Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Football (Soccer) Thread

Go down 
+11
Andy's swingman ;)
Janet
Raza
cbi
KD35
YS
brownie13
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Darko
Chris
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys, if you like any Football team,player,jersey or anything post it here.
Also we can have the convos about Football here.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:34 pm

I would add Schemiel or however you spell to this list

This looks like a good list if you ask me

1.Lav Yashin
2.Dino Joff
3.Oliver Kahn
4.Thomas Ravelli
5.Gigi Buffon

But i still feel the list isn't good
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 pm

#1 Blazers Fan wrote:
I would add Schemeichel or however you spell to this list

This looks like a good list if you ask me

1.Lav Yashin
2.Dino Joff
3.Oliver Kahn
4.Thomas Ravelli
5.Gigi Buffon

But i still feel the list isn't good
Fixed 👅

my list
1. Lev Yashin
2. Dino Joff
3. Gordon Banks
4. Oliver Khan
5. Schemeichel
6. Gigi Buffon
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Who was Gordon Banks?Never heard of him before
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:45 pm

possibly GOAT save .

Edit : this is Gordon Banks.

I learned about him from youtube
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:53 pm

To tell you this would be my ideal list

Lev Yashin
Dino Joff
Peter Schmeichel
José Luis Chilavert
Sepp Maier

That 4th keeper was the the most unique.He score penalties and from free kicks...!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:18 am

1.Lev Yahsin
2. José Luis Félix Chilavert González
3.Dino Joff
4.Oliver Kahn
5.Gordon Banks
6.Sepp Maier
7.Buffon
8. Peter Schmeichel
9.Van Der Saar
10. Andoni Zubizarreta
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:14 pm

The most craziest GK ever has to be Jose' Lius Felix....guy shot penalties and FKs but he isn't better then Zoff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:16 pm

I know that.But I saw that list from a web and I just paste that.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Zoff has the best positioning ever,great reflekleses,was a great shot stopper and the greatest one on one stopper.

Yashin was the greatest GK because he knew to defend everything,best reflekeses and best penalty stopper plus he was great one on stopper and made great saves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Agreed with you.

1.Lev Ivanovich Yashin is thought to be the greatest goalkeeper ever seen in the long history of football. Black Spider nicknamed this Russian goalkeeper has set some unique moments in his career saving some unimaginable goals both for his country and his clubs. He played in three world cups for his country and he could finish 4 out of his 13 world cup matches with clean sheet meaning without conceding any goal. He also helped his national team to won the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Gold Medal. In his entire career he just played in one club Dynamo Moscow and he appeared in 326 club matches in his career. He is the only goalkeeper ever to win European Football of the Year.

2.Dino Zoff is one of those goalkeepers who could hold an impact on the team. This greatest Italian goalkeeper is the oldest world cup winner while he captained Italy to win the world cup in 1982 when he was 40. He is the only second ever goalkeeper come captain to win the world cup. Zoff could set up some examples of some outstanding saves in both for his club and country. He could easily read out the game and took his better position which made him a dominant figure over the strikers and wingers of his time. In his club career he played for several clubs but he is much famous for his golden days with Juventus FC where he won six Serie A league titles and one UEFA championship. He plaed 112 matches for Italy i9nclfuding two world cups.

3.Gordon Banks

This English goalkeeper is one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time. He was the member of the 1966 English World Cup squad and he just conceded two goals in the tournament and became one of the members of English’s first and till last world cup winning team. This magnificent goalkeeper had a clear sense in positioning and he saved some reflex shots which are known to be very hard for a goalkeeper. Most of his club career he spent Leicester City with his 293 appearance for the club. Regarding his one of the best saves deemed to be “The Save of the Century”

4.Sepp Maier

Maier is another rare fighter under the goal bar. This great player of Grmandy (then West Germany) was very active in the field and his flexible movement made him an instant titan for the opposition strikers and wingers. In 1974 he helped Germany to win the world cup in their soil. In the tournament he could finish four matches with clean sheet out of seven matches. He played for Bayern Munich for his entire career where he played consecutive 422 matches which is still a record for German football league. He won four West German leagues and three UEFA champions leagues with Bayern Munich. Later after his retirement form football he has been a goalkeeping coach for Germany national team.

5.Jan Tomaszewski

This famous Polish goalkeeper is considered one of the influential goalkeepers of all time. He is famous for his performance in the 1974 world cup where Poland got their ever best performance in the world cup history being the bronze medalist. In that world cup Poland came in to the focus as a giant killer making out some leading countries like Argentina, Italy and Brazil to make their way to the semi-final. Jan had an inevitable contribution to such a success of his country. He played two world cups and he could manage to finish 5 out of his 11 world cup matches with clean sheet. He helped his country to win the silver medal in the 1976 Montreal Olympics. He is the most capped goalkeeper for his country with his 59 appearances for Poland.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Yashin was special,not only that he saved Russia and Dinamo Moscow and beeing a great stopper but he won even a European Football award impressive

Zoff made the best impact.Beast
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:47 pm

I agree with your list 100%...i really love it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Very Happy Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:52 am

Your welcome hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:15 am

Here are my top 5 list of GK now.

1.Petr Cech
2.Iker Casillas
3.Buffon
4.Valdez
5.Van Der Saar
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:17 am

This is my Top 5 list

1.Petr Cech-The best goalkeeper in the world because he's got great skills and all around style to defend everything.He almost had a career injury if he didn't had it this wouldn't be a fight.But Cech has bounce back and has returned to beeing the best.Cech has great reflekeses,position,stregth,great in defending the penalties etc.He had impressive games at the Fifa World Cup under 21,has one of the best clean sheets in the football and has great skills and his all around style gives him the best.He's in his prime now

2.Gigi Buffon-The most skilled GK in the world now...and has the best position when defending shots.He's still one of the best GKs in the world but when his career will be over he'll be a Top 5 GK ever

3.Iker Casilljas

4.Victor Valdez

5.Palop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:08 pm

I like your list.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks.Buffon is much better GK then Casilljas
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Iker Casillas won Fifa's best goalkeeper award last year

FAIL at not including him....
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:46 pm

The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 588709
Milan won again, 4-0..hat trick from Roni!!!this is my man Roni!!
now 6points diff with 1 less game.

Barcha won too, Messi is a beast.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:59 pm

my fav soccer team won

5-1 Smile

GO AMERICA LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:08 pm

Now that Christiano Ronaldo is out, should I start rooting for Man UTD? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Janet wrote:
my fav soccer team won

5-1 Smile

GO AMERICA LOL

lol @ America
Do you really follow?

And boo @ ManU, Kibby
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:21 pm

CLUB AMERICA .... A team in Mexico . Smile nOT the USA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:22 pm

YS (TD > KG) wrote:

And boo @ ManU, Kibby
What u hate them? Let me guess... Arsenal fan?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Football (Soccer) Thread
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next