Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Mike James out for 5 weeks because of a broken hand, Coach Cassell in the mix?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Mike James out for 5 weeks because of a broken hand, Coach Cassell in the mix? Empty
PostSubject: Mike James out for 5 weeks because of a broken hand, Coach Cassell in the mix?   Mike James out for 5 weeks because of a broken hand, Coach Cassell in the mix? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:49 pm

It's deja vu for the Wizards. Another injury. Fortunately, this James isn't a major rotation player, so that's not catastrophic for us.

On the other hand, Coach Cassell has played down possible rumors that he may come out of retirement to play for the Wizards and be a player/coach. Given how things are going with backcourt injuries, this is not a bad idea. I actually went to Coach Saunders' meet the coach event last May and after the Q&A, he was nice enough to talk one on one with a lot of folks, and I actually had a chance to speak with him for a couple minutes, and asked him about the possibility of Coach Cassell playing if we're in a deep playoff run, or if the team's perimeter gets depleted (without mentioning if Arenas and Butler and Young) get hurt, note that we didn't know about Foye and Eminem then. He answered with a laugh and said, "Man, that's a good one. I don't expect Sam Cassell will play for us since he's going to be one of my assistants, but you never know."
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Mike James out for 5 weeks because of a broken hand, Coach Cassell in the mix? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike James out for 5 weeks because of a broken hand, Coach Cassell in the mix?   Mike James out for 5 weeks because of a broken hand, Coach Cassell in the mix? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 pm

If the injuries get way out of hand and it affects the Wizards greatly, then I would not be completely shocked if Cassell does come out of retirement, even if it is a temporary basis to help the Wizards.
Back to top Go down

Mike James out for 5 weeks because of a broken hand, Coach Cassell in the mix?
Page 1 of 1