Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Roy Halladay sweepstake

Go down 
+3
cbi
3-peat
Janet
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Where do you guys think Roy Halladay will end up? Halladay has made it clear that he will reject any trade offers once the the season starts. Do you think he will be gone before the season begins?

There are some teams in the running for Halladay but the Angels and the Phillies are the front-runners for Halladay. I think the Yankees have some interest in him too. The Angels already made an offer to the Jays for Halladay. The Angels would ship Saundes, Aybar, and Bourjos for Halladay. I haven't heard anything about it since.

The Phillies have been aggressively pursing Halladay but the Jays' asking price might be too high. The Phillies probably will include J.A. Happ (who I really like), Brown/Taylor (prospect), and one more prospect for Halladay but the Jays want Kyle Drabek to be included too. The Phillies WON'T let Drabek go. He's the Phillies' future starter.

I think Halladay will stay put in Toronto and wait till the end of the season to become a FA.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Jays will have to keep him he's a great pitcher.. Better than Lee Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:57 pm

I'm just hoping this deal doesn't cost too much for the Phillies. I believe in Amaro. He's a smart guy.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:57 pm

mmkay, I still think the Phillies would have been better off just giving up prospects for Halladay and keeping lee. that'd give them hamels, lee, and halladay along with one of the top offenses in baseball. plus its not like they couldn't afford to pay lee anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Kid in the Green Backpack wrote:
mmkay, I still think the Phillies would have been better off just giving up prospects for Halladay and keeping lee. that'd give them hamels, lee, and halladay along with one of the top offenses in baseball. plus its not like they couldn't afford to pay lee anyway

The Phillies would have done that for sure if Lee said he would re-sign with the team. Unfortunately, Lee doesn't plan to re-sign with the Phillies so the Phillies had to do this deal. I can't blame them for that. Hamels will bounce back in 2010, giving the Phillies one of the best 1-2 punch in baseball
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Its not that he doesn't want to resign, its that he wants the most $ he can get. The Phillies have one of the highest payrolls in the national league, and I don't think they'd be too worried about getting him his money. Its not as if they'll be paying Halladay less, only less than the Yankees or Red Sox would be paying Halladay if they had gotten him. Lee won't command nearly as much salary as Halladay will, even with another good season under his belt.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:10 pm

This is a fuckin greal deal...

Rumors where popping up saying that Cliff Lee was gonna test the free agency...
And the Phillies didnt want to take a chance...

Halladay > Lee anyway...

And we didnt give up our best prospects either....so whoo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:13 pm

My friend just told me that Halladay is overrated. He won't get 15 wins in 2010. I told him Halladay dominated the AL East. What makes him think that Halladay won't dominate Atlanta, NY Mets, Florida, and Washington? Is he making any sense at all? LOL.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 pm

lol...
Halladay shuts down Boston and NYY....enough said...lol

Your friend makes no sense....and I'm guessing he is BoSox or a NYY fan guessing from his knowledge of the game....jk lol..thats an insult...
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Halladay is no Timmay! =P

Timmay tha Freak is unmatchable, no matter how much pot he smokes Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:25 pm

LOL, I'm just glad that the Phillies got Halladay but I'm def sad to see Lee go but you gotta do what's the best for the team.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:28 pm

damn...the Giants actually have a great foundation for their future..
They have an amazingly talented pitching staff...
They have an allstar in Panda....and if they get a couple of other contact hitters...

They can easily make a run...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Its obvious the Indians rotation is better than the Giants and Phillies rotations combined.

A bunch of rookies/inconsistents/fausto carmona! whoo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:32 pm

CBI wrote:
Its obvious the Indians rotation is better than the Giants and Phillies rotations combined.

A bunch of rookies/inconsistents/fausto carmona! whoo.

Hahahaha. Speaking of Fausto, what happened to him? He seemed to have a good stuff 2 years ago and it went downhill for him.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Lozan is amazing =]] wrote:

They have an allstar in Panda....and if they get a couple of other contact hitters...

FO SHEEZY. But we really need a second young reliable bat. We have Pablo the Kung Fu Panda, but we need someone else. Rowand is overrated, Bengie is inconsistent, Winn lacks any power, and all the younger guys either haven't panned out or are extremely inconsistent. I'm hoping our top draft pick Buster Posey comes through as the second bat we need. Our money is all tied up in our rotation (Zito, and now Timmay) and we overpaid Rowand. Hopefully the young team can get it together. If we're just a tiny bit better offensively, we have a shot at the playoffs next season. We almost made it this year with one of the worst offenses in the MLB.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Mostly he just lost all his control.

I mean, 2007 he had the best control of any of our pitchers.
Then when CC sucked w/ the Indians, Fausto sucked too.

I gues Fausto is just more of a one year wonder than anything. Cleveland's luck.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm

FO SHEEZY. But we really need a second young reliable bat. We have Pablo the Kung Fu Panda, but we need someone else. Rowand is overrated, Bengie is inconsistent, Winn lacks any power, and all the younger guys either haven't panned out or are extremely inconsistent. I'm hoping our top draft pick Buster Posey comes through as the second bat we need. Our money is all tied up in our rotation (Zito, and now Timmay) and we overpaid Rowand. Hopefully the young team can get it together. If we're just a tiny bit better offensively, we have a shot at the playoffs next season. We almost made it this year with one of the worst offenses in the MLB.
Sanchez? Whats his face? Uh..... i always forget his name. His last name starts w/ V. He had a huge hitting streak this year.. lol

Garko? ...jk.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

CBI wrote:

Sanchez? Whats his face? Uh..... i always forget his name. His last name starts w/ V. He had a huge hitting streak this year.. lol

Garko? ...jk.

Freddy Sanchez?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:37 pm

I loved Rowand in Philly Sad

But yeah...the Giants need to start trading some of their lower minor league players for some underrated hitters....
The pitching staff has the ability to win them playoff games NOW!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 pm

CBI wrote:

Garko? ...jk.

Freddy Sanchez?

Freddy Sanchez makes me angry, I want to see more from him. Plus he has no power Sad. Eugenio Velez has potential, but sooooo inconsistent. He was amazing during that hitting streak though. Garko is turd LOL. Travis Ishikawa was better than him hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Well he is in PHILLY NOW well .... what the heck what's his face LEE is going to Mariners how and why ?

How would of that been a 3 great pitchers... Halladay, Lee and Hammels[ if he can bounce back from last year ]
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 pm

I couldn't understand what you said, Janet....
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm

CBI wrote:

Garko? ...jk.

Freddy Sanchez?

Freddy Sanchez makes me angry, I want to see more from him. Plus he has no power Sad. Eugenio Velez has potential, but sooooo inconsistent. He was amazing during that hitting streak though. Garko is turd LOL. Travis Ishikawa was better than him hahaha.
Lol...Sanchez is like nothing w/o Jack Wilson(wait...I thnk thats his name..)
I love Velez. Just never can remember his name....

Garko=BEEASSTT lol
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm

YS

The Phillies would of had a nice top 3 IF they could of still had LEE

You know with him and Halladay and Hammels[ if he has a bounce back year]

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 pm

I think the Phillies would have the best top 3 pitchers if they can sign Janet to replace Hamels Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Best top ? Really why would you say that ? interesting lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Halladay sweepstake   Roy Halladay sweepstake - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Halladay sweepstake
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: Off-Topic :: Other Sports :: MLB / Baseball-
Jump to: