Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?

Go down 
+8
Darko
3-peat
No Longer DEAD
Janet
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
Teh Big O'reilly
MC-dizzle
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? Empty
PostSubject: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:09 pm

I personally don't really care, I don't think there will even be any difference between the so called experienced refs and the replacement refs.

BQ: What are the chances u give to the following 4 teams in winning 72+ games this season. (LAL, BOS, ORL, CLE)

BQ2: How much longer will Stephen Jackson remain a Warrior?

BQ3: Is KG getting a little overrated since winning the title in 2008?

BQ4: Where do you think your team will finish up at the end of the season?

STAR if you are excited about the NBA season!!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091013200832AAFEvpV
Back to top Go down
Teh Big O'reilly
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Teh Big O'reilly

Male Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:14 pm

I honestly don't give a damn.

BQ: LAL 50%, BOS 55%, ORL 25%, CLE 60%
BQ2: He'll be traded mid-season
BQ3: YES. I currently consider chris bosh's abilities equal or better to his.
BQ4: Nuggets:1st in Northwest division, 3rd or 4th in Western conference, Lose in finals
Raptors: 2nd in Atlantic, 6-7 in Eastern conference, Lose in 2nd round
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm not giving any of them more than 25% at winning 72+.
Back to top Go down
Teh Big O'reilly
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Teh Big O'reilly

Male Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:16 pm

actually, you're right. but I'll keep the same scale

LAL 15%
BOS 20&
ORL 0%
CLE 25%
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:23 pm

I could care less about this whole strike. Doesn't make much of a difference to me - oh, I forgot that the strike was even taking place until you reminded me, haha.

For all the aforementioned teams, I give all of them no chance of winning 72+ games this season. I just find that this season would be too competitive for any team to obtain such a good record. In addition, I feel that no team in the NBA this season can possibly be that dominant enough to be THAT good.

After his recent incident, it seems as if he is gunning to be traded and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. Therefore, I say not for long...

I would not consider KG overrated or underrated - I think he is rated (for lack of a better word) fairly with regards to his skills/abilities. I just think that KG may think a bit more highly of himself after winning his first championship ring. That is just my take on this though.

Spurs - 59 - 23
Raptors - 47 - 35
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:32 pm

It's a really big issue, because of how out of whack the NBA's refereeing system is. The average age of an NBA ref is up near 55 years, and it has taken a toll on the game. Many of these refs' vision is fading, and they have trouble trying to keep pace with the game. The reason for the age the refs is because of how poorly compensated they really are, and that no younger person, with time on their hands, could actually make a good career out of it. Now that they are on strike, I really hope that David Stern, and the rest of the NBA, realize how beneficial it would be to the league, to make refereeing worthwhile. Not only would we have younger refs, but also better, and more motivated ones.

Cavaliers 4%, Lakers 2%, Boston 1%, Orlando 0%

Jackson probably won't last till the trade deadline. I think it'll be about 30 games in.

No, KG is not overrated. He is a top 5 leader in the NBA, a top 5 PF, and a top 5 player in overall impact on a team. He is aging, but his ability to change games with his intensity remains the same.

The Warriors will finish with 34 wins and miss the Playoffs. They will look promising at times, but ultimately run themselves into the ground because of Don Nelson and their pathetic defense and turnovers. Nuggets will win the Northwest, and finish 2nd in the West overall. They will be knocked out in 6 games by 3 seed San Antonio in the 2nd round.

*starred*
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:42 pm

K.G is now the #1 defensive of the decade and I swear I laughed out aloud when I saw him as the #1 player of the decade. TD and Shaq is far more deserving as the GOAT of post Jordan era and Kobe still got a few years left so we will see what happens.

Wolves were never a great defensive team while TD led the Spurs to 12 seasons of top 5 defensive team, I'm shocked he has no won a DPOY award yet but it;s one of the many reasons why he is underrated.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:45 pm

KG's intensity on D is unmatched in the NBA. He brings energy and life into any defense. Is it his fault that he did not have very willing defensive players when he played in Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:49 pm

intensity? KG just screams, why didn't his intensity rub off in his Wolves days, he had one good season, a MVP season and then everything went down hill even though he had the same players for a while.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:49 pm

David wrote:
K.G is now the #1 defensive of the decade and I swear I laughed out aloud when I saw him as the #1 player of the decade. TD and Shaq is far more deserving as the GOAT of post Jordan era and Kobe still got a few years left so we will see what happens.

Wolves were never a great defensive team while TD led the Spurs to 12 seasons of top 5 defensive team, I'm shocked he has no won a DPOY award yet but it;s one of the many reasons why he is underrated.

Wow, KG has good defense but that is a bit of a stretch to call him the number one defensive player of the decade. There are many other players during his day that, to me, have made a greater impact on a game defensively but KG is marketable/popular and the NBA is about marketing their product so I guess that is why he won the honours? confused

You bring up a very good point about TD/Spurs and defense (of course I would say that, haha). I always find that the Spurs organization somewhat under the radar and a bit overlooked by NBA fans/analysts.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Have you ever played with another player that just amps up your game? I have and know the exact effect KG has on his teammates. His best teammates in Minnesota were Szcerbiak and Sprewell, as well as an aging Cassell. Tell me what player could get the group to play great defense.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

exactly Jaleesa, K.G is very skilled defensively and can guard almost every position, but I think like the MVP award, team defensive ratings should come into play when determining a player's defensive capability and leadership.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 pm

TD doesn't seem like a vocal guy but I consider him still the best leader in the NBA, look at what he has done for Parker and Ginobili. Being a leader doesn't mean screaming at your teammates until they cry or tell u to "fuck off!"
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:57 pm

To me Duncan is a better leader, but he doesn't contribute as much defensively as KG. Who would you choose to replace KG as this decade's best defensive player? Overall leadership and defensive impact are two very different things.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:00 am

I'd rather have TD on my defensive squad then KG, he brings out the best in everyone and good defense requires all 5 players and I would rather have a player that makes everyone better defensively.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:04 am

Id take TD if I was talking about everything. But defensively, KG just amps up a team's intensity, which is often the biggest factor in defense. If your going at a team hard defensively because another teammate keeps bringing more energy, then your defense is going to be better yourself. Plus the fact that KG is a better defender than Duncan himself.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:09 am

to me Duncan understands the game alot better than K.G and that rubs off on people.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:11 am

I think then, that its a difference in playing styles and what teammates need and don't need. I personally enjoy having high energy guys on my team, especially on defense, because I know it puts an extra kick in my game.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:13 am

David wrote:
to me Duncan understands the game alot better than K.G and that rubs off on people.

True.
Better leadership leads to your team mates responding to you better.
If your team mates respond to you, that means they respect you.
When they respect you, they will work harder towards betterment of their abilities (e.g. defense).
Plus, because Duncan knows the game very well - he knows what it takes to help his team mates play better defensively.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:14 am

lETS SEE WHAT HAPPENDS P;D
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:18 am

what happened Janet? What happened to the foot in toilet pic, that one was art!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 am

I agree David. Everybody loved the foot + toilet pic.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 am

LETS SEE i went out for a while to go do stuff lol

and hey hey my foot was NOT IN THE TOILET LOL My foot was in the sink .. and the toilet was open lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

HA HA THANX ;D
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:22 am

Im pretty sure it was in the toilet Janet. Razz

And the sink really isn't really a chair either hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?   NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue? Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA Fans: Do you guys honestly care about the whole "ref strike" issue?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next