Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?

Go down 
+8
Straight Edge Bluntness
brownie13
BNB
Chosen One
Darko
Naif
Fox News
EM:)
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

It is not because I am a Knicks fan I am saying this and I am not saying that he is the G.O.A.T C to have ever played the game. Cause I would rank the Top 5, like this.

1. Lou Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. Bill Russell
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Hakeem Olajuwon
5. Shaq
6. Patrick Ewing.

However, outside of Hakeem Olajuwon there isn't any other C who has played the game that can compare to how all-around Patrick Ewing was.

Kareem - Had the range, but it wasn't all that well defined. Didn't look to possess the strength and defensive know-how Ewing had nor did he have Ewing's athleticsm. Ewing before the sore achilles tenden could throw it down on everyone. Even with age getting the better of him he was just so polished he still was great better than Hakeem when Hakeem was in his last years in Houston/Toronto.

Bill Russell - His offensive game was below average

Wilt Chamberlain - His heart and confidence came into question a lot, especially by Russell. Ewing was a Warrior, you'd know that he gave it his all. Plus, Wilt could not shoot free throws

Shaquille O'Neal - Has no shot, very dominant and has deceptive foot speed and an array of post moves. Just no shot.

Hakeem Olajuwon to me is the most versatile C in NBA history. His Dream Shake was just an amazing feat for a man his size to pull off countless times. He could defend, block, hit jumpers (However, not as good as Ewing's outside game). I think Ewing is the greatest jump shooting C who has ever lived.

Ewing also was a great defender, he could block, and his athleticism may have been better than Olajuwon's. Hakeem was by far the better dribbler though and could utilize finesse moves/physical ones in his offensive arsenal better than Ewing.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:23 pm

What about Nate Thurmond?He was great all around center
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Dude....just because he is a good passer doesn't push him over other centers...
People don't both about passing for centers....he might be good at it....but that doesn't make up his weak era and no offensive game..

He lacked at the offensive skills...and thats his downfall...

And don't bring up the 11 rings...who was his competition...huh?
Give me a break bro
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm

CBI wrote:
Yeah and Hakeem played defense and won too

Maybe if he had a team other than Kenny Smith in Houston he would have six rings like Jordan.

Ok,we done.I'm not going to argue with you.I'm done,my argument is great and so it's yours.
Back to top Go down
JC45
College Baller
College Baller
JC45

Male Posts : 354

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm

I belive there was once a man named Wilt Chamberlain. He averaged 30.1 ppg, 22 rpg, and 4.4 apg. 30 and 4 are high for a center and I don't care if Wilt played against short guys 22 rpg is still a lot.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

oh..wow..Nate Thurmond is such a intimidating force...
15 ppg!!!

OMG!! So much better than MJ!!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Darko wrote:
CBI wrote:

Maybe if he had a team other than Kenny Smith in Houston he would have six rings like Jordan.

Ok,we done.I'm not going to argue with you.I'm done,my argument is great and so it's yours.
Very Happy

Cool I win.
ALL THANKS TO YS

(truce btw YS haha.. I"m getting sick of making pics on paint Razz )
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:26 pm

YS wrote:
Dude....just because he is a good passer doesn't push him over other centers...
People don't both about passing for centers....he might be good at it....but that doesn't make up his weak era and no offensive game..

He lacked at the offensive skills...and thats his downfall...

And don't bring up the 11 rings...who was his competition...huh?
Give me a break bro

For 100 time,Russell came in as a defensive center.Defense and winning,that were the things he did best.He was great big man passer,mastered the fundamentalls,never played for stats,always played to win,never relied on stregth.......that's Bill Russell.If the league counted the blocks and had DPOYs he would be even better
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm

CBI wrote:
Darko wrote:
CBI wrote:

Very Happy

Cool I win.
ALL THANKS TO YS

False,WE both win.If this thing didn't stop,it could last untill mourning fighting for nothung
Back to top Go down
JC45
College Baller
College Baller
JC45

Male Posts : 354

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:28 pm

I get to meet him and Rick Barry in October
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:29 pm

JC45 wrote:
I get to meet him and Rick Barry in October

You are so lucky
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Willis Reed listed at 6"9 constantly showed that although the 7"1 Wilt Chamberlain looked and played like it wasn't at all unstoppable. There is a reason that, despite his size which towered over most C's of the day that Wilt only won 2 rings. His desire was questioned many a times by Bill Russell. I say the greatest C of all-time is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Darko wrote:
CBI wrote:
Darko wrote:
CBI wrote:

Very Happy

Cool I win.
ALL THANKS TO YS

False,WE both win.If this thing didn't stop,it could last untill mourning fighting for nothung
Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 579559
Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 860942
Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 277647
Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 304685
Twisted Evil
woo!
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Kareem is good pick,i know the facts but i'm toward more to that defense gives you championships and etc

Willis Reed is overlooked center,don't forget Wes Unseld,Mosses Malone,Gilmore and Thurmond
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:34 pm

YS wrote:
oh..wow..Nate Thurmond is such a intimidating force...
15 ppg!!!

OMG!! So much better than MJ!!

15 PPG,15 RPG,2 BPG altroug hhe didn't play where blocks counted in his all career.He was briliant big man passer and hard worker on the court with a little mid range jumper,good jumping ability,the ability to finish inside Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?   Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can it be definetly said, that Patrick Ewing is the best all-time sound C of all-time?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4