Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why people hate Kobe so much?

Go down 
+27
VP
Koolish
Nick C
3-peat
YS
No Longer DEAD
Chris
Blaze
EM:)
Fox News
Raza
Saeed
Darko
Justin
J
wallshingtonwizard
Steve
Chosen One
Straight Edge Bluntness
Janet
cbi
brownie13
King Of NJ
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
BNB
Naif
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Naif
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2691

Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 5:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

I never understood this. Is it because he is really great and not in haters team or because he is compared to MJ or any other reason?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com

AuthorMessage
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:34 pm

YS wrote:
SRF wrote:
YS wrote:
SRF wrote:
The Spurs were 20-62 before they drafted Duncan and ever since, have won at least 50 games per season. Duncan pretty much turned that franchise around.

You do realize that the Spurs tanked big time...right?

I mean...I'm not getting into this TD vs Kobe debate....but saying Duncan turned around a 20 win team is ridiculous...

uh; Spurs started winning championships since TD came.
Not denying the talent level of the roster prior to his arrival but Duncan played a significant role as to why the Spurs were able to finally win a championship. Tony also made some valid points. Not to mention, everytime a Duncan-led Spurs went to the finals, the Spurs always won the championship.

and Raza; ur making me crack up haaard.

Leading a good team to the promised land doesn't mean he turned the franchise around...

If someone came and took the T-Wolves the playoffs....that would be turning it around since the T-Wolves have had consecutive losing seasons for a while...
However...it wasn't the same for the pre-Duncan spurs.....they were good...
Don't get me wrong...I consider TD to be the greatest PF of all time...but he did NOT turn the franchise around....

Ok; that is your definition of turning a franchise around.
My definition of turning around a franchise includes making history and aiding a franchise to achieve what has never been achieved before. In this case, the Spurs have never been to the finals, much less won a championship before Duncan's arrival but that has evidently changed since he became a Spur.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm

I must of missed this thread, I don't even have a single post on here. :upset:
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Kobe's a prick. Be he's an amazing player. End of story.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 pm

YS wrote:
SRF wrote:
The Spurs were 20-62 before they drafted Duncan and ever since, have won at least 50 games per season. Duncan pretty much turned that franchise around.

You do realize that the Spurs tanked big time...right?

I mean...I'm not getting into this TD vs Kobe debate....but saying Duncan turned around a 20 win team is ridiculous...

So true.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm

in the 4 seasons that before Kobe came into the league, the Lakers were under .500 twice and ecplipsed 50 wins once. so kobe turned the Lakers around, too, right? he led them to the promised land before he could drink. duncan was drinking age upon enterring the league. so what did duncan do any different than kobe? kobe ended up on an elite team that had shaq but w/o kobe they never would have won any titles. same for duncan and the spurs.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 pm

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:44 pm

ѕкιηηιє вσι wrote:
in the 4 seasons that before Kobe came into the league, the Lakers were under .500 twice and ecplipsed 50 wins once. so kobe turned the Lakers around, too, right? he led them to the promised land before he could drink. duncan was drinking age upon enterring the league. so what did duncan do any different than kobe? kobe ended up on an elite team that had shaq but w/o kobe they never would have won any titles. same for duncan and the spurs.

Another true statement.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 pm

...gone like the wind Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 853558
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:17 am

Eff Ben wrote:
Mr Winner and Defense wrote:
sliм jαđɘy wrote:
Mr Winner and Defense wrote:
sliм jαđɘy wrote:
Chris wrote:
sliм jαđɘy wrote:
uh huh Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 372102
Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 372102
🇳🇴
=]

Very Happy

Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 744298
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:21 am

Tony EM:Team Crawford wrote:
He shot 38% against the Pistons for goodness sake.

That's just because Tayshon Prince put his defense on display with stopping Kobe on 21 ppg,38% FG,17% 3 pt,3,8 to....
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Kings fan. Thats all you need to know.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:56 pm

^^^

Hah.That playoff series was....
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:58 am

ѕкιηηιє вσι wrote:
...gone like the wind Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 853558

Oh sorry I left abruptly.
I wanted to finish up my PPT presentation for one of my courses and if I delved into this topic at that time; I would never leave, lol.

