Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL

Go down 
+3
Flight.
ℓakergirℓ
3-peat
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:16 am

First topic message reminder :

I have met so many "Laker" fans on the internet that like the Lakers+Yankees or Lakers+Giants(football giants) or even the Lakers+Rangers. I always laugh at them and simply say to myself stupid band wagoner. Funniest part is when they act so tough cause they bandwagon. Can anyone explain this to me?

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL LAKER FANS.

Last edited by Bron on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:10 am

Anyways, why are we talking about LAKER fans being bandwagoners when we have this...

Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:10 am

Raza wrote:
Bron wrote:

You are obviously getting off topic. Notice how I said a Lakers fan in basketball and lets say a New york Giants in football. Gee isn't this a coincidence???Two good sports teams being liked that are both GOOD by a person who lives in one of the states( guess). NO non band wagoner could possible like both the Lakers and the a New York team. That's like a Laker fan, being born in LA liking both the Lakers and the Celtics

LMFAO!!!!

It is not like a Laker fan liking the Celtics AT ALL. Lakers/Giants are two completely different sports. If you're a Lakers fan, that doesn't mean that you're a Los Angeles sports fan, it means you're a Lakers fan.

I agree here. Just because you like the Lakers doesnt mean you enjoy watching all sports teams in LA, and Football is a diff sport.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:12 am

Bron wrote:
Ok thank you captain obvious. Why would someone in their mind do this? Why pick a far away team over a home team?

Maybe because you like that team??? There is no law saying that you have to like the team in your city/state.

Most NBA players are not from the city or state their team is, and I'm pretty sure their team is their favorite team. They aren't from that city, does that make them bandwagoners?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:13 am

Raza wrote:
Bron wrote:

You are obviously getting off topic. Notice how I said a Lakers fan in basketball and lets say a New york Giants in football. Gee isn't this a coincidence???Two good sports teams being liked that are both GOOD by a person who lives in one of the states( guess). NO non band wagoner could possible like both the Lakers and the a New York team. That's like a Laker fan, being born in LA liking both the Lakers and the Celtics

LMFAO!!!!

It is not like a Laker fan liking the Celtics AT ALL. Lakers/Giants are two completely different sports. If you're a Lakers fan, that doesn't mean that you're a Los Angeles sports fan, it means you're a Lakers fan.

Ok I knew this kid who came from Minnesota and still supports them to this day.

Think of this logic: When you start watching bball, you see your home team play ONLYYY!!!! I know people who live in Miami can't watch Laker games without paying extra money which is a lot so I know almost no one does that. So if they can't watch a team play, why like them?...exactly...band wagoners. I bet I know more about the Lakers than 90% of these Laker band wagoners and I am not even a Laker fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:15 am

Raza wrote:
Anyways, why are we talking about LAKER fans being bandwagoners when we have this...

MVP=applies to one person. They like Kobe not the Lakers and yeah Celtics HAD as much band wagoners as the Lakers when they were champs, but now they are not, so they lost their "fans"
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:15 am

Your bitter Boi

You have a fascination with fans who like the Lakers. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:16 am

Bron wrote:
Think of this logic: When you start watching bball, you see your home team play ONLYYY!!!! I know people who live in Miami can't watch Laker games without paying extra money which is a lot so I know almost no one does that. So if they can't watch a team play, why like them?...exactly...band wagoners. I bet I know more about the Lakers than 90% of these Laker band wagoners and I am not even a Laker fan.

You aren't isolated to only your team's games. There's national TV and of course the lovely internet. You can watch other teams on the internet and sports channels like ESPN. People's favorite players might be on a team that isn't their own team, so they might start following the other team. That does NOT make them bandwagoners
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:16 am

Bron wrote:
MVP=applies to one person. They like Kobe not the Lakers and yeah Celtics HAD as much band wagoners as the Lakers when they were champs, but now they are not, so they lost their "fans"

Fair enough. I just wanted to see how you reacted to that haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:18 am

αƒяσ мαηια тяι¢кѕтєя wrote:
Your bitter Boi

Nope. I am mad that I see Laker fans like New York teams. It's sad. They act like they are a part of the team...very very sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:19 am

Raza wrote:
Bron wrote:

You aren't isolated to only your team's games. There's national TV and of course the lovely internet. You can watch other teams on the internet and sports channels like ESPN. People's favorite players might be on a team that isn't their own team, so they might start following the other team. That does NOT make them bandwagoners

So if you saw a Lakers fan wearing a Kobe jersey and a Yankee baseball cap you wouldn't think to yourself, band wagoner?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:20 am

Bron wrote:
Nope. I am mad that I see Laker fans like New York teams. It's sad. They act like they are a part of the team...very very sad.

