Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Derrick Rose wins MVP

Go down 
+6
Darko
Abdu
Straight Edge Bluntness
cbi
Fox News
Raza
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

Derrick Rose wins MVP Empty
PostSubject: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:55 pm

No surprise there.

Alsooo...

- D. Rose is the youngest player to ever win the MVP
- D. Rose is the only Bulls player besides Jordan to win the MVP
- Dirk Nowitzki didn't finish in the top 5 for voting (Rose, Howard, Lebron, Kobe, Durant in that order).

How do ya feel?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Even though its technically a regular season award, I think the magic 1st round exit put Dwight out of contention for the award. And I can agree with that. Rose deserved it.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Cool beans.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Dwight averaged 27 PPG, 15.5 RPG, and 1.8 BPG on 63% shooting throughout the first round. Besides lowering his hideous turnover numbers (5.5 a game), what more could Dwight have done to help the Magic win? He only had one bad game throughout the series where he was stuck with early foul trouble, and the Magic won that game by 25.

Maybe we could blame Jameer Nelson and his 38% shooting in the series with his 23% from three for the exit

Or JJ Redick, one of the Magic's best shooters, shooting 36% from the field and going 1-15 from behind the line, including his wide open shot that would have put game 6 into overtime

Or Jason Richardson, one of the Orlando playmakers averaging under 10 points a game with 33% shooting

Or Hedo Turkoglu, shooting under 30% for the series along with 23% three point shooting and 57% free throw shooting (during his regular season with ORL, he average 2.1 free throws a game and shot 79%. In the series, he shot 2.3 a game and still only shot 57%.)

Can we really blame Dwight?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm not blaming him. Wins in the playoffs do matter, though. Same way a guy like john wall couldn't win MVP..you can't blame him for losing but they just didn't win enough games.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Congrats to Rose!

and off-topic; Visa, do you watch the Apprentice?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Yes. Very Happy ..Just started last season because Nene Leaks was going to be on the show...I used to watch housewives of ATL. Not my reason for the trump avatar though..I just like trump as a republican.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Trump wrote:
Yes. Very Happy ..Just started last season because Nene Leaks was going to be on the show...I used to watch housewives of ATL. Not my reason for the trump avatar though..I just like trump as a republican.

OMG!
Did you see the Nene/Star fight this past week.
Damn, Nene really gave it to Star...it was so awesome!
I haven't seen an episode of housewives but is Nene like that on that show too?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Yep I saw it. And yep, Nene has always been ghetto/ trashy..thats why she's so entertaining hahaha...She was even about to throw a girl off a moving bus :silent:
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:23 pm

I wanted Blake Griffin to win it
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:34 am

Well deserved for D-Rose
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:35 am

Trump wrote:
I'm not blaming him. Wins in the playoffs do matter, though. Same way a guy like john wall couldn't win MVP..you can't blame him for losing but they just didn't win enough games.

Wins in the playoffs don't matter..it's a regular season award.

And John Wall is a completely different story. Leading your team to the 4th seed in the playoffs and then losing in the first round because 4 of your key teammates fail to perform while you give 27/15 a game is one thing...leading your team to a lottery pick is a different thing. It's a regular season award. Dirk won it in 2007, and his 67 win Mavs got bounced in the first round to the 8th seeded Warriors 4-2. But he was the regular season MVP, so he deserved the award.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:47 am

Raza wrote:
No surprise there.

That's what's so funny. We've all known for a couple of months that Rose has had the MVP locked up. So it really is no surprise that he won it.

But when I step back and think about it... I'm still shocked.

3 years ago when Rose got drafted, there were a lot of questions being asked. Can he develop a consistent outside shot? Will he be able to play PG? If he has to play SG, would he be able to guard guys like Kobe and Wade? Can he become a vocal leader? Can he be a leader AT ALL? How will his defense be? The Bulls have Kirk and Ben Gordon, was Rose really the right pick? Etc.

After his rookie year, he only answered a few of the Q's. Yes, he can play PG.. and Yes, he was the right pick. did anyone at that point think he would be an MVP in 2 years? Did anyone think he would EVER be MVP?

