Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?

Go down 
+6
lozan :)
cbi
KD35
Saeed
wallshingtonwizard
Darko
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? Empty
PostSubject: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Cavs?Magic?Nets? other like Hawks?..........
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Well we don't know, five years is an eternity from now. Besides the die hards, five years ago in Boston do you think many of them thought that their team would win a championship this decade?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Agreed with Acleex.

I mean, the Bucks might end up with Durant, Granger, and... let's say Devin Harris for all we know.

The Magic could have LeBron and the Cavaliers could have Howard.

5 years is a long period, but with these rosters, I would say the Magic [the only oldie we have is Carter, and Lewis will still be raining 3's in 5 years, Howard will be prime and Bass would be a bit past his, Nelson would also be prime]. The Cavs could be, but the only young star they have that can keep it up for another 5 years is LeBron, and we've seen how he can't carry the load on his back. The Nets are a good choice Darko, they might as well have the most potent offense in the NBA, a few years from now. Harris, Lee, Lopez. That will be scary, even if it seems like nothing now.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Nets look promising to me and btw,Cavs need some good scoring back up for LeBron
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Agreed. LeBron's play-off stats are good, but that won't happen every game. Let's say they play the Lakers [Bryant, Artest, Odom] or Rockets [Battier, Ariza]. He will get stopped. Other than him, West is capable of 20, but is inconsistant at times, Williams can't score, and O'Neal at his age isn't ready for 30 pt. games.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Nets for sure.......
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 pm

dwayne wrote:
Nets for sure.......

As I said, they might as well have the most patent, consistant offense in the NBA.

Harris
Lee
Williams
Jianlian
Lopez
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:46 pm

potent
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Jianlin is still a question mark to me......
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Well something screams Knicks, Nets, and *gasp* Pacers(and Cavs..) to me.

Just that they seem to all be on the right track, making great moves, have got a plan for the future and also make great draft picks.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:20 pm

The Cavs have an older team than the Magic.

LeBron and Howard set aside...

Nelson and Williams...
Nelson is better, Nelson is younger
Carter and West...
Both are either in their late prime or past it, so you can forget about these two, even if West is younger
Lewis and.. uhm.. who? haha. Varajeo?...
Lewis will be draining threes in 5 years, still. Sure, he will be slower, yet he'll be much more experienced with the system and a lot smarter
Bass and O'Neal
37 years old O'Neal is... haha
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Mo is 26, he's still gonna be 31 and in the end years of his prime five years from now

West is 26, he's still gonna be 31 and a rough house defender those days

Varejao probably won't be with us. But we'll have Darnell Jackson and JJ Hickson.
Some people actually compared Hickson to a very young Karl Malone(a bit drastic though)

and we can always get a new center. look at bynum, gets so overrated for playing terrible just cuz he plays on the Lakers.

plus we will have Gibson, Jamario Moon(hopefully), and Danny Green
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:29 pm

I honestly didn't know Mo and West were that young....

Jackson, Hickson, Gibson, and Moon are nothing, really.

Gibson lost all he had since playing behind two better guards.
Moon is a jumper, and that's all.
Hickson is not Karl Malone...
Jackson is a nobody.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 pm

lol@all of that

Gibson has been injured all of the last two seasons. he is CLUTCH.

Moon has improved every year he's played

Hickson, I have already said he isn't Karl Malone, but some people say he is

Jackson took over the back up PF spot for the Cavs when Hickson and Z and Wallace were injured and played great.. he's earned a spot on the roster. he was a way better rookie than Hickson. Easily.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Clutch? Really, CBI? Really?

And I'll bet the Cavs will take Mo out of the game to bring the 7th man to make a game-winner Rolling Eyes

Moon has imroved his flashy dunks and blocks.

Hickson isn't anything, neither is Jackson. Period. Why would Hickson and Jackson mean anything? What the hell have they done to prove to you that they will be good in the future?
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Hawks....................

yes I was being biased lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Wow@Nickson beeing young Karl Malone
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Yes. COUGH2007playoffs,as a rookie, against the number one team in the eastCOUGH

Moon is a scorer. That's something the Cavs need. a scorer. a straight up scorer. the only guy they got to do that is LeBron(dont' say Mo, he's way too inconsistent)

And hIckson is very raw and only 20 and has proven to be a good rebounder and defender. eh just needs to adjust to the NBA

and Jackson was the starting C for the world champion Jayhawks in 2008, and went on to play great basketball in an improved role for the Cavaliers this season

So..
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Peaches ♥ wrote:

Johnson, Crawford, Smith, Williams, Horford.

And that's not biased.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 pm

And Darko; Bill something on ESPN.com(is a big Celtics fan) said that.

NOt me..

and it's HICKSON not nickson
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 pm

comparing hickson to malone is ALOT worst than comparing rubio to maravich
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:45 pm

All Day wrote:
Peaches ♥ wrote:

Johnson, Crawford, Smith, Williams, Horford.

And that's not biased.

I really do think the Hawks can do really well, and be among the bst of the best in the East.
We solved some of our problems this summer by getting Crawford, Collins, Joe Smith, and Jeff Teague
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Um.. no it isn't haha.

and I hate how everybody thinks I"M the one comparing. I never said that.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:46 pm

CBI wrote:
Yes. COUGH2007playoffs,as a rookie, against the number one team in the eastCOUGH

Moon is a scorer. That's something the Cavs need. a scorer. a straight up scorer. the only guy they got to do that is LeBron(dont' say Mo, he's way too inconsistent)

And hIckson is very raw and only 20 and has proven to be a good rebounder and defender. eh just needs to adjust to the NBA

and Jackson was the starting C for the world champion Jayhawks in 2008, and went on to play great basketball in an improved role for the Cavaliers this season

So..

COUGH that was two years ago COUGH he cant shoot worth shit to what he was doing in 2007 COUGH LeBron is the one who scored 25 straight points for the Cavs COUGH

Moon isn't a scorer that will get 20 points when LeBron is injured or has an off night. That is West. You know West is a better scorer than Moon. Hell, Pietrus is a better player than Moon.

Hickson is Hickson. Let's talk about him when he averaged 3 PPG Smile

What makes you think Jackson will be a great player?

Seriously CBI, with Hickson and Jackson, you can say the same about any rookie/young player.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

CBI wrote:
Um.. no it isn't haha.

and I hate how everybody thinks I"M the one comparing. I never said that.

Twisted Evil

And take a look at your own sig Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?   Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will be the best team for the Eastern Confrence in 5 years?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next