Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Roy Halladay sweepstake

Go down 
+3
cbi
3-peat
Janet
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Roy Halladay sweepstake Empty
PostSubject: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 am

Where do you guys think Roy Halladay will end up? Halladay has made it clear that he will reject any trade offers once the the season starts. Do you think he will be gone before the season begins?

There are some teams in the running for Halladay but the Angels and the Phillies are the front-runners for Halladay. I think the Yankees have some interest in him too. The Angels already made an offer to the Jays for Halladay. The Angels would ship Saundes, Aybar, and Bourjos for Halladay. I haven't heard anything about it since.

The Phillies have been aggressively pursing Halladay but the Jays' asking price might be too high. The Phillies probably will include J.A. Happ (who I really like), Brown/Taylor (prospect), and one more prospect for Halladay but the Jays want Kyle Drabek to be included too. The Phillies WON'T let Drabek go. He's the Phillies' future starter.

I think Halladay will stay put in Toronto and wait till the end of the season to become a FA.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:09 am

WHOOOOOOO More Baseball talk!!!!! cheers cheers

I think he will Stay with Toronto . Like you said the Angels. Phillies , Yankees and i heard the Red Sox might be interested...... and the Dodgers should be interested .

if he would go some where i think the Angels would be good he would replace Lackey i don't think he will be back for the Angels this season.

The Phillies wow with Lee and Halladay that would just be murder.

Think about with the Yankees Sabathia, Burnett ,Halladay and Pettitte and that would make the desicion easier for the Yankees sort of.... no wait kind of more complicated then we would still have to see what will happen to Hughes, Chamberlain and Wang.

The Red sox lets see they would have Beckett, Lester , Dice K and Halladay and i think they would have Wakefield ? not sure.

Anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:26 am

That's true. Anything can happen but I think the Jays' asking price is way too high. Teams like the Angels, Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox are probably reluctant to give away high-profile prospects for a 33 year old pitcher. I think teams are trying to wait until spring training. The Jays already know that Halladay won't re-sign with the Jays. They want to get something in return instead of letting him walk away. If teams out there won't bite when the spring training comes, the Jays probably will be willing to lower their asking price since they don't want to let Halladay walk away without anything in return.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:33 am

Staying in Toronto
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:35 am

That is true . The Yankees just gave up their top Prospect i don't think they will want to give up more it will be more better to wait til he is a FA that will be the best and less complicated that was the reason last year he did not get deal their GM was asking to much and killed all ideas for teams to get him.

Why would would they give him to AL East with the Yankees or the Red Sox the Blue Jays play each team about 19 times each year .
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:20 pm

He'll come to Cleveland.

Err..wait nvm. Dont really want him. lol..

I'd guess the Yankees...because well...its the yankees.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:38 pm

I wouldn't give up Drabek....as you said...

And I don't think I would give up Brown either.....ppl say he is a stud in the making.....

I say we give up Taylor, Blanton, and Haap with a maybe another prospect thrown in to get Halladay.....
If not good enough for the Jays...then they're kidding themselves....cuz they won't get a better offer....
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:52 pm

ys....why....do......you.....type..........like........this........huh........?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Because...I'm...too...lazy....to...use...the...correct...punctuation....so...I just...do....this
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:02 pm

oh.......ok......i...should....have.....guessed....lol....!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Lozan is amazing =]] wrote:
I wouldn't give up Drabek....as you said...

And I don't think I would give up Brown either.....ppl say he is a stud in the making.....

I say we give up Taylor, Blanton, and Haap with a maybe another prospect thrown in to get Halladay.....
If not good enough for the Jays...then they're kidding themselves....cuz they won't get a better offer....

I agree with you completely. I'd be recultant to give up Brown. From what I've seen, he WILL be a STUD. Mark my words. I'd hate to give up Taylor too but Brown is a better long-term prospect than Taylor.

I don't know if we should gut our starting rotation by giving away Blanton and Happ. If I have to keep one of them, I'd go with Happ due to his potential. He hasn't hit his ceiling yet. I do really like Blanton. He has been solid for the Phillies. I'd hate to see him go but you have to give up one and Blanton is that guy. But I'm sure the Jays will want Happ instead of Blanton which I don't really like.

Like I said earlier, I think teams will be holding out until near the spring training. That's when Toronto may be desperate to get rid of Halladay and get something in return.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Halladay is now a Phillie.
Lee is now a Mariner.
IDK the rest of the trade, but a three team trade went down.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 pm

4 real?

estas LOCO Jake
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Yes.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4742072

Oh..and Lacky is a Red Sox now.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:29 pm

D:

Why give up Lee? They should have kept him and forgotten about 3 team trade. I heard they were gonna give up Happ and Blanton plus a prospect. SMH Phillies FAIL.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:32 pm

i know....
Lee>Halladay..

Pluss...now the Indians have to face Lee a bunch this season D:
But damn..King Felix and Lee on one team..unstoppable..can you imagine if they still had Washburn?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:33 pm

both lefties though. still good. go MAREENURS!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 pm

I miss Lee ):
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:42 pm

try to remember when he was stinky LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm sad to see Lee go but Lee has made it clear that he won't re-sign with the Phillies after 2010. He wants a full market value. Halladay said he is willing to sign an extension with the Phillies for less. The Phillies are basically getting an upgrade in Halladay for 3 to 5 more years. I can't blame the Phillies for making this deal. It's a good deal IMO. But I'm still sad to see Lee go but you gotta do what is the best for the team.

If Lee said he would re-sign with the Phillies then this would have never happened. Ruben Amaro isn't this stupid lol. I'm curious to see who the Phillies will give to the Jays. I hope not too much.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 pm

There giving up Happ, Drabek, Taylor, Blanton, and Utley. Lol. Yeah....idk
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 pm

wait, its not part of the same deal? I thought its Lee for _______ for Halladay...

eve more stupid. what are they getting for Lee?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Nah, its all one deal.

Jays give up Halladay, get (we dotn know)
Phillies give up Lee(plus more), get Halladay(maybe more)
Mariners give up(we dont knwo), get Lee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:53 pm

We will need to wait and see who the Phillies will send for Halladay. There is NO WAY they gonna send Drabek to the Jays. They may send one of two guys - Taylor/Brown along with Happ or Blanton. I don't think the Phillies will give up too much since the Ms will need to give up some of their prospects too
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Im curious to see who else the Mariners gave up. They always tend to give up veterans, and the prospects they DO trade...always end up beasting.

COUGHshinsoochooandasdrubalcabreraCOUGH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Halladay sweepstake
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: Off-Topic :: Other Sports :: MLB / Baseball-
Jump to: