Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Will the Rockets make the playoffs?

Go down 
+6
3-peat
Rush
brownie13
Darko
No Longer DEAD
#1 Rockets Fan
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
Will the Rockets make the playoffs? Vote_lcap90%Will the Rockets make the playoffs? Vote_rcap
 90% [ 9 ]
No
Will the Rockets make the playoffs? Vote_lcap10%Will the Rockets make the playoffs? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

Will the Rockets make the playoffs? Empty
PostSubject: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:23 am

Lets scratch the surface again. Will the Rockets make the playoffs now that you see a little of what they are capable of doing?

Your opinion?
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:36 am

They're off to a good start, but they'll slow down soon. I say no, and they'll be the 9th seed.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:33 am

NO BECAUSE THE WARRIORS WILL BE THERE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE WARRIORS!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:48 am

I have fallen in love with the Rockets' front court. They need a little more dept though, so the sooner they can either get McGrady back into the rotation or trade him for a solid role player, the better.If they can add a little depth and stay healthy, then I see them having an opportunity to even get a 4 or 5 seed.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 am

I think they will get to the playoffs because they're playing at a level people thought they wouldn't be playing at. I hope we don't have to worry about healthy issues, because these guys don't get injured easily. Our weakness is our height. We don't have a real center. But these guys have a lot of hustle in them and that is what I think will keep them going in the season and end up in the playoffs. They play at a level that most teams don't play at and I like that about them.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:45 am

Greg Oden-Get well!!!!!!! wrote:

high five!
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Khai (JJ for ROY) wrote:

high five!

THAT'S RIGHT.IF THE WARRIORS WERE FOCUSED MORE ON WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS,EVERYBODY WOULD BE OWNED FROM THEM
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Khai (JJ for ROY) wrote:

high five!

THAT'S RIGHT.IF THE WARRIORS WERE FOCUSED MORE ON WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS,EVERYBODY WOULD BE OWNED FROM THEM

Sorry, but the Warriors could have god on they're side and still get nowhere near the championship.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Khai (JJ for ROY) wrote:

high five!

Even though that didn't make sense...you're right!
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:13 pm

Yea, they will. But not do good. The thing is that the Western Confrence has gotten softer ever since 2 years ago. it's not imposible like 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:28 pm

The thing I like about the Rockets is they're mental toughness. Did you see Rick Adelman on the Yahoo Homepage complaining about our upcoming schedule over the holidays. We have four back-to-back games over the next two weeks. :silent:

Last edited by #1 Rockets Fan (Original) on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:31 pm

I guess. If anyone is going to miss the Playoffs in the west this year it might be the Hornets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Definately. The Hornets just arent' in it this year. I know some people picked NO to have a better record than us this year. The Rockets have so potential to get to the playoffs.

BTW When Yao comes back how well do you think the Rockets will do next season?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Yao will get injured again when he comes back

100%

I'll make a bet with you without any hesitation....
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm

I herd somewhere Yao's contract runs out this season? and they might sign another big man.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 pm

No, Abdi. He can opt out. He most certainly won't. IDK what will happen after next season, but he is a Rocket for at least one more.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:45 pm

I would opt out if i was Yao, no offense but the Rockets wont be winning a championship anytime soon and Yao is getting older.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm

I thought the Rockets would have a slow start without T-Mac and Ming.. but they are 13-10 as of now and will only get better whn T-Mac comes back IF he plays well. Or they'll just trade him and improve their team that way. So their chances look good right now and if the playoffs started today they would be the 7th seed. So right now I think they will end up in the playoffs, but I still have a lot of doubts
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:57 pm

KB24 wrote:
I would opt out if i was Yao, no offense but the Rockets wont be winning a championship anytime soon and Yao is getting older.

17 million on a team that is 13-10 w/o him, and whos only player over 30 is Battier? You would be the dumbest player to ever be in the NBA. Yao won't have played in over a year, and no one will be willing to pay more. Also, any team that signs him isn't going anywhere soon either, because they would have to completely change their style to accommodate him. Rockets have already done it before, and with their current front court, would have the ability to protect him from a physical beating and keep his minutes low as he recovers. Houston is w/o a doubt his best option. I guess you're forgetting that the only team to take the Lakers to 7 games last season was the Rockets. and the final 4 games were without Yao, weren't they? Sounds like a competitor to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:31 pm

yeah they will
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Only if T-Mac doesn't play
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:36 pm

This team like you said is 13-10 without Yao or Mac. That's good. When Yao comes back annd if they get a new free agent this upcoming offseason then they will do better than expected.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:37 pm

I change my mind actually...Rockets will make the playoffs but lose in 6 games to the Mavericks.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:05 pm

They definately will make the playoffs!!
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 3:18 pm

How do you feel about the Rockets beating mulitple powerhouse teams this year? Cavaliers, Lakers, Jazz, Blazers, Mavericks. If the playoffs started today we would be playing Denver who has a huge size difference than us, but with the hustle and strenght that the Rockets have how do you think a series like this will fan out? Size, Strenght vs. Hustle, Mentality, Strenght
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the Rockets make the playoffs?   Will the Rockets make the playoffs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next