Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo

Go down 
+3
Tar Heel
wallshingtonwizard
SO6P [KING]
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo Empty
PostSubject: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:32 am

Which two Top 10 players from the draft should the Cleveland Cavalier's select, and why?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 pm

1. Jeremy Tyler - he's a good forward center prospect a couple years ago and ditched HS for Israel. Maturity issues are a concern, but with a vet duo like Andy Varejao and Antawn Jamison over him, he should be kept in line. This is assuming they both stay in Cleveland.

2. Enes Kanter - certainly another great prospect as a forward-center. He was at UK last year but was declared ineligible, so he never got to play there. No doubt that he will go pro this year since he can't play college ball.

3. Jimmer Fredette - excellent shooter and good playcaller. Could be a new starting point guard for the CAvs

As of now, all three guys will be in the 2011 Draft. If I were a freshman, I'd stay in school because right now the draft could essentially mean no money.

I'd get Kanter and Fredette of the three guys if they were available. That makes a combo of Varejao, Jamison, and Hickson tradeable with minimal loss. I'd trade Jamison out ASAP for a wing player, keep Varejao as the starting center since a rebuilding team still needs a vet leader and Varejao is their new Z. Hickson can also be let go for the right deal.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:39 pm

I'd grab Barnes and Kanter.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Irving and T. Jones or Irving and Kanter or Kanter and T. Jones. Barnes is growing on me a bit but I like Jones more.

Norris. Cole. In the second round. Even if you take Irving in the first.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:16 pm

IMO the draft board for the Cavs should be

1. Kyrie Irving- The Cavs might have Sessions and Davis, but neither are here for the long term. Davis is old, Sessions isn't a great passer. Irving gives the Cavs a playmaker who can help guys like Hickson and a scorer who can put up pts for himself. The NBA draft has been filled with great PGs in the last few years and Kyrie is the best one available in this draft.

2. Harrison Barnes- He had a rocky start but he is a great player. Has shown he can be a real efficient scorer. With his jumper he is gonna be a great pro. Still he needs to be more aggressive to the rim. Has the most potential in the draft

3. Kanter- He is a great center prospect. Heavy body, smooth moves, great rebounder. Hard to find big men with all those traints.

4. Sullinger- Undersized version of Kanter?

5. Burks- Underrated as hell. Last two years has been putting up awesome numbers.

I'd take Kyrie and Barnes.....and if Barnes is gone Kyrie and Kanter and if Kyrie is gone Barnes and Kanter

Just please don't take Perry Jones!
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Oh yea I just want to add that the Cavs were rumored to make a trade for Hamilton+ Detroits pick near the deadline. Although it didnt pan out they could revisit in near the deadline.

Also lets not forget they still have the huge TPE they can also trade in the deadline
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Irving and Barnes would also be good. It'd be funny to see Duke's freshman star and UNC's freshman star have to play together. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 am

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Irving and Barnes would also be good. It'd be funny to see Duke's freshman star and UNC's freshman star have to play together. Very Happy

Harrison Barnes is overrated. I think Irving and Jones would be the best duo, and second would be Iriving and Kanter.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:12 pm

King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:

Harrison Barnes is overrated. I think Irving and Jones would be the best duo, and second would be Iriving and Kanter.

Do you think any player others like isn't overrated, besides the German guy whose shaft you love to work?
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:18 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:

Do you think any player others like isn't overrated, besides the German guy whose shaft you love to work?

Chris Paul is unappreciated in my opinion. He should have won MVP in '08
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:49 pm

King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:

Terrence or Perry? Cause Perry Jones sucks.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:35 pm

cbi wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:

Terrence or Perry? Cause Perry Jones sucks.

Terrence Jones is a stud, so of course I pick him.
Perry Jones reminds me too much of a raw Rashard Lewis..
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 am

New answer: nbadraftnet has the Cavs taking Derrick Williams with the 1st overall pick, Alec Burks with the 8th and Norris Cole with the 31st. THATS a damn good draft.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Chosen One wrote:
IMO the draft board for the Cavs should be

1. Kyrie Irving- The Cavs might have Sessions and Davis, but neither are here for the long term. Davis is old, Sessions isn't a great passer. Irving gives the Cavs a playmaker who can help guys like Hickson and a scorer who can put