Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? Empty
PostSubject: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:49 pm

If pitted against one another where the best players of their respective position played against the 2nd best players of their respective position as well as put the 2 best 6th men in the NBA on opposite sides. Who would win?

For, example here is what I think....

(Best in their respective position)

PG. CHAUNCEY BILLUPS

SG. KOBE BRYANT - I must admit finally showing up in an NBA Finals series showed me that as of now he is the NBA's #1 SG.

SF. LEBRON JAMES
PF. TIM DUNCAN
C. YAO MING
6. Manu Ginobili

(2nd best in their respective position)

PG. DERON WILLIAMS
SG. DWYANE WADE
SF. PAUL PIERCE
PF. KEVIN GARNETT
C. DWIGHT HOWARD
6. Jason Terry
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Here is the thing i disagree Tony

Arguably Dirk is in his prime,25,4 PPG,8,6 RPG,1 BPG(wierd) on 47,9%FG and he got the All-NBA First Team ahead of Timothy and KG.But even as a Dirk fan i still think Tim>Nowitzki so just add Big D at the second team.That's it
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Here is my call

First Team
C:Dwight Howard
PF:Tim Duncan
SF:LeBron James
SG:Kobe Bryant
PG:Deron Williams

Second Team
C:Yao Ming/Shaq(You could put Shaq because Ming won't be part in the next season
PF:Dirk Nowitzki
SF:Paul Pierce
SG:Dwayne Wade
PG:Chris Paul
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:56 pm

A case could be made that Dirk Nowitzki is now better than KG, but the fact is that KG is more of an all-around player than what Dirk is not that Dirk isn't versatile himself. However, KG could guard up Dirk if ever he had the chance as well as guard players of the other 4 positions. Dirk can't do this. It is a toss up really, but I see what you are saying a case could be made that Dirk is the better than KG.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:58 pm

I still would rather have Billups over Deron Williams. Even though Deron will without a doubt be the best PG in the NBA the next couple of years. Although, Chris Paul is an All-star talent in his own right I would never put him ahead of either Billups or Williams. I would also take Tony Parker and maybe still Steve Nash over CP3 if Nash and the Suns go back to the run n gun system. I see CP3 as a tad bit overrated.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:01 pm

If Paul plays so much better in the playoffs then he would get the call from me for beeing best PG but untill then Deron rocks Wink
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:05 pm

I pretty much agree with you Tony except that the centre position is up for debate for me.
I dunno if Yao should be considered the "best" centre in the NBA. I mean, he is good but to me, there are some better centres in the NBA right now. Why did you select Yao? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:06 pm

True... For me CP3 is too much of a statistically based PG and has been up to this point been taken advantage of by the other great PG's in the NBA in the playoffs. Until he steps up in the playoffs he will not get the #1 PG in the NBA love from me.

That is why I still say CB7 is the best PG in the NBA. He is the most clutch PG in the NBA as well as overall one of the most clucth players in the NBA, he is also by far the best defensive PG in the NBA as well, and is a better offensive player than CP3 not with scoring stats, but for the fact that he is by far a better shooter, and definetly much more saavy of a player than what CP3 or even D.Will is. D.Will is strong, but CB7 seems physically stronger. Not to mention he is the ultimate team changer in that he makes negative team chemistry into a positive.

All that I have against him is his age, but CB7 is too complete of a player to slow down now. I see 1 or maybe 2 more seasons where I can still categorize him as the best PG in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:12 pm

I think Yao has worked more on his game than any other Centers in the NBA. When he 1st came into the NBA he was definitely on the soft side he would be easily pushed around in the low post and did not give it his all to be physical and go up for rebounds. As, of right now not only is he the best offensive C in the entire NBA, but he has made remarkable progress in what was once his biggest of flaws. Granted, Yao could still be labeled as a finesse type C in that his style of play is not typical for most C's, but he now bumps down in the post more often and gets more rebounds thatn what he once did. That in itself is progress also he also is a pretty good defender as well. I just think the C position is between him then DH12 (who like most C's of today have multiple flaws). Yao has his flaws, but he is taking the right measures in correcting them.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:16 pm

In my call the second best center now with Yao gone it's............................................

Al Jeferson! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Ya I could see that although I can't really tell just how good Big Al is because he is on a terrible team that allows him a lot of opportunities to pad his stats. On any other team I am quick to say not knowing how good he can be somewhere else he would be no better than a 3rd or maybe even 4th option on some other team. He has skills do not get me wrong I just think he has been given a favorable opportunity to overproduce. He is not a 1st option type of player and I do not see Minnesota making the playoffs until they get 1.

Also in regards to Billups completely shutting down CP3 in the playoffs. Not only did CB7 do this on the defensive end, but Dahntay Jones also helped as well in guarding CP3. Billups not only shut him down by way of defense, but he proved to be the better offensive player as well as he completely torched CP3 when CB7 was on offense. Did you see how many 3's he hit in that 1 game? That is why Billups > CP3 in both sides of the court as well as being better than CP3 overall wise as well.

I would take CB7 over D.Will for now at leas because injured or not Utahhas faced injuries before and it was still enough to take the division from Denver before Billups. When Billups came in that all changed and Billups outplayed D.Will like he did against CP3 also in their head 2 head matchups and most importantly Denver also beat Utah. Billups > Williams and Williams is better than Paul and D.Will will be the best PG in the NBA for years to come IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?   IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA? Empty

Back to top Go down

IYO who are the best 5 players in their position and the 2 best 6th Men in the NBA?
Page 1 of 1