Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL

Go down 
+3
Flight.
ℓakergirℓ
3-peat
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL Empty
PostSubject: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:16 am

I have met so many "Laker" fans on the internet that like the Lakers+Yankees or Lakers+Giants(football giants) or even the Lakers+Rangers. I always laugh at them and simply say to myself stupid band wagoner. Funniest part is when they act so tough cause they bandwagon. Can anyone explain this to me?

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL LAKER FANS.

Last edited by Bron on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:23 am

If some one likes a team, then they will like that team, i could care less if the person is a bandwagon or not. When i meet Fans on the internet i don't care if they are a bandwagon or not, but one thing for sure is that you wont see me calling them a stupid band wagoner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
ℓakergirℓ
College Baller
College Baller
ℓakergirℓ

Female Posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:25 am

Well Janet likes the yankees and laker, so what are you trying to say ?
Back to top Go down
ℓakergirℓ
College Baller
College Baller
ℓakergirℓ

Female Posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:28 am

I mean lakers:/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:34 am

ℓakergirℓ wrote:
Well Janet likes the yankees and laker, so what are you trying to say ?

Well I don't know her well enough to say anything. Just stating my opinion and what I have witnessed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 am

αƒяσ мαηια тяι¢кѕтєя wrote:
If some one likes a team, then they will like that team, i could care less if the person is a bandwagon or not. When i meet Fans on the internet i don't care if they are a bandwagon or not, but one thing for sure is that you wont see me calling them a stupid band wagoner.

I never understand why someone who lives in let's say Florida would be a Laker fan when he has the Heat. Why not root for your own teams? Because they suck?...well then don't act like your cool because you picked the team that has all the band wagoners jumping aboard.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:40 am

Bron wrote:

I never understand why someone who lives in let's say Florida would be a Laker fan when he has the Heat. Why not root for your own teams? Because they suck?...well then don't act like your cool because you picked the team that has all the band wagoners jumping aboard.

Not because they suck, people don't have to necessarily have to like their home team, sometimes people like how other teams play, and their style, and they could be more fun to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:44 am

Bron wrote:

Not because they suck, people don't have to necessarily have to like their home team, sometimes people like how other teams play, and their style, and they could be more fun to watch.

I can understand that but why are there still Minnesota fans?...because people are LOYAL to that team. Band wagoners completely ignore their home team and BAND WAGON to the best team. And to disaprove your point, my friend is a Rockets fan since he was born basically. He enjoys the Suns games, sometimes more than the Rockets game but he still ROOTS for the ROCKETS in every single game.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:49 am

Bron wrote:
Bron wrote:

I can understand that but why are there still Minnesota fans?...because people are LOYAL to that team. Band wagoners completely ignore their home team and BAND WAGON to the best team. And to disaprove your point, my friend is a Rockets fan since he was born basically. He enjoys the Suns games, sometimes more than the Rockets game but he still ROOTS for the ROCKETS in every single game.

Because Minnesota fans enjoy watching their team play even through tough times, Thats not proving my point, You can be a fan of your home team and still cheer for another team if you also enjoy watching them play. People cheer and watch the team they are interested in and enjoy cheering for, it don't matter where the team is located.
Back to top Go down
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

Male Posts : 1678

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:49 am

"I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL". How's this hard to understand? This also applies to other fans, but you're seem to be mainly targeting the Laker fans. Is this suppose to be a hate question?
If one likes a team - bandwagon or not - let him like that team and even be a fan. It's his life, so let him decide what he wants to do with it or not. If he makes a mistake, then it's his fault. Let him learn his lesson, but it isn't for you to decide for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:53 am

Bron wrote:
Bron wrote:

Because Minnesota fans enjoy watching their team play even through tough times, Thats not proving my point, You can be a fan of your home team and still cheer for another team if you also enjoy watching them play. People cheer and watch the team they are interested in and enjoy cheering for, it don't matter where the team is located.

So why don't you see other team band wagoners? It's always the Lakers? Coincidence?...no. I bet you that if I asked around 100 Lakers fans on the internet if they were a Laker fan in between 2005 and 2007, I will get less than 1/4 of the people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:56 am

Andre wrote:
"I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL". How's this hard to understand? This also applies to other fans, but you're seem to be mainly targeting the Laker fans. Is this suppose to be a hate question?
If one likes a team - bandwagon or not - let him like that team and even be a fan. It's his life, so let him decide what he wants to do with it or not. If he makes a mistake, then it's his fault. Let him learn his lesson, but it isn't for you to decide for them.

I hate when people "brag" about their team when they are BAND WAGONERS. That's like me placing a bet on something 2 seconds before the result is about to happen, when I can see the result
Back to top Go down
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:57 am

Bron wrote:

I agree. Sometimes the one who roots for their home team is the bandwagon. Let's say you're rooting for your home-team, but you don't really like that team. So you're basically rooting for a team just for the sake of where you come from. If someone likes a team, dedicates to it, and is proud that team, that makes him a true fan.
Back to top Go down
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:57 am

I don't understand the fascination with Laker fans =/

I really don't. I don't get why people are concerned about other teams they like or how long they have been fans. I'm just not understanding how this matters to all of you?

Anyway, I can assure you that Janet is not a bandwagon fan. I'm not saying that you're calling her one, but I just wanna make that clear. As far as the everyone else, IDK.

There are no rules when it comes to supporting a team. If they are loyal then I can careless if they live in California, Florida, or Ohio.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

Wow...people like you confuse me. Just because you live in a certain city or state doesn't mean you're obligated to be a fan of your own team. You can be a fan of and root for whichever team you want to. It's just people who only root for teams because they win championships that annoy me. However, if you live in New York or something, you don't HAVE to be a Knicks fan...
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:59 am

Bron wrote:
Bron wrote:
Bron wrote:

So why don't you see other team band wagoners? It's always the Lakers? Coincidence?...no. I bet you that if I asked around 100 Lakers fans on the internet if they were a Laker fan after 2004, I will get less than 1/4 of the people.

