Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?

Go down 
+4
Tar Heel
brownie13
YS
KD35
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? Empty
PostSubject: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:55 pm

Allen Iverson has had one of the most controversial careers ever. He burst into the scene, as the 76ers took him with the 1st pick. He dazzled us with his flashy crossovers. He would score at will. Did I mention, he was under 6'2. He has tremendous heart for the game. Few to none can score like the Answer, especially with such a frame. He would carry a 76ers team into the Finals. He would even take the first game of the series with an amazing performance. AI went on to win the MVP. He was a 4x scoring champion. Oh, I forgot to mention his love for practice. Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? Icon_razz

And then began the downfall of Allen Iverson.

After being traded to Denver he would put up fantastic numbers but was no longer the number one option with Carmelo their. The Nuggets traded him to the Pistons for Chauncey Billups. After being promised a starting spot on the team, 1st year coach Michael(?) Curry benched him. Iverson was livid about this, and didn't play for the rest of the season.

After being signed by the Grizzlies some people thought they would see AI come back to life. He got injured early, and after he returned he was benched. The Grizzlies decided to start Mike Conley over him. Iverson played only 3 games with the Grizzlies before he took a leave of absence for family matters. Later on the Grizzlies and AI decided to part ways, and the Answer was waivered. Something I have discovered is that Conley was averaging about 3-5 more minutes with Iverson playing, and after AI left Conley got considerably less minutes. Coincidence?

Now, the Answer has announced his retirement at the age of 34. He still has a lot left in the tank, and can still score as usual.
He might come back, he might not. No team seems interested in AI at the moment as the Knicks decided against signing him earlier.
The man has one of the most split group of fans/haters I've ever seen.

So..

Will you remember AI for his off court antics and attitude or for his spectacular play on the hardwood?

On a side not, do you think Allen Iverson will/should make the Hall of Fame?

Yeah. I was bored. Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:57 pm

I will remember AI for his ridiculously dazzling plays. his ability to dominate an entire game, his ability to change every single game, and his ability to just break down his petty defenders...

AI will always be one of my favorite players....

And yes...he will EASILY make the HOF
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 pm

I will remember him for manhandling Tyronn Lue in the Finals, and then moving on to Kobe when the Lakers realized Lue was overmatched.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:38 pm

His crossover. And how much he must PRACTICE it.

EDIT: Oh, and even though I don't like him much, he absolutely should be in the Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:33 pm

Crossovers Crossovers and Crossovers.

And also his 'not-so-team-oriented' game.
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

Male Posts : 1852

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:45 pm

When he pretty much shitted on Tyron Lue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/straightofdahood
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:57 pm

His style of breaking down defenses which is eral rare for a guy his size and of course his attitude which was his greatest stregth and weakness.

Iverson is a lock for HOF
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Everything

Iverson is a HOF player and Top 3 SG of All Time in pure skills
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?   Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him? Empty

Back to top Go down

Allen Iverson- What will will you remember about him?
Page 1 of 1