Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?

Go down 
+4
Darko
Straight Edge Bluntness
Fox News
Raza
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? Empty
PostSubject: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 1:46 pm

The 76ers are not a good team right now, but Allen has SLIGHTLY helped them improve...

Without him, they were 7-13 (0.35 winning percentage) and with him, they are 6-10 (0.375 winning percentage)

He's not back to his old 30 PPG self, but for a 34 year old scorer, he is doing pretty good. 15 PPG, 5 APG, and 3 RPG on 46% shooting (he is shooting better than in his prime when he had to score every posession. Now, he gets limited shots, and he's taking good ones for the most part)

He's also shooting 40% beyond the arc (compared to his career average 31) and 84% from the free throw line (compared to his career average 78)

So when AI retires, we all will remember Detroit and Memphis, but can his successful (so far) return to Philly overshadow that?

BQ - What will you see Allen Iverson as when his career is over?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 1:58 pm

I will remember his great years in philly..not his stints with mem,det.

BQ: he will fall out of the public eye, He won't be a commentator or be involved with the nba because his image doesn't sell to the NBA's main income, white coorperate america. AI will retire and never be seen again.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Except on the golf course where he will destroy Charles Barkley every time cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 2:04 pm

i will remember his great preformances in Phily and Nuggets.

BQ-IDK
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:20 pm

Tha Ass Ratcher! wrote:
I will remember his great years in philly..not his stints with mem,det.

BQ: he will fall out of the public eye, He won't be a commentator or be involved with the nba because his image doesn't sell to the NBA's main income, white coorperate america. AI will retire and never be seen again.

I agree with Visa's answer with regards to the BQ.
But perhaps we might see him a few years later in the all star game when they do that legend, WBA star, NBA star shooting contest representing Philly of course.

Anyway, when he retires..basketball fans may most likely remember his first stint with Philly. His critics will also still remember his brief stints with Detroit/Denver/Memphis.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Allen Iverson is a Hall Of Famer and NBA legend.Hats down.Sure he had bad period in Memphis and Detroit but i won't remember him for that.AI had good years in the Nuggets too but his best years that gave him a place in the Hall Of Fame will always be in the 76Sixers

BQ:I see one of the greatest scorers ever although he was undersized and one of the greatest little men ever.Top 5 or Top 10 in the all time Shooting Guard list
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:32 pm

A.I has been pretty damn consistent with the Sixers..

And has finally started deferring to other players...
He's also become more of a facilitator rather than a straight-up scorer...
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:56 pm

He needed to change for sure because if he didn't i don't think we would have played in any other NBA team
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 pm

i want him to join forces with like Mcgrady or Carter or someone and win a title, with the sixers team this year i doubt them making it pass 1st round of playoffs...
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:38 pm

I doubt there makin the playoffs....
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:30 am

I guess he will, but AI is proving to be a nice fit into Eddie's system given his efficiency. They just need another piece or two to be better though...
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:37 am

If I were AI, the last thing I could do is mess with the sixers. Whether they give him good minutes or not, he should just play and go home. Serioulsly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?   When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light? Empty

Back to top Go down

When Allen Iverson retires now, will it be in a good light?
Page 1 of 1