Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest

Go down 
+10
cbi
Fox News
Justin
Neil
KD35
Straight Edge Bluntness
Rush
Raza
YK (Alive)
King Of NJ
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Winner is
Jordan
Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Vote_lcap22%Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Wilkins
Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Vote_lcap9%Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Dr.J
Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Vote_lcap4%Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
VC
Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Vote_lcap65%Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Vote_rcap
 65% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Empty
PostSubject: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 pm

Vince Carter
Michael Jordan
Julius Erving
Dominique Wilkins

and who meets in the Finals
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Man, thats almost too close to call. I'm not the biggest Vince Carter fan of his actual basketball play/skills -- I think he's vastly overrated there, but his dunks were insane at the time. Just freakish in nature and ridiculously athletic.

I also think Dominique might have gotten robbed in at least one of those contests versus Jordan -- He himself feels that way and so do many others. So I'll go with an upset of sorts.

Vince Carter vs Dominique Wilkins in the Finals, with Vince Carter taking it barely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Vince Carter can dunk for sure!
Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest 3081_Vince_Carter_Posters090407065046
Back to top Go down
YK (Alive)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
YK (Alive)

Male Posts : 5676

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:21 pm

You know Michael Jordan is the best Slam Dunk champion...
MJ>VC, Kobe, LeBron, Dr.j, Wilkins
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/YK13
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 pm

VC because he is the best dunker in NBA history. Short and simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:17 am

I'd say Vince Carter would. He's got more a jump to him than Jordan or Dr J, and has proven he can pull off some amazing moves. Second would be Michael Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Vince Carter did some amazing things when he was with Toronto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:34 pm

MJ then Vince
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Top 3:

1. Jordan, he did something nobody else did. He came out and did dunks that were almost impossible.

2. Vince Carter, he wowed everybody with the crazy things he did. He could easily, do what he did while he was in Toronto and competed in those.

3. Julius Erving, did some great dunks and for his era were almost impossible.

Vince Carter though, remains the best dunker in NBA history.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Vince Carter is one of the most dynamic, creative dunkers all-time in the NBA. Some of his past dunks honestly amazed me and I haven't seen any other player top his dunks - Vince definately wins in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Vince Carter is the best dunker of all time, but I think in Dunk Contests Jordan beats him out with his creativity.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Vince Carter blew away this poll

he's currently my 2nd favorite NBA player to Derrick Rose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Really? I didn't think Vince Carter still had bad fans as he used too!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:42 pm

Mohammad wrote:

Haha, all the Vince haters are in Toronto. Razz
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Vince gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:45 am

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:
Mohammad wrote:

lol it's so wrong how you guys boo him

VC is the man!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 pm

King Of NJ wrote:
Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:
Mohammad wrote:

lol it's so wrong how you guys boo him

VC is the man!

I still do it too when I am watching the game from home each time the Nets come to Toronto. Sorry to Magic fans, but I will have to boo them because of Vince. He is a good player but as a faithful Raptors fan, I have to boo any team that Vince is on, haha.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 pm

VC is the best thing to ever happen to the Raptors.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Raza wrote:
VC is the best thing to ever happen to the Raptors.

He did help put the Raptors on the map but he also abandoned them when he was needed most with his so-called injuries and demands t be traded. So now we boo that sucker each time he comes to Toronto. I think there will be more boos to come this season since he owned the Raptors last season by making the game winning shot against them for the Nets' victory (I should add that the game winning shot was a dunk; Vince's specialty).
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Carter didn't like the way things were going and didn't like the management, so he wanted a trade. If Bosh wanted a trade, would you all hate him too?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Raza wrote:
Carter didn't like the way things were going and didn't like the management, so he wanted a trade. If Bosh wanted a trade, would you all hate him too?

Well, I would understand if Bosh asked to be traded - he did have to endure Sam Mitchell's awful coaching system. In addition, the Raptors had a decent roster last year but did not fully play to their potential while Bosh was playing his heart out every night. Even when he was injured for a bit last season, he still showed interest in the affairs of his team. At the end of the season, when the Raptors had a small chance of making the playoffs, Bosh still played his hardest even though they essentially had zero chance of getting into the playoffs. Even through the bad, Bosh showed dedication to his team. Management is kinda effed up so I would understand if he asked to be traded cause he did try his hardest under those circumstances and must have found it difficult.

Vince on the other hand, did not show the same determination that Bosh did. When his team was going through a bad period with Lenny Wilkins as their coach and the the rratic Kevin O'Neil, Vince kinda gave up on the team and showed decreased determination and was not the leader of the team like he used to be a few seasons prior. He kinda gave up on his team before he even asked for a trade.

Oh wow, I wrote so much...sorry! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:42 pm

I've read about Vince saying "he didn't give it his all", and it says on Wikipedia that someone (either the interviewer or the Coach [I forget which one]), said it was just a misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Raza wrote:
I've read about Vince saying "he didn't give it his all", and it says on Wikipedia that someone (either the interviewer or the Coach [I forget which one]), said it was just a misunderstanding.

Ooo...interesting. Based on what I saw on the court though; it seemed like Vince had completely given up on his team. I don't dislike him as much as when he just left for the Nets but it just seems like a routine now to boo Vicne when he comes to town, haha.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Haha and it's just a routine for him to shut you up by hitting a game winner Razz
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Raza wrote:
Haha and it's just a routine for him to shut you up by hitting a game winner Razz

LOLOLOL!
That was a good one.
*shakes fist* You evil child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest   Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Who wins this all-time Slam Dunk Contest
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next