Obviously you have met the wrong people....Theres obvious signs of hate towards the Lakers spewing from your comments, You perception of "Bandwagon Fan" is flawed. Bandwagon fan means a fan who Joins a team due to guaranteed success or glory. It doesnt say fans who have been following a team from another city is a banwagon, what about a fan who follows the lakers since 20 years and he lives in germany? Is he a bandwagon?

Every team has Bandwagon fans, Not just the Lakers, cavs, celtics, spurs and every team that reeks success.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:01 am

j.и. wrote:

I really don't. I don't get why people are concerned about other teams they like or how long they have been fans. I'm just not understanding how this matters to all of you?

Anyway, I can assure you that Janet is not a bandwagon fan. I'm not saying that you're calling her one, but I just wanna make that clear. As far as the everyone else, IDK.

There are no rules when it comes to supporting a team. If they are loyal then I can careless if they live in California, Florida, or Ohio.

Yeah I don't know Janet enough so forget that part. As for the rest, if I go to lets say blah blah high school, it wouldn't make much sense to root for the other team. It shows loyalty to your state. Why root for the Lakers while you living in Miami? Makes no sense. It's hard to talk when most Lakers are band wagoners.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:03 am

Bron wrote:
Yeah I don't know Janet enough so forget that part. As for the rest, if I go to lets say blah blah high school, it wouldn't make much sense to root for the other team. It shows loyalty to your state. Why root for the Lakers while you living in Miami? Makes no sense. It's hard to talk when most Lakers are band wagoners.

Liking a high school basketball team and an NBA team are two completely different things. For high school, you actually go to the school and actually know the people. Unless you're on the Laker staff or something, then you're free to like whoever you want.

Why root for the Lakers while you're living in Miami? Hmm..maybe because you like the Lakers and live in Miami?
Back to top Go down
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:03 am

j.и. wrote:

Yeah, that's true. I mean, what if you're a Lakers fan, and the Celtics moved in to LA and Lakers to Boston. Would you still support the Celtics-a classic rival of the Lakers-just because they're based in LA, even if you don't like that team at all? Dude, commons sense. Like a team if you want to, don't if you care less.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:06 am

Bron wrote:
j.и. wrote:

But who said that we have to be loyal to our state? That's what I mean by "there are no rules". Loyalty to a state is a state of mind, it doesn't apply to everyone. Not everyone is bound by locations. Some people like teams because they just do.

What's important is that they are loyal to whatever team they choose to root for. That's holds far more significance IMO.

Last edited by j.и. on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:06 am

Bron wrote:
Bron wrote:
Bron wrote:

So why don't you see other team band wagoners? It's always the Lakers? Coincidence?...no. I bet you that if I asked around 100 Lakers fans on the internet if they were a Laker fan after 2004, I will get less than 1/4 of the people.

Obviously you have met the wrong people....Theres obvious signs of hate towards the Lakers spewing from your comments, You perception of "Bandwagon Fan" is flawed. Bandwagon fan means a fan who Joins a team due to guaranteed success or glory. It doesnt say fans who have been following a team from another city is a banwagon, what about a fan who follows the lakers since 20 years and he lives in germany? Is he a bandwagon?

Every team has Bandwagon fans, Not just the Lakers, cavs, celtics, spurs and every team that reeks success.

You are obviously getting off topic. Notice how I said a Lakers fan in basketball and lets say a New york Giants in football. Gee isn't this a coincidence???Two good sports teams being liked that are both GOOD by a person who lives in one of the states( guess). NO non band wagoner could possible like both the Lakers and the a New York team. That's like a Laker fan, being born in LA liking both the Lakers and the Celtics
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

[quote="Raza"
Why root for the Lakers while you're living in Miami? Hmm..maybe because you like the Lakers and live in Miami?[/quote]

Its really a simple equation lol. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:08 am

j.и. wrote:
Bron wrote:
j.и. wrote:

But who said that we have to be loyal to our state? That's what I mean by "there are no rules". Loyalty to a state is a state of mind, it doesn't apply to everyone. Not everyone is bound by locations. Some people like teams because they just do.

What's important is that they are loyal to whatever team they choose to root for. That's holds far more significance IMO.

Notice I asked "Why do people do this?". To me it's a clear obvious sign they are a band wagoner. These people you think you are defending are BAND WAGONERS. Did they support the Lakers in 2006??? I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:09 am

Bron wrote:

You are obviously getting off topic. Notice how I said a Lakers fan in basketball and lets say a New york Giants in football. Gee isn't this a coincidence???Two good sports teams being liked that are both GOOD by a person who lives in one of the states( guess). NO non band wagoner could possible like both the Lakers and the a New York team. That's like a Laker fan, being born in LA liking both the Lakers and the Celtics

LMFAO!!!!

It is not like a Laker fan liking the Celtics AT ALL. Lakers/Giants are two completely different sports. If you're a Lakers fan, that doesn't mean that you're a Los Angeles sports fan, it means you're a Lakers fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:09 am

[quote="Raza"
Why root for the Lakers while you're living in Miami? Hmm..maybe because you like the Lakers and live in Miami?

Its really a simple equation lol. afro[/quote]

Ok thank you captain obvious. Why would someone in their mind do this? Why pick a far away team over a home team?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL   I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL Empty

Back to top Go down

I do not understand? Laker fans? LOL
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next