Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....

Go down 
+7
No Longer DEAD
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
Justin
YK (Alive)
BNB
YS
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think this would be a good deal?
Yes
WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... Vote_lcap60%WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... Vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
No
WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... Vote_lcap20%WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Deal won't even happen
WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... Vote_lcap20%WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... Empty
PostSubject: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:13 pm

Wow.

AI
Iguodala
Young
Brand
Dalembert

Thats a sick line-up
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:15 pm

I think Felton would have been a better pick up for them though

he's younger and more of a team player
Back to top Go down
YK (Alive)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
YK (Alive)

Male Posts : 5676

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:16 pm

good for him! He was in his prime back then and I bet he'll remember the old days
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/YK13
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:18 pm

Wow good for Iverson
should be able to make a great comeback on his old team
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 pm

He'll probably be ballin' all over your celtics though...Justin....
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:21 pm

That is a decent line up.
I think the 76ers would achieve moderate success if they were to pick up Iverson. The only thing is that AI is not much of a team player and some players on the 76ers need to improve on their basketball IQ (it was especially evident during the playoffs this past season).
Interesting news though.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:33 pm

AI back to the Sixers is the best situation I can think of for him. If he signs, they become a contender for the 4th spot in the East and a prime candidate to upset somebody in the first or second round.
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:33 pm

YS wrote:
He'll probably be ballin' all over your celtics though...Justin....
no way man
Celtics are a lock in east 4 sure
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:37 pm

That would be great for Philly if AI returned, he was definitely a fan favorite. Unfortunately though this isn't the same AI we've seen for a while now nor is it the same team Philly had 5 years ago. So who knows where this would be headed if AI returned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 pm

I love AI he is my favorite player in the NBA now along with Tim Duncan and tied with TD as my 2nd favorite player of all-time both trailing only Patrick Ewing. Although, I would love to see him back where he belongs in Philly. They will not have a better team than what the Bobcats would have if AI reunited with Larry Brown. Brown is a much better coach than Sam Mitchell and the team has better players than Philly. It is styled the same way Philly was in the height of his career in that they are a young defensive oriented team. He can be the AI he has always been in this system better than he would be if he rejoined Philadelphia.

This is the same AI if you studied his game he hasn't lost his speed it is just that he does not work well under a half-court system and Detroit was a project gone wrong. In Denver he became a better all-around player than his Philly days averaged more assists and had career FG% totals even was a scoring beast averaging in the high 20's and still going off for 50 while for the first time in his career not leading his team in shot attempts. It is inconceivable for him to drastically fall off like that in 1 season. It was the system not that he slowed down. Look at when he first started the season in Denver this year he was shooting 45% from the field, which of course leveled off considerably in Detroit, but like I said before it is the system and the fact that Curry was an inexperienced coach and the whole team in general did not perform well under this change.

Charlotte has better players than Philadelphia. Plus, Raja Bell and AI are familiar with one another being that they were both on that 2001 Philly Finals team.

PG. RAYMOND FELTON - DJ Augustin (1 of the best/youngest backcourt duos in the NBA. DJ has been linked as an AI type player. AI would be a godsend for DJ in this the early stages of his career. Philadelphia by trading Dre' have no true/proven PG's.)

SG. ----ALLEN IVERSON - DJ Augustin, Gerald Henderson
SF. RAJA BELL - Great defender and perimeter shooter

PF. GERALD WALLACE - So, much better than Iguodala. I think Iggy is a good player. Just not a 1st or 2nd option. His o game is flawed. G.Force is the real deal.

C. TYSON CHANDLER - Can contribute

Charlotte's bench is by far better than Philadelphia's

6th. Boris Diaw - Can do anything on the court really, oh so versatile
7th. DJ Augustin
8th. Vladimir Radmanovic - Is an underrated defender and a good perimeter shooting big
9th. Gerald Henderson - Pretty good
10th. DeSagana Diop - Good defensive presence
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:36 pm

That would be a great place for Iverson to end his career, the same place he started it with and flourished in. It will also help the 76ers, as Iverson is still a great player and can be that veteran player with playoff experience that the 76ers lacked this offseason
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 pm

BA goes to tony

hahahahah
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:40 pm

agreed. lots of detail.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Nope. YS is my second account. BA goes to me Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 pm

haha.....yup....Tony EM sure does his research....lol
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:51 pm

great way to finish off his career. I just wished A.I would win a ring before he retires.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:55 pm

I think getting a ring is history for AI. He's the scapegoat for Detroit's failures last season, so no teams think he can contribute. All the good teams don't want him, and only the average/bad ones do. But it's ok. He's still the best little man in NBA history. A lot of great players don't have rings, like Dirk, Nash, Carter, Reggie Miller, and Charles Barkley
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:59 pm

Of all the guys you mentioned Raza, I think Iverson is the best. If he finishes his career averaging 20 and 7 for 3-4 more years, then he will probably my choice for best player without a ring.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:01 am

West Coast Bias FC wrote:
Of all the guys you mentioned Raza, I think Iverson is the best. If he finishes his career averaging 20 and 7 for 3-4 more years, then he will probably my choice for best player without a ring.

Well said Smile
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 am

West Coast Bias FC wrote:

I see where you are coming from. And it is very arguable.

But you cant overlook K. Malone.

In his career he averaged 25 PPG, 10 RPG, 1.5 SPG. while making it to 2 NBA finals.

Like I said though, it is very arguable, and either side would have a good case
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:05 am

Karl Malone is a great option too. It's hard to call
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 am

If Iverson DOES win a ring than he would, further solidify being the greatest little man in NBA history. IMO
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 am

He doesn't need to solidify it, because he already has it
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:09 am

Isaid FURTHER solidify. meaning he had it, but a ring would make FURTHER confirm it haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....   WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly.... Empty

Back to top Go down

WOW!!!!....Allen Iverson possibly back to Philly....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next