Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?

Go down 
+5
MC-dizzle
brownie13
Fox News
YS
Straight Edge Bluntness
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? Empty
PostSubject: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 pm

There are some players in the NBA that are clearly deserving of a max contract (not gonna name names cause I know I might get attacked for that even LOL) but would you consider Bosh to be one of them? Why or why not?

BQ: If the following players have never (or never end up winning one) won a championship ring, would you still consider them as potential candidates for the HOF in the future?:

1. Boston's Big Three (Ray, Pierce, KG)
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Tim Duncan
4. Dirk
5. Chauncey Billups
6. Steve Nash
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 pm

WTH?

Of course, lol.

BQ: All of them yes, except Billups. (I still don't think he gets in though)
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:52 pm

No...There are other pf FA this year who are better,boozer,stodimire,lee.

1.yes all 3
2.yes
3.yes
4.yes
5.no
6.maybe
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 pm

no not Bosh. he definitely has the ability to be a superstar, but sometimes it just seems like the effort isn't there. he is still poor defensively and he really isn't able to be versatile, as he can only play the power forward spot. nice stats but the talent around him is actually pretty decent and he hasn't been able to do much with it. i wouldn't give him a max contract.

HOF Players:

All of them but Pierce and Billups.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 pm

A max contract is around 25-30mil if I'm not mistaken, I wouldn't spent that kind of money on Bosh because he has not prove himself to be able to take his team to the next level, the leadership just isn't there.

Kobe, yeah all the Jordan hype's bound to get him there.

K.G yeah, allen 2nd ballot, Pierce..... fuck off! Nah 2nd ballot.

TD...ummmm I reserve my opinion in case somebody freaks out again.

Dirk, yes changed the game for international players. (F.U JM/DW)

Billups... maybe, not first ballot

Nash.... yea 2 MVPs
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:26 pm

But some of his team mates are kinda lazy so Bosh kinda has to pick up the slack offensively. Therefore, he isn't really able to focus on his defense as much.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:44 pm

It depends.If i really wanted Bosh to be in my team i would give his max contract but if i had another option who are close to his quality but don't have so big contracts i would consider them or either attempt to sign some of the Free Agents this off season to come

BQ:
KG-Yeah for sure,20/10 in his career,MVP winner,DPOY,4x rebound titles yeap
Allen-Yes,he would get in
Pierce-His individual skills,success would be enough to put him there,he would get in if he was prolific scorer...
Kobe-All Jordan hype,30 ppg in some seasons,he would get in there even he was only prolific scorer
Tim Duncan-Yeah,the respect is huge
Dirk Nowitzki-MVP,changed the game in some ways,yes
Chancey-Idk,he could get in
Steve Nash-2x MVP winner,yeah...
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Of course

He is on pace to be the best PF in the league in a few years. Mind u he isnt the leader Wade or Lebron is but there arent that many people to give a max contract to anyway.
I mean Boozer, Amare, and the rest of the FAs are clearly not worth investing a max contract with
Bosh is the best young big man along with Dwight Howard.

BQ: Yes to all of them except Billups Sad Billups isnt THAT talented but his leadership is the one thing that makes him so great and as proof of great leadership he got a ring with a team without superstar players
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Max contract for bosh next year is 13 million...yes id give it to him
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Dub C wrote:
no not Bosh. he definitely has the ability to be a superstar, but sometimes it just seems like the effort isn't there. he is still poor defensively and he really isn't able to be versatile, as he can only play the power forward spot. nice stats but the talent around him is actually pretty decent and he hasn't been able to do much with it. i wouldn't give him a max contract.

HOF Players:

All of them but Pierce and Billups.

How in the hell don't you consider Paul Pierce a future Hall of Fame player? The guy averaged 25 PPG in his career before KG and Allen got here (25 PPG is exactly what Kobe averages for his career). Pierce averages 23 PPG for his career as of right now. Not to mention he is 3rd all-time scorer on the Boston Celtics franchise after Larry Bird and John Havlicek as of right now. His career scoring average is only 2nd to Larry Bird in the Celtics franchise as well.

Pierce is also the only Celtics in their long history to lead the NBA in total points scored in a single season. And holds the Boston Celtics record of most 30 or more points scored in a franchise record 12 consecutive games. He is an 8x All-Star, 5x All-NBA, lead the NBA in free throws made and attempted, Finals MVP, 1X champion. Led a bunch of raggamuffins tio the ECF and ushered the greatest playoff comeback in NBA history in 1 of those games against the Nets in the ECF. Pierce is DEF a HOF player.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Yeah.. anytime your on pace to become the Celtics all time leading scorer.... you're pretty much a HOF lock.

I mean.. .the Celtics.. all time.. leading scorer. (or say he gets a career ending injury.. 3rd all time) Amazing Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? 372102
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Paul Pierce and Kobe Bryant are similar players to me,if not the same but with 2 differences,one of them plays for the Celtics and the other one plays for the Lakers,Pierce is a SF and Kobe is a SG...

Just saying random

Top 3 or as a leading scorer,damn that's great accomplishment.George Gervin is in the HOF because of his prolific scoring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?   Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you consider Bosh deserving of a max contract?
Page 1 of 1