Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

News from around the league.

Go down 
+2
Abdu
Nick C
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

News from around the league. Empty
PostSubject: News from around the league.   News from around the league. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Sacramento getting a second look.

Sacramento has two days to prove it's a better fit for the Kings than Anaheim.

The National Basketball Association said Monday that it is sending its relocation committee chairman and an attorney to Sacramento on Thursday and Friday for a look at the city's efforts to increase corporate financial support for the team and to finance a new sports-entertainment arena.

League Commissioner David Stern said Mayor Kevin Johnson's businesslike presentation last week to league owners in New York prompted the decision to give Sacramento a second look before deciding if the Kings may move to Anaheim next season.

Colangelo: No Raptor is Untradeable

Colangelo spent Monday pointing out, among many things, that no Raptor is untradeable. And just in case you were worried he was sinking Bargnani’s value in the process — well, Colangelo made the salesman’s point, too, that Bargnani remains both a “matchup nightmare” and an unknown quantity, since he has yet to be paired with a legitimately sized centre who could paper over the Italian’s deficiencies.

Bosh to play more at center

When the season began, Heat forward Chris Bosh cringed at the thought of playing too much at the center position.

He's changed his tune thus far in the postseason. Because of Philadelphia's speed at the position, Bosh has played extended minutes at center. His role is expected to remain the same throughout the series.

"It just took some time to get comfortable to it," Bosh said." At first, I was kind of frightened. I didn't really want to play the five. I know I've said that a bunch of times."

Lamar Odom wins 6th Man of the Year

Lakers forward Lamar Odom has won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year Award, according to multiple league officials. Odom will receive the award later today at a hotel near LAX. Kobe Bryant had a similar award ceremony near LAX when he won the MVP award in 2008. Odom, 31, averaged 14.4 points and 8.7 rebounds while playing all 82 regular-season games. He shot a career-best 53%, started 35 games and helped the Lakers weather the in-and-out tendencies of Andrew Bynum.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: News from around the league.   News from around the league. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:42 pm

My nigga Lamar Odom!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: News from around the league.   News from around the league. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:45 pm

hahaha. Bosh is saying that now because he's guarding Hawes at times and has hawes guarding him at times. I wanna see what he says if he goes against Shaq, Noah or Howard.

Odom winning isn't shocking, I was expecting it. He deserved it though.

Raptors thing isn't shocking either.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: News from around the league.   News from around the league. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:44 am

Ah..Bosh

Let's see him do against a real competition

As for Odom, totally deserved his award
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: News from around the league.   News from around the league. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Glad Colangelo made that statement.
The first time I agree with something he has said/done during his tenure as Raptors GM.
Hopefully, he could get rid of some of those huge, unnecessary contracts during the off-season (i.e. Calderon, Bargnani).
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: News from around the league.   News from around the league. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:11 pm

No their not getting a second look..thats complete BS..Everyone knows there fate..

Coangelo is talking out of his ass.. He aint tradin jack.

..Figured so..

Lamars show is cool...can he grow a beard, tho? like seriously
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News from around the league.   News from around the league. Empty

Back to top Go down

News from around the league.
Page 1 of 1