Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region

Go down 
+2
BNB
wallshingtonwizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region Empty
PostSubject: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 am

So............ here's round 2 for the Northeast Region.

Match 1

Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region Pictur10

So who do you like more? One of college basketball's best ever coaches who is arguably the best coach right now? Or an All American forward who'd rather be in Buckeye Red instead of Wizards Red?

Match 2
Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region Pictur11

This looks like a good match between two point guards who were #1 picks in the WNBA and NBA drafts respectively. Sue Bird is an accomplished multi time All Star, two time Olympic Gold Medalist, and two time WNBA Champ. She is still in the prime of her career at the ripe old age of 30. John Wall would love to do what Sue has done as well by the time he's 30 (Her WNBA rings would be NBA rings for him obviously). Though she will be favored to beat him in a three point shooting contest, Sue wants him to teach her how to dougie. She NEEDS him to teach her how to dougie!

Match 3
Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region Pictur12

The NBA boss is pitted against one of the more promising players in Europe right now. I thought Stern would lose to Rodriguez in the first round, but can he beat Ricky?

Match 4
Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region Pictur13
"Upsets" in the first round cause this matchup between one of the more promising coaches in college basketball with a laid back demeanor, against a fiery vocal leader for the Boston Celtics.

Last edited by wallshingtonwizard on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:55 am

My picks:

#1 Coach Auriemma vs #9 Jared Sullinger - Geno wins again. I like Jared, but not against a coach with his resume.

#4 Sue vs #5 Doug E. Wall - I want to show my homer bias. BAD. But Wall doesn't have crap on Sue Bird when you look at his college and pro resume against hers. The only thing he has on her is that he can dunk, he can dance, and he has a Top 100 pop song in his name, and she doesn't. So my vote goes to Sue Bird, and she is my favorite WNBA player despite not being in Mystics red.

Okay, maybe she can dance (0:37-0:40)

but she needs lessons

#3 David Stern vs. #6 Ricky Rubio - Stern's resume for hoops is much bigger than Ricky's, so though I voted for him to lose in the 1st round, okay, I'll vote for Stern this time.

#10 Coach Pearl vs. #15 KG - I like both of these guys. I do. But I give my vote to KG here.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Geno
Wall
Stern
KG
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Geno
Wall
Stern
KG

I agree with Nenad's picks
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:44 pm

#1 Sullinger. Geno is a douche-bag.
#2 Wall
#3 Stern ALLDAY!
#4 KG
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Darko wrote:
Geno
Wall
Stern
KG

I guess the Dougie show may be continuing after all. I'm not trying to get sympathy Wall votes here.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:58 pm

wallshingtonwizard wrote:
Darko wrote:
Geno
Wall
Stern
KG

I guess the Dougie show may be continuing after all. I'm not trying to get sympathy Wall votes here.

Nah..

i just like Wall

He'll be one of the best in the league very soon
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:03 pm

I hope Wall can become the best or at least one of the best guards in the NBA in five years. We'll see, and our next draft pick really hinges on that next pick.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Geno
Wall
Commish
Garnett
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Nick C wrote:
#1 Sullinger. Geno is a douche-bag.
#2 Wall
#3 Stern ALLDAY!
#4 KG

Same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region   Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region Empty

Back to top Go down

Round 2 of Basketball Figure Madness: Northeast Region
Page 1 of 1