Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it

Go down 
+3
lozan :)
Chris
King Of NJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it Empty
PostSubject: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:38 pm

The World Cup brings excitement and is fun to watch every for years but there is one problem I have

and thats I don't know if it truly determines who the best team is after waiting for years. It seems like half of the games are tied and I dont know if you could truly determine who the better team is with a ton of ties

Also a bigger beef I have is with penalty kicks. I don't think it truly does determine who the best team is when the game of championships are determined based on penalty kicks

feel free to disagree but thats one thing I dont like about it
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:47 pm

What change would u do?

Penaltys is the best way, they cant play even more minutes..120 is more than enough.

Ties are part of the game..If you are better and you cant score a goal more then you are clearly NOT the better team.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:09 pm

They only accept ties during the first round when the teams are still in groups. Each team has to win a specific amount of games to advance out of that group so even a tie is acceptable.

But after that first round, if its still tied after the reg time, then they add 30 extra mins, and then its penalty kicks.

Chris is right, they cant play longer, they get tired, injured, etc
Running up and down that field takes alot out of them
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:45 am

I asked this once in the soccer section in Y!A and ppl called me an idiot but I will say it again...

SOCCER NEEDS TO GET RID OF GOALKEEPERS. More goals, not that many ties, and I am tired of Goal Keepers not getting enough credit.

Penality kicks should be from mid-field with open goals (kinda narrower goals) and with no goal keeper.

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

Male Posts : 925

PostSubject: Re: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am

Lol you can't play football (soccer) without goalkeepers...
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:37 am

I agree wit kibby. make it more highscoring.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Kibby wrote:
I asked this once in the soccer section in Y!A and ppl called me an idiot but I will say it again...

SOCCER NEEDS TO GET RID OF GOALKEEPERS. More goals, not that many ties, and I am tired of Goal Keepers not getting enough credit.

Penality kicks should be from mid-field with open goals (kinda narrower goals) and with no goal keeper.

Yeah.

It would be interesting but then you would basically have a version of basketball. One of the most important things in soccer is the goal keeper, and I disagree I think they do get alot of credit. Having a goalie is what makes it exciting..
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Wasted Offseason wrote:
Also a bigger beef I have is with penalty kicks. I don't think it truly does determine who the best team is when the game of championships are determined based on penalty kicks

feel free to disagree but thats one thing I dont like about it

I agree with that part. That's what exactly happened at the Ghana vs Uruguay game. Urguay is pretty good at penalty kicks and Ghana is not. I wish they can try to find a better way or a different way than the penalty kick out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it   No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it Empty

Back to top Go down

No diss to soccer or the World Cup but I got one beef with it
Page 1 of 1