Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Roy Halladay sweepstake

Go down 
+3
cbi
3-peat
Janet
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Where do you guys think Roy Halladay will end up? Halladay has made it clear that he will reject any trade offers once the the season starts. Do you think he will be gone before the season begins?

There are some teams in the running for Halladay but the Angels and the Phillies are the front-runners for Halladay. I think the Yankees have some interest in him too. The Angels already made an offer to the Jays for Halladay. The Angels would ship Saundes, Aybar, and Bourjos for Halladay. I haven't heard anything about it since.

The Phillies have been aggressively pursing Halladay but the Jays' asking price might be too high. The Phillies probably will include J.A. Happ (who I really like), Brown/Taylor (prospect), and one more prospect for Halladay but the Jays want Kyle Drabek to be included too. The Phillies WON'T let Drabek go. He's the Phillies' future starter.

I think Halladay will stay put in Toronto and wait till the end of the season to become a FA.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:52 pm

I didn't use the '?' mark. I said '3' lol
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Well oh crap lol

what i mean to say why do you think they have the best top 3 Pitchers ?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:58 pm

NBA Historian wrote:
I think the Phillies would have the best top 3 pitchers if they can sign Janet to replace Hamels Very Happy

This should tell you why lol
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:59 pm

NBA Historian wrote:
I think the Phillies would have the best top 3 pitchers if they can sign Janet to replace Hamels Very Happy
yeah but janet is a bad infuence. all she cars about is herself, and asks for WAAAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:00 pm

oMG i finally got it !

ha ha sorry

no i can't pitch for crap my fastball is like what less than 20mph lol no wait that is not a fast ball LMAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:01 pm

JANET wrote:
oMG i finally got it !

ha ha sorry

no i can't pitch for crap my fastball is like what less than 20mph lol no wait that is not a fast ball LMAO

sounds more like tim wakefield's knuckleball.....you should be good to go! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:02 pm

CBI wrote:
NBA Historian wrote:
yeah but janet is a bad infuence. all she cars about is herself, and asks for WAAAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!

haha she can go to the yankees then....its fitting for her since they are her fav team Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:02 pm

HAHAHA @ CBI
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:04 pm

i Will work for the Yankees just not as a Baseball player.

Tim Wakefield when he has that Knuckelball going he can be nasty... proof i seen these Yankees and Red Sox games A LOT!

HEY I would work for the yankees FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

YES FREEE!
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:08 pm

Wow i am going to miss Halladay he was a challange for the Yankees i love to see the Yankees play against the best..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:20 am

I just found out that the Phillies will give up Kyle Drabek, Michael Taylor, and Travis d'Aarnaud to the Jays but the Phillies will get RHP Phillippee Aumont and one more prospect from the Mariners to off-set their losses of prospects. I was sad to see Drabek go but I looked up Aumont online and that guy is sick. He's 6'7" and has some nasty stuff. He's been constantly compared to Randy Johnson. The Phillies will get another top-notch prospect from the Ms too. This should be a good trade for all 3 teams. The Ms get one of the best 1-2 punches in baseball in Hernandez and Lee. The Jays get top-notch prospects from the Phillies. The Philles gets the best pitcher in baseball in Halladay and a bright pitching prospect in Aumont. I don't know who the other player will be but he should be good.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:22 am

WTF.

So the M's get an ace.

Jays get great prospects.

And the Phillies? Oh well, they get BOTH.
How is that fair? lol.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:34 pm

well..atleast we get back a beast a pitching prospect..
And we didn't give up Dominick Brown cheers
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Is he that OFer that runs like 90MPH?
Or was that the guy they traded?
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Dmann i wanted Halladay to stay. Now i gotta do something to his Jersey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:48 pm

CBI wrote:
Is he that OFer that runs like 90MPH?
Or was that the guy they traded?

No...he's more of a 5 tool player...

He has a beast of a throwing arm....
idk much about his fielding range though....

He hits for average...(right now)
And he has pretty good speed...

And people say that he has the potential to develop "great" power...

But no...he doesn't run that fast lol..
he's not a leadoff hitter...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Halladay sweepstake
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: Off-Topic :: Other Sports :: MLB / Baseball-
Jump to: