Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Football (Soccer) Thread

Go down 
+11
Andy's swingman ;)
Janet
Raza
cbi
KD35
YS
brownie13
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Darko
Chris
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys, if you like any Football team,player,jersey or anything post it here.
Also we can have the convos about Football here.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

Male Posts : 925

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Holy crap this is the first time i have noticed there is a football thread on this forum. Does anyone watch the EPL? My team is Liverpool.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Liverpool sucks man, even one of the worst players to ever play football plays there..
Kyriakos the defender from Greece, lol.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:37 am

We know that Greece sucks at football Chris Rolling Eyes

Lol,j/k

Liverpool is really great team but they aren't consistant enoguh this season
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Chr1s wrote:
Liverpool sucks man, even one of the worst players to ever play football plays there..

He isn't one of the worst to ever play football, he is a good replacement central defender.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Nenad loves Paris Hilton wrote:
Chr1s wrote:

He isn't one of the worst to ever play football, he is a good replacement central defender.

I live in Greece so i know a lot more than you about Kyriakos.
Ive seen him 2season or so performing here in greece.

He is a very bad player for Liverpool, the worst ever was exagg.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:29 pm

omg i love this sport!

did anyone see that goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal by maradona yesterday?
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 am

Dammit Darko hahaha.

The proper term for the sport is futbol not football, but futbol. Say it like that. And really Pele over Maradona? I don't see it that way at all. Maradona makes for a terrible person outside of soccer with all the trouble that guy has gotten into and the fact that he's rude. Pele is a good ambassador for the game and loved by FIFA for it. Pele is an excellent person. That's why FIFA has always taken his side in the best ranking of players of all-time over Maradona, a guy they hate.

Pele has scored more goals than Maradona true. But, Maradona was a much more complete player. He was just overall more gifted than Pele the control he had of the ball is unmatched by any other, he could make sick passes, and he could score goals with the best of them and upstage them, and not to mention he was a smart player. I think Maradona edges Pele out just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:35 am

Chr1s wrote:
Nenad loves Paris Hilton wrote:
Chr1s wrote:

I live in Greece so i know a lot more than you about Kyriakos.
Ive seen him 2season or so performing here in greece.

He is a very bad player for Liverpool, the worst ever was exagg.

I agree with you that you know a lot more about him, because i don't know anything about him. But he isn't a terrible player, that is an exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Miroslav Klose v.s. Andriy Shevchenko?
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Klose had/has a more stable career and Shevchenko had/has a lot up's and down's in his career, but those "up's" were just 2 good, so Shevchenko.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Tony dont mess w roosters wrote:
Dammit Darko hahaha.

The proper term for the sport is futbol not football, but futbol.

I say it 'football' not futbal

Two,Pele is more complete,more skilled,more dominating,better scorer and better leader then Maradona on the court
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Btw,Klose vs Sheva thing

Sheva is just the better player,he's more skilled,more complete and much better scorer.He led AC Milan beatifully
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:26 pm

No Pele isn't and Maradona and Pele comparisons can be all well and good and cases could be made, but realistically they are both from different eras and have never went at it against one another ever in their careers, so everything is suspect and it's unfair to say who is better than who. One thing is for sure though Maradona is just a bit as great of a leader than Pele ever was maybe even more. Maradona won Argentina 2 of their World Cups and is considered by many, including Brazilians themselves to be the greatest futbol player who's ever lived. He had control of the ball that other players dream of having and he was much more skilled than Pele in that aspect. Not to mention he was a better strategist and a smarter player than Pele. And he was much more of an accurate passer. Mardona as a person is a piece of shit and Pele is an ambassador for the game. That's all I can say. As the futbol player I'd take Maradona. There's a reason Napoli has won shit without Maradona and has done shit ever since Maradona left them.

Esteban Cambiasso or Jared Borgetti
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:25 pm

There's a footbal chainlink Tony where you ask this questions e.g the last one

And btw,Pele had skills.He was so skilled that it alowd him to play many positions on the court would that be any spot as a Forward or beeing the playmaker/scorer for his team.Yes,Brazil always had good team but Pele led his team best.Although it doesn't seem like that it trully is because all the peaces were there and he knew to lead them which is why i consider him as the better leader and more skilled player.The problem is Maradona played on his own and led the Argentina to 2 WC's.....

Pele made the game what is today
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Lost by Man U 2-3..pff

Really this Pirlo and some other guys doesnt even try, and the D was just terrible.
Roni is the only player who keeps Milan alive.
I miss the old days.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Pirlo didn't try? pale

Not good

We will win in Manchester Chris.Trust me.AC Milan have heart and desire to win.And our defense will be better and Pirlo will do much better.And Milan will win

That's it
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Lmao.They'll win in ManU.Kibby is happy 100%
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Yeah,i agree with that

Do you guys agree with me when i say Ac Milan in tough competion is the best team in football's history because of achievments,players that played and best possible line up of all time?
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Milan won't win at the return leg at Old Trafford. If Manchester United can win at the San Siro, then i can't see Milan winning at OT. Seeing David Beckham playing against the team that made him who he is today was fantastic. Rooney is arguably the best player in the world at the moment and is in extremely sublime form this season.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:09 pm

LeBron=2009/2010 MVP wrote:
Milan won't win at the return leg at Old Trafford. If Manchester United can win at the San Siro, then i can't see Milan winning at OT. Seeing David Beckham playing against the team that made him who he is today was fantastic. Rooney is arguably the best player in the world at the moment and is in extremely sublime form this season.

First of all Milan has good chances to win although they aren't favorites to win

2nd Rooney isn't near beeing the best player in the world because that honor is to Messi.
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Simon Ammann wrote:
LeBron=2009/2010 MVP wrote:

First of all Milan has good chances to win although they aren't favorites to win

2nd Rooney isn't near beeing the best player in the world because that honor is to Messi.

Going by this season's form, Rooney has been the best player.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:37 pm

We have some chances of winning but it will be tough.
If we play with heart and passion we can win those meats of Man U.
We just need 2 goals Very Happy

And Max..Rooney is not the best player of the world, hell.
He is just in good form, thats all.
He will be back in his usual after some games.
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Yeah,Rooney isn't the best fotballer in the world.But he is in top 5 for sure.Barca is playing next week and I hope that they'll win.
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:43 am

You guys don't seem to understand what i have been saying. I said i think he is the best player in the world going on this season's form. I am not saying that he is the best in the world ever, i am saying by only this season's form he has been the MVP.
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:43 am

I think that Messi is better this season than him.Rooney's form this season is for world's number 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Football (Soccer) Thread   The Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Football (Soccer) Thread
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next