Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION) Empty
PostSubject: Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION)   Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION) EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Northwest Region (1st round matchups between individuals)

Upper Half
#1 Mike Krzyzewski vs. #16 Kelly Graves
#8 Jimmer Fredette vs. #9 Harrison Barnes
#5 Dick Vitale vs. #12 Crystal Langhorne
#4 Maya Moore vs. #13 Angel McCoughtry

Lower Half
#6 Mikhail Prokhorov vs. #11 Tim Duncan
#3 Diana Taurasi vs. #14 Sugar Rodgers
#7 Ted Leonsis vs. #10 Donna Orender
#2 Pat Summitt vs. #15 Derrick Williams

About the Seeds

#1 Mike Krzyzewski, Duke men's basketball coach and USA men's basketball team coach
He won the National title last year, he has now gotten success recruiting blue chips again, and he had a completely reconfigured USA team win the FIBA World Championships in Turkey. With the win, the US won the world championships for the first time in 16 years.

#2 Pat Summitt, Tennessee women's basketball coach
She is in somewhat of a reloading project after Candace Parker graduated in 2008. In 2009, the team lost in the 1st round of the dance. In 2010, the Lady Vols got to a Sweet 16, and this year, they got to the Elite Eight. Next year, it's gonna be a national championship, at least in her eyes. Summitt is also the winningest D-I coach with 1,071 total wins.

#3 Diana Taurasi, G, Phoenix Mercury
She is the WNBA's leading scorer and also was part of the 2010 FIBA World Championship team. Her nude ESPN cover got her some positive press, but the PED incident which was found to be the contrary has hurt her a bit as well....

#4 Maya Moore, F/G, UConn
She has been the catalyst for the UConn team last four years due to her all around play. She now has 3,000 career points, which easily eclipses all the other greats who have played in Storrs. Oh yeah, she also was part of the 2010 FIBA team, while she was in college!

#5 Dick Vitale, Color Analyst ESPN
He's awesome baby! College basketball isn't the same without him.

#6 Mikhail Prokhorov, Majority Owner, NJ Nets
While Jay-Z does most of the public talking for the team, he is the real boss, trying to get the Nets to win a title within five years. Like Cuban, he wants to spend big to win now, and finally got somewhat of a minor victory by bringing in Deron Williams via trade which wasn't a Jay-Z move of all things.

#7 Ted Leonsis, Majority Owner, Washington Mystics and Washington Wizards
Ted has the outspokenness of Mark Cuban but is also a very humble man. Unlike Cuban and Prokhorov however, Ted is adamant about a hard cap like it is in the NHL, since he is winning with the Caps, but a number of the owners in the NBA are also part of the NHL family too.

#8 Jimmer Fredette, G, BYU
He was the national leading scorer this past season and led BYU to a Sweet 16 appearance, earning National POY honors.

#9 Harrison Barnes, F, UNC
Averaged nearly 16 ppg for the Tar Heels in his freshman season which got them to the Elite Eight, after they were NIT Runner Ups last year. He also came to UNC as a sophomore academically and could be with his degree by his junior playing season, which may not be a bad idea considering the NBA labor situation.

#10 Donna Orender, former WNBA President
She was the league leader for six years where the WNBA has been able to earn sponsorships and TV contracts without NBA support. The NBA also doesn't subsidize the WNBA anymore and according to Stern the league itself is doing fine though individual teams may not be as fine.

#11 Tim Duncan, C, San Antonio Spurs
He is a gentleman, and one of the best big men in the NBA, 15 years after he started in the league.

#12 Crystal Langhorne, F, Washington Mystics
A homer pick by me. But she was a 16 ppg, 10 rpg player last year in the wake of the absence of Alana Beard, and the stats on the boards show the fact that Lang doesn't back down to anyone.

#13 Angel McCoughtry, F, Atlanta Dream
In her second year, Angel got the Dream to the Finals last year. She's rather local too for DC, so another homer bid, but it's not like she doesn't deserve it.

#14 Sugar Rodgers, G, Georgetown
Sugar is a natural scorer and has willed the Hoyas to two straight NCAA bids in her two seasons in DC. Second, the Hoyas got to the Sweet 16 this year and gave UConn a run for their money until the last minute, literally.

#15 Derrick Williams, F, Arizona
I guess if I ranked everyone, he'll have a higher seed. But he has an awesome offensive game as we saw against Duke. I haven't seen too much of him since I'm not a Pac 10 guy, but if he goes pro, please come to play with John Wall!

#16 Kelly Graves, Gonzaga womens' basketball coach
The Zags have been a consistent post season team making at least NIT or NCAA appearances, but this year, they made an Elite Eight Appearance as an 11 seed, which is unprecedented, especially in women's basketball. If VCU wasn't winning, Gonzaga would have had more love. Graves has don e a good job with the team leading them to 7 straight WCC titles, and they also made the 2010 sweet 16 as a 7 seed, which doesn't happen often in women's basketball. They year before, they got to the 2nd round as a 12 seed. Not too shabby.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION)   Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION) EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:45 pm

#1 Mike Krzyzewski vs. #16 Kelly Graves-Coach K (yeah, yeah, I'm a UNC guy, but I have to give him his due).
#8 Jimmer Fredette vs. #9 Harrison Barnes-Barnes.
#5 Dick Vitale vs. #12 Crystal Langhorne-Vitale. Even if his blatant homerism and East Coast Bias annoys the hell out of me sometimes.
#4 Maya Moore vs. #13 Angel McCoughtry-I guess Moore?
#6 Mikhail Prokhorov vs. #11 Tim Duncan-Duncan.
#3 Diana Taurasi vs. #14 Sugar Rodgers-I guess Taurasi?
#7 Ted Leonsis vs. #10 Donna Orender-Leonsis.
#2 Pat Summitt vs. #15 Derrick Williams-Williams.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION)   Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION) EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Upper Half
#1 Mike Krzyzewski vs. #16 Kelly Graves - Coach K
#8 Jimmer Fredette vs. #9 Harrison Barnes - Barnes
#5 Dick Vitale vs. #12 Crystal Langhorne - Lang
#4 Maya Moore vs. #13 Angel McCoughtry - Maya Moore

Lower Half
#6 Mikhail Prokhorov vs. #11 Tim Duncan - Timmy
#3 Diana Taurasi vs. #14 Sugar Rodgers - Sugar Rodgers (I'm split on some of the former UConn players: Love Sue, love Maya, not so much for Diana)
#7 Ted Leonsis vs. #10 Donna Orender - Ted
#2 Pat Summitt vs. #15 Derrick Williams - Pat Summitt
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION)   Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION) EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Upper Half
#1 Mike Krzyzewski vs. #16 Kelly Graves- Coach K
#8 Jimmer Fredette vs. #9 Harrison Barnes- hmm... Ill go with Jimmer
#5 Dick Vitale vs. #12 Crystal Langhorne- Vitale
#4 Maya Moore vs. #13 Angel McCoughtry- Moore

Lower Half
#6 Mikhail Prokhorov vs. #11 Tim Duncan- Duncan
#3 Diana Taurasi vs. #14 Sugar Rodgers- Taurasi
#7 Ted Leonsis vs. #10 Donna Orender- Leonsis
#2 Pat Summitt vs. #15 Derrick Williams- Pat Summitt

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION)   Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION) Empty

Back to top Go down

Basketball Figure Madness (NORTHWEST REGION)
Page 1 of 1