Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach Empty
PostSubject: Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach   Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:29 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/news/story?id=5160039

thoughts on the hire?

I think it's a decent hire. I did a good job at Robert Morris and got teams into the NCAA Tournament. If he can recruit fairly well and do as good a job at Rutgers as he did at Robert Morris our 19 year NCAA Tournament drought may be over sometime. Tough task at a Rutgers team that had star and only McDonals All American to ever play for them Mike Rosario transfer though
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach   Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm a little worried that he won't cut it in the Big East too and a bit disappointed Rutgers missed out on Al Skinner, Eddie Jordan, and Fran Dunphy. Fred Hill's buyout had to lead to a cheaper hire also.

Im worried he's just a good mid major coach that can't get in done in a power conference like the Big East.

I think it's a pretty decent hire though after doing a nice job at Robert Morris. Recruiting and rebuilding is going to be a key here. Rutgers is in for a rough season next year

I still think Mike Rice is a terrific hire for a program that's a joke right now though. He can build programs has energy and will bring a staff with good ties to the Pittsburgh, Philly, and New York area to get some recruits. He's young and could be here for the long term as well.

I like the hiring and think he's a good fit for Rutgers and I'm happy with who they got. This year will be rough but in his games against Big East teams such as games in which he almost beat Seton Hall and Rutgers 2 years ago, almost beat Pitt this year, and scared the living heck out of Villanova in the 1st Round of the NCAA Tournament he'll do fine in the Big East

Rutgers is a joke now and Mike Rice will bring some life and I believe in 2-4 years a chance at an NCAA Tournament berth they haven't had since joining the Big East
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach   Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Mike Rice went to Fordham, which is in NYC. Coached at Pitt as Dixon's right hand man, and St. Joes among others. Those ties with Big East country will be vital for him to have success at Rutgers University. This is potentially a great steal for the Knights, even though there were sexier picks out there.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach   Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach Empty

Back to top Go down

Rutgers hires Robert Morris coach Mike Rice as the head coach
Page 1 of 1