After his second year, before this season... there were still a couple of the same questions... can he develop his shot and will he be able to make a difference on D.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5622446

^ when that came out, the reaction was mostly like.... "I love that D. Rose is confident in himself. It's good to see in a young player who has to step up and be a leader for this Bulls team... but he isn't going to be MVP."

He basically answered ever question now. Yes, he can play PG. Yes, he can be a leader. Yes, he can make an impact on defense. Yes, if you let him shoot... he'll shoot it and make it. Yes, he'll make the right play. ... and yes, he can win the MVP.

and the fact that he improved so much in 3 years is just shocking to me.

Also, his MVP speech was great. It was nothing special and very special at the same time. He was saying 'um' after every words, his voice was a little monotone, he seemed bit uninterested in being there.... but he was being real. When he start talking about his mom and got quiet and teary eyed.. that was awesome. Outside of the bball court, Rose doesn't usually show too much emotion.

that was a MiLLiON times better than LeBron using the word "humbled" 50 times in 2 minutes in his MVP speech.

All I can say is that Rose is making chicago proud.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:56 am

Bulls N' Bears wrote:

That's what's so funny. We've all known for a couple of months that Rose has had the MVP locked up. So it really is no surprise that he won it.

But when I step back and think about it... I'm still shocked.

3 years ago when Rose got drafted, there were a lot of questions being asked. Can he develop a consistent outside shot? Will he be able to play PG? If he has to play SG, would he be able to guard guys like Kobe and Wade? Can he become a vocal leader? Can he be a leader AT ALL? How will his defense be? The Bulls have Kirk and Ben Gordon, was Rose really the right pick? Etc.

After his rookie year, he only answered a few of the Q's. Yes, he can play PG.. and Yes, he was the right pick. did anyone at that point think he would be an MVP in 2 years? Did anyone think he would EVER be MVP?

After his second year, before this season... there were still a couple of the same questions... can he develop his shot and will he be able to make a difference on D.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5622446

^ when that came out, the reaction was mostly like.... "I love that D. Rose is confident in himself. It's good to see in a young player who has to step up and be a leader for this Bulls team... but he isn't going to be MVP."

He basically answered ever question now. Yes, he can play PG. Yes, he can be a leader. Yes, he can make an impact on defense. Yes, if you let him shoot... he'll shoot it and make it. Yes, he'll make the right play. ... and yes, he can win the MVP.

and the fact that he improved so much in 3 years is just shocking to me.

Also, his MVP speech was great. It was nothing special and very special at the same time. He was saying 'um' after every words, his voice was a little monotone, he seemed bit uninterested in being there.... but he was being real. When he start talking about his mom and got quiet and teary eyed.. that was awesome. Outside of the bball court, Rose doesn't usually show too much emotion.

that was a MiLLiON times better than LeBron using the word "humbled" 50 times in 2 minutes in his MVP speech.

All I can say is that Rose is making chicago proud.

I almost shed a tear..

:crying:

...no not really
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:57 am

Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:59 am

Rose deserved the award this year, and he was instrumental to winning the NBA "regular season championship", which is a big step in the right direction, considering that they weren't expected to be the 4th best team in the East, if that, on paper. I don't think they'll win the NBA Finals this year, but there's no mistake that the Bulls should be perennial contender over the next 5-6 years with this current core.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:00 pm

A hater would say : get of his dick faggot Nenad.

but nonono me. im not a hater. Smile
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:05 pm

people can say "get off his dick" all they want. Idc. As a Bulls fan from chicago, I am extremely happy and proud that a Bulls player from chicago won MVP.

If me being happy about that is riding rose's dick... then so be it.

not many bulls fans were just like "yay he won.... let's move along now...."

Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:43 pm

yup...hater these days..
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Fuck.. Dirk should have won!!!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:05 pm

maybe dirk ends up getting finals MVP? who knows... I'd rather have Rose win that one.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Westbrooks gonna win that one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Or Z.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:04 am

Maybe LeBron will take this Finals MVP or LeBron and Wade Co Finals MVP

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:19 am

Ok enough with the Lebron and Wade propaganda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Rose wins MVP   Derrick Rose wins MVP Empty

Back to top Go down

Derrick Rose wins MVP
Page 1 of 1