Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?

Go down 
+4
Nick C
Chris
Raza
EM:)
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? Empty
PostSubject: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Deserves a 2nd crack at it. Let him dip his beak in the Slam Dunk Contest and see if he can redeem himself from his past showing. I mean he's good for it he does have hops & Bird is the word, so Chris "Birdman" Andersen should go back to the Dunk contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ksqrFQPgU
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm

No....

If you look this year, all of his dunks are relatively open simple two handed jams. He's not doing anything special except jumping higher than people. He will never get welcomed into the dunk contest because he doesn't show that in games he has the creativity to succeed in it.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

That blows cause Nate Robinson barely dunks in, in game situations yet he is in the dunk contest. Must be great to be small & have abnormal athletic ability cause you get voted into things you shouldn't be voted into because your season performances don't show.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:57 pm

But Nate Robinson can do crazy windmills, 360s, between the legs, and amazing alley oops...

Birdman can do a two handed dunk.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Andre Iguodala should have won the dunk contest over Nate Robinson that was fowl.
Dwight Howard should have beat Nate Robinson as well.

I hate it how these days the "little man" complex wins you dunk contests. I mean Fred Jones over Jason Richardson was another travesty. Nate Robinson does have a shitload of hops though.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Iguodala over Nate = Yes
Dwight over Nate = Maybe
Fernandez over Nate = Yes (that contest was obviously set up for Superman vs. Kryptonate)
But Birdman over Nate? Not in dunk contests
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Will the Thrill should be in a dunk contest...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Will.....Bynum? Chandler?

Idk who Will the Thrill is lol
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Wilson Chandler

Can Will Bynum even dunk?

I like Will Bynum...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Yeah, Bynum has thrown down some surprising tomahawks this year

But really, a 5'9 dunker who can be up there with the best dunkers in the league is just priceless to watch. Although he does get overrated and gets brownie points for being small, he's still a great dunker
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Yeah he is...

But I want to see more than 1 Knick in the dunk contest & I think Wilson Chandler is our best bet in joining Nate. David Lee has the athletic ability to join Nate in the dunk contest also, but I don't think the NBA fans want to see another pivotman undersized and all along with DH12 in the dunk contest. Oh well we are still well represented David Lee (maybe All-star reserve if coach's get it right); Nate Robinson, dunk contest; and Danilo Gallinari, 3 point contest.

I love Will Bynum good luck to MoTown. I've always liked them.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:21 pm

For the dunk contest, I don't think two Knicks will make it...there's Nate, but then there's the sure dunkers like Dwight and Lebron. Then there's a rookie that competes and then there's many more crazily athletic players in the league. But David Lee SHOULD make the ASG and Gallinari SHOULD make the 3 point contest

But 2 Knicks in the dunk contest? Won't happen
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:26 pm

I know!!!!

In terms of power dunks LBJ23 is amazing, but his in game dunks are really nothing special. I mean he's no VC or J.Rich when dunking ability is concerned IMMHO. I think Gerald Wallace and/or Rudy Gay should be in this contest. Shannon Brown is a good choice as well.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Lebron isn't the flashiest dunker, but he can windmill, throw amazing alley oops, cock the ball back so far, double pump, between the legs, and can probably whip up something nice for the contest

Shannon Brown jumps SO HIGH. It would be nice to see him there
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 pm

heck to the no.

He had two chances when he was younger, now he can barely dunk, only some gay two handed dunks...he also gets blocked on the fastbreak while dunking(see J Smooth blocking him on the fastbreak)

I would like to see Shannon and Derozan(as a rookie)
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:46 pm

No.

Chris' problem is that he's not creative. Plus on one of his dunks he took so many attempts I actually fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Same with Nate Robinson I fell asleep watching both of them with their many attempts. The NBA should penalize them or cut down on their attempts.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 pm

TonyEM wrote:
Same with Nate Robinson I fell asleep watching both of them with their many attempts. The NBA should penalize them or cut down on their attempts.

HIGH FIVE BROTHA!!!

I don't care that he's one apple taller than a Smurf... I hated that he got like 15 attempts on a "M'eh" dunk.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Nick C wrote:
No.

Chris' problem is that he's not creative. Plus on one of his dunks he took so many attempts I actually fell asleep.

Yeah u got me, he also took 15attemps or more for both dunks in 2005
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:55 pm

Hahaha one apple taller than a smurf... All I know is that if someone like Andre Iguodala stood behind the basket threw a pass to himself behind the basket off the backboard. Jumped from there and turned that into a successful dunk that went in the basket w/o injuring himself by hitting his head on anything and delivering as smooth as he did. Then automatically he deserves to win the Slam Dunk title no matter who his opponent is and the fact fans are taken by his opponent's small stature.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Iggy was robbed that year.

I'm actually curious to see if LeBron can do anything outside of a power dunk.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 pm

If lebron can just combine a bunch of dunks that he does pregame and maybe some new dunks or make it better he should pull off some good dunks.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Chosen One wrote:
If lebron can just combine a bunch of dunks that he does pregame and maybe some new dunks or make it better he should pull off some good dunks.

He's got the hops for sure. I've never watched him do anything pre-game though.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Yeah...

I think Brown is a good choice for the dunk contest
I still say Gerald Wallace and/or Rudy Gay deserve a spot
D.Howard
And the return of J.Rich would be nice...

Maybe even Rodrigue Beaubois, since it's in Dallas and all and he can throw it down in exciting fashion.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Nick C wrote:
Chosen One wrote:

He's got the hops for sure. I've never watched him do anything pre-game though.
He is talking about something like this:

Or this:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?   Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman? Empty

Back to top Go down

Even after his embarrassing performance in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest Before I think Birdman?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next