There's no problem with liking the Lakers and Giants or Lakers and Yankees. They are completely different sports. Like I said before, if you're a Lakers fan, you're not a Los Angeles sports fan, you're a Lakers fan.

If you like the Lakers and the Celtics or something..then you have a problem
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:20 am

Bron wrote:
Your bitter Boi

Why are you mad that Laker fans like New York Teams? why would you even care what team Laker fans Like?
so you are fascinated about what teams Laker fans like and watch.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:21 am

Bron wrote:
So if you saw a Lakers fan wearing a Kobe jersey and a Yankee baseball cap you wouldn't think to yourself, band wagoner?

No, I would think Laker and Yankee fan.

Once I wore an Iverson jersey and a Bengals hat. Does that make me a bandwagoner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:24 am

Bron wrote:
Your bitter Boi

Why are you mad that Laker fans like New York Teams? why would you even care what team Laker fans Like?

No! First off I am referring to people on the internet. In real life, I couldn't care less what people thought. It's annoying when I see lets say "123" in the basketball section of Y!A supporting the Lakers and in the baseball section supporting the Yankees.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:26 am

Bron wrote:
Bron wrote:
Your bitter Boi

No! First off I am referring to people on the internet. In real life, I couldn't care less what people thought. It's annoying when I see lets say "123" in the basketball section of Y!A supporting the Lakers and in the baseball section supporting the Yankees.

so your getting mad that fans on the internet have the freedom to like any team?

getting mad at Laker/yankee fans on the internet because of the team they cheer for is useless and time wasting.
Back to top Go down
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:26 am

Bron wrote:

Notice I asked "Why do people do this?". To me it's a clear obvious sign they are a band wagoner. These people you think you are defending are BAND WAGONERS. Did they support the Lakers in 2006??? I doubt it.

I see that you avoided what I said. Let me rephrase:

There is no rule and there has never ever been a rule that says that you cannot like teams that aren't from your state. There will never ever be a rule that makes that claim. Never. So calling Laker fans that aren't from CA, bandwagoners is not entirely correct.

You can't just call them all bandwagoners anyway, that is very ignorant my friend. Have you spoken to all of them? Nope. Do you know if they lived in more than one state? Nope. Do you know if they're following their parents team? Nope.

So with such limited information, we can't rule them all as bandwagoners. Even if they started liking the Lakers in 07, 08, or 09. We get new fans all the time and we still manage to keep our older fanbase too. Don't forget how many people were in attendance watching the Lakers play when we had Kwame, Cook, Evans, and Parker. Let's not act like the population of Laker fans doubled this past year.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

Oh okay well first i want to say thanks for the people who supported me in this question thanks...

I am a Laker and Yankees Fan .... Yeah you found me but i could go off on you at the moment but i just won't simple i know at the point i stand with my team and my support towards them and thats good enough for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 am

JaNeT....Random... wrote:
Oh okay well first i want to say thanks for the people who supported me in this question thanks...

I am a Laker and Yankees Fan .... Yeah you found me but i could go off on you at the moment but i just won't simple i know at the point i stand with my team and my support towards them and thats good enough for me

INTERESTING
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:28 am

Trolled!!!!
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:29 am

Trolled?
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:31 am

Yeah i got my point across
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:32 am

Everybody is fascinated with what Laker fans do, eat, drink, say on the internet, Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:33 am

This was a troll thread.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:35 am

Bron wrote:
This was a troll thread.

Did it serve any purpose at all?
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 am

Raza eats troll threads for lunch Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next