Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Allen Iverson Set To Retire

Go down 
+10
Chris
Nick C
BNB
Straight Edge Bluntness
brownie13
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
KD35
cbi
YS
Chosen One
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

Allen Iverson Set To Retire Empty
PostSubject: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:09 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Allen-Iverson-retires?urn=nba,204978

I also think it was confirmed by his personal manager and his family members but AI hasnt said anything about it.

Why did it have to end this way for one of the best ballers in the history of the league Allen Iverson Set To Retire 71249
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 pm

wow...thats a pretty weak way to go out....
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Its his own fault.
I have no sympathy.

Just want to congratulate a great career, and pretty much a guarenteed first ballot HOFer.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:16 pm

no no no no no this cant be happening fuck the grizzliesnoooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Man, this sucks. I've always loved AI, going to be sad to see him go, especially this way. If he leaves now, his legacy won't be all that it could have been. Sad
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:33 pm

:SMH:

He's letting his pride get in the way.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:38 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad
Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad
Shocked pale Sad Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked pale
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Agreed with CBI/Jade.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm

wow... and he still has a lot left

well enough to help a team win...

idk why he won't accept 30 min. off the bench...
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:26 pm

He's going the PJ Brown route.

I'm sure as the playoffs approach a team would be willing to add him if he can get over his "I'm not a bench player. Check my credentials" routine.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Im F@cking SAD Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Im sad about this.

Allen Iverson was incredible to watch and one of my favorite to play.

He's always been really tough played with alot of heat and through alot of injuries.

I would've liked to see him go out better than what he did. To win a scoring title in the NBA and be only 6 feet tall is incredible.

He's the best player in the league ever under 6 foot 2

It was special watching him In Philadelphia

I wish he could've gone out better but he was a really fantastic player and great to watch
Back to top Go down
lozan :)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
lozan :)

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Wow........well
He was a great player, but I honestly dont think he should be retiring just becuase he didn't get to start.....

He could still do soo much...
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Kinda sad he wants to hang it up now. To be honest I don't think he's done, he wants to start and/or be a star of the team.... Maybe the Nets can pick him up. He can't possibly hurt!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
JC45
College Baller
College Baller
JC45

Male Posts : 354

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:50 pm

It was confirmed by Marc Spear's twitter, I am believing it when I see it on Sportscenter.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Thats predictable.

If Iverson can't start and heave shot after shot on his own terms he'd rather retire.

The sad thing is that the man can still play. But his inability to adjust at this stage of a career shows that he'll never learn. There was a respect I had for Iverson that would make me ignore glaring holes in his game. For as many positives, there were sooo many negatives.... but I'd turn a blind eye because of the effort he put into being to be "THE MAN"... and at times he was a blur of unstoppable. The most dominate "little man" and at times the most dominate player period. He was the little man knocking down giants. Putting his team on his shoulders and carrying them to victory.

Then it reverted. Coach after coach. Solid players and sometimes All-Stars that couldn't win with him. He never helped others grow as rookies. Or raised the quality of other players games. He became predictable. Useless well before his time. Iverson proved critics wrong at first, then he proved them right. Absolutely right. Not only that, but gave critics/media/fans/teammates/organizations solid statistics, sound bites and behavior to back up everything that was wrong about Iverson. In the 25+ years of being a basketball fan, I've gotten the chance to watch so many players mature.

Now...

I feel like I got duped out of seeing him grow.

I don't think this is the last time we'll see Iverson in a NBA uniform.

I wish him the best.

I wish him maturity, heatlh and grace.

I hope that If and when he does come back... he can again prove his critics wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson Set To Retire   Allen Iverson Set To Retire Empty

Back to top Go down

Allen Iverson Set To Retire
Page 1 of 1