Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified?

Go down 
2 posters

Do you think some owners are happy with the current system while others aren't?
Yes
Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? Vote_lcap75%Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No
Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? Vote_lcap25%Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? Empty
PostSubject: Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified?   Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 am

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/01/jeanie-buss-phil-jackson-have-contractions-days-apart/1

Jeanie Buss, the Lakers VP of Business Operations believes that the NBA should consider contracting teams. In addition, the coach, Phil Jackson takes it a step further and believes that the NBA should contract down to 24 teams to create four divisions of six teams each.

The teams that I could see folded if this were to happen are:

1. New Orleans Hornets - The League owns the team right now, and I doubt anyone in the area wants to buy the team right now.
2. Sacramento Kings - Arena deal fell through and they're trying to move to LA right now.
3. Toronto Raptors - Unattractive market for NBA players who are mostly American. A team that can't attract or keep assets perennially should fold.
4. Memphis Grizzlies - A team that's in a small metro area and has perennially bad attendance
5. Washington Wizards - Unattractive market for NBA players. Ownership is frugal/cheap and would rather win with frugal limits like the Caps do.
6. Indiana Pacers - Team is bleeding cash, small metro area

I don't see Charlotte folding because MJ owns the team and he will get his chance. He alone is why the Cats stay and why the Wizards go. Three teams in the EAst and WEst fold....

The owner himself, Jerry Buss believes that there should be more revenue sharing though he wouldn't say on a hard cap.

My point isn't that some folks in the Lakers would like to see teams like Kings and the Wizards to close shop. It's that maybe some owners like the current CBA because they can succeed in it, while owners who want the hard cap want that measure because they can't compete right now. Do you think teams that perennially spend tons of money and win like DAllas and the Lakers could single-handedly prevent other teams from getting a hard salary cap and player cap among other things?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified?   Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 am

How is the wizards ownership frugal? lol ..this is the greatest city on earth!we got food,girls,nightlife,drugsetc. Best chili dogs in america right at bens chili bowl..baddest girls on the planet..cant deny that...like thick redbones? hit the Nw quadrant, asian persuasion? chinatown.. white girls (yummy Smile )? go over to arlington or bethesda! like dark girls with nappy hair and names like 'dajahnay' and 'montejelica' try the NE an SE quadrants or parts of PG county...wanna get ur party on? i hear club love has the best VIP. wanna get high? U can get any drug for ur taste on south capitol or goergia ave..i know 2 drug dealers on kenyon right off of georgia ave..Not to mention I have seen some of the prettiest hookers in DC.

U just Can't beat this place! ...if i were lebron i'd love to play here
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified?   Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:02 am

VISA, I know our city is great. But the team and the organization aren't considered to be a sexy destination.

Like Abe, Ted is a cheap owner, not because he doesn't want to spend, but because he wants every team to have an equal chance to win, and unfortunately for the Lakers and Mavs, that means that every team must be cheap. Sure, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Langhorne, and Alana Beard love the guy and same for the fans, but do you think the Wizards players like him as much when he publicly is advocating a hard cap and presumably cutting some of their salaries?

He is a fans' owner, a players' owner too, but with the latter, they also must be okay or have accepted a hard cap.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified?   Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lakers believes NBA should contract: So are they all unified?
Page 1 of 1