Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?

Go down 
+12
Saeed
Tar Heel
VP
BNB
EM:)
Darko
Snow.
Nick C
Straight Edge Bluntness
MC-dizzle
No Longer DEAD
16 posters
AuthorMessage
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:45 am

For me, I see the Warriors in the same spot...shitty management, little to no talent (most of it coming from leagues out of the NBA, ala D-League), and another crappy coach. Actually, there's some talent, but they can't learn to win. Curry's gone and had immediate success with his hometown Charlotte Bobcats. There's almost no potential on this team except for a top 3 pick they got a couple years ago.

On a brighter note, where do you see your team in 10 years? Please try to make the scenarios realistic...
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:52 am

Man it's hard because there's gonna be drafts etc, but everybody is going to be old... Z and Shaq gone...
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:58 am

I looked in my crystal ball and it told me in 10 years Khai will be drafted by the Warriors and lead them to the finals for 10 straight seasons.................................................. but unfortunately MC was on the other side Shocked

nah but seriously I don't see the Thunders making any major moves soon.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:13 am

hard to predict but perhaps in the rebuilding stages or in playoff contention but not winning the championship.
I hope I am incorrect though.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:24 am

Struggling , then sucking, then being awesome again. It happens every other decade for the Lakers. I don't see it any different than how it's been.

Jerry Buss isn't going to be around forever and neither is Kobe. I think over the next ten years the Lakers will finally hit a patch of bad seasons. I think that Jerry will hand the team down to one of his kids (hopefully not the retarded one) or sell the team to a Russian or Chinese billionaire who looks at the team as an trophy piece and not for the history of the team.

But the Lakers will prevail. They always do.

NBA CHAMPS 2017 and 2019!!!
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 am

If dwights around and gets a good offensive game going there will be about 1-2/10 championships for us Smile
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:44 am

In 10 years,i see Blazers great trio Oden,Roy and Aldridge winning 2/3 rings in the era of LeBron James domination.....
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:25 am

Harrington/T-MAC would probably be retired and no one even knows if they'll be Knicks past this season. I am pretty certain Kncks would not keep Duhon, Curry (very certain), Giddens, and Bender past this season as well. Assuming that NY keeps the guys we have now you be the judge.

In 10 years...

PG. TONEY DOUGLAS - 34
SG. BILL WALKER - 32
SF. WILSON CHANDLER - 32
PF. DANILO GALLINARI - 31
C. DAVID LEE - 36
6. Sergio Rodriguez - 33
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:23 pm

10 years?! that's kinda hard haha.. 5 years would have been easier.

I can see 2 titles for the bulls IF Rose stays healthy and IF we get some good free agents. We have things set up nicely for the next couple of years.. we just need things to go our way.
Back to top Go down
VP
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
VP

Male Posts : 517

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 pm

A major trade or two better happen. Because if they don't, Detroit will be bottom-feeders for the rest of this decade.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:58 pm

10 years? Beginning to rise again after falling down quite a bit with the retirement of Fisher, Kobe, Gasol, etc. Hopefully Bynum is still here and in the down part of his prime as he leads a roster of high draft picks and solid FAs deep into the playoffs. I can dream, can't I? 👅
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Mr Winner and Defense wrote:
In 10 years,i see Blazers great trio Oden,Roy and Aldridge winning 2/3 rings in the era of LeBron James domination.....

im sorry.

i just literally laughed my head off.
1. "Mr Winner and Defense"
2. the 2 to 3 rings... lol. theyre not playing against d-league teams mr winner.

damn, that was too funny.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:34 pm

50 win playoff team.......
Back to top Go down
KALINA GOOO GIANTS!
College Baller
College Baller
KALINA GOOO GIANTS!

Female Posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

I see the exact opposite i see the warriors having a kaboom season!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Realistically, for DC

2010-2011 - BAD, No major FA or B list FA comes here, 15-25 win season
2011-2012 - Lockout. Whole season is gone because players want money, owners want to save it because they're losing money.
2012-2013 - Lockout resumes, but half a season is salvaged thanks to some 11th hour deals. Gilbert is finally bought out and he plays for the Shanghai Sharks with Sun Yue and Yi Jianlian where they won the 2011-2012 CBA title. The Wizards continue to suck.
2013-2014 - Wizards get better, still miss playoffs despite having a better season. 30-40 wins
2014-2015 - Wizards have a step back, still miss playoffs 25-35 wins.
2015-2016 - Playoff appearance again, lose in 1st rd
2016-2017 - Playoffs, Eastern Finals, thanks to a major free agent signing first big one of the Big Ted era
2017-2018 - NBA Finals, but lose badly to OKC
2018-2019 - NBA Championship, beats OKC
2019-2020 - Team is blown up again due to an aging core, here we go again, but at least Ted finishes what Abe started.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:07 pm

»•▪♥« wrote:
Mr Winner and Defense wrote:

im sorry.

i just literally laughed my head off.
1. "Mr Winner and Defense"
2. the 2 to 3 rings... lol. theyre not playing against d-league teams mr winner.

damn, that was too funny.

You lost me after this 'just literally my head off'....

And they should win couple of rings.They are great trio that will dominate the league,as long other are good and they are the future's best coach McMilan,it will championships...
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:05 pm

i dont know, prolly a playoff team not contenders.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:46 pm

Mr Winner, tell me exactly why you say that. Why you think Portland will win 2 or 3 rings?

I don't any team winning more than 2 rings in this next decade. Let alone 2 at all.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:48 pm

two rings in a decade will be hard to do, when there will only be nine or maybe eight seasons considering the NBA lockout
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Thunder might win a ring if they get a legit big man.....
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Breathe wrote:
Thunder might win a ring if they get a legit big man.....

I called it first! lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:53 am

»•▪♥« wrote:
Mr Winner, tell me exactly why you say that. Why you think Portland will win 2 or 3 rings?

I don't any team winning more than 2 rings in this next decade. Let alone 2 at all.

Just 2 it's enough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?   Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you see your team in 10 years, assuming no major trades happen?
Page 1 of 1