But in response to your last post; when Duncan arrived to the Spurs and when Kobe arrived to the Lakers; it was different contexts/circumstances. Spurs have never won a championship or been to the finals ever and Lakers have achieved success in the past. What I am trying to say is that partly because of Duncan (his leadership, experience [cause he finished school before entering the NBA], etc), the Spurs were finally able to win a championship for the franchise. Kobe may have been 1b to Shaq's 1a in your opinion; but Duncan was 1 and Robinson was 2.

I kinda think it is unfair to say that it is "crazy" if someone believes that Duncan had the better career because it is arguable. I am not completely dismissing the idea that Kobe had the better career...I may feel otherwise obviously but I don't think it is insane to say that Kobe had the better career.

Anyway, I respect that your opinion may be different from mine and I don't think we will come to a consensus, so I am ending it here (for now anyway). I don't mind having this discussion with you in the future of course (like April lol when I finish my assignments) cause my brain is kinda fried from doing assignments.
Back to top Go down
VP
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
VP

Male Posts : 517

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:57 pm

No way in hell I'm reading through 18 pages, but I'm going to make a point that I'm sure has already been made within these 18 pages.

It's not Kobe people hate, it's his obnoxious fans. Not saying all Kobe fans are obnoxious, but the ones that are make him really hard to like.
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:35 pm

lebron shot 36% against the spurs, people dont blame him for the loss, no?
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:41 pm

IBC wrote:
I have to go over this again.

Last time you gusy didn't get it, so I'll say it.
I LIKE KOBE, THESE ARE JUST REASONS I SEE... NOTHING I'M GOING TO SAY IS WHAT I BELIEVE.................

1. Kobe is selfish
2. Kobe is a bad teammate
3. Kobe is a terrible leader
4. Kobe is overrated, and gets compared to MJ
5. Kobe is overrated, and is seen as the best Laker of all time by people
6. Kobe is stupid
7. Just because

1. Kobes career shots per game is lower than lebrons, jordans, and wilts
2. I wouldn't know, im not on the lakers
3. He wond 4 championchips
4. ok agreed, is it his fault that hes compared tho?
5. I dont see him as it, i see him behind magic, kareem, west, and baylor(not wilt he only played with the lakers for a little while)
6. Well I guess, he didnt go to college; he got accepted to duke tho, not bad
7. Ok then

major hatorade Mad
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:56 pm

duncan was on the team that first achieved success. does that mean that all the players that were on a franchise's first championship team "turned them around?" no. most of those teams had had consistent success before that, but they finally got over the hump. and during the 90s, the Lakers won 0 championships and had failed in their final two chances previous to that decade (once against the bulls and once against the pistons). they weren't any longer a conference power. they had failed to make it to the conference finals in 5 seasons prior to him being drafted and had 3 first round exits along with once not making the playoffs. in his second season, they returned to the conference finals, and in his fourth, when he finally became a legit top scoring option, they went to the finals and won the championship, along with the following two championships as well. so a laker team that hadn't been able to get over the hump for more than a decade, kobe helped take to a championship at the age of 21. he was the key player that turned the team around. his acquisition led to the then signing of shaquille o'neal and the ultimate arrival of phil jackson. to say duncan turned a team around that had been 1st, 1st, and 2nd in the west in the previous 3 seasons before a major injury to a couple players is absolutely bonkers. before kobe's arrival, the lakers finished out of the playoffs, 4th in the west, and then 5th. duncan's team was elite when he came to the spurs. kobe's became elite after his arrival.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:48 pm

FC wrote:
lebron shot 36% against the spurs, people dont blame him for the loss, no?

He played practicly played all alone vs the Spurs in that blowout...

Eff...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:38 pm

i dont kno y pl hate kobe! Hes a good player, 2 more rings and he's almos an MJ. The only thing 2 hate is his attitude
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Kobe's a shellfish, rapist, ball-hog, who's overrated, and could never win anything without Shaq or Gasol.

j/k
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Breathe wrote:
Kobe's a shellfish, rapist, ball-hog, who's overrated, and could never win anything without Shaq or Gasol.

Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:38 pm

LOL. smh
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Chris wrote:
Breathe wrote:

and Derek Fisher.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Scapegoat. wrote:
Chris wrote:
Breathe wrote:

and Derek Fisher.

Shaq, Gasol or Fisher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why people hate Kobe so much?   Why people hate Kobe so much? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why people hate Kobe so much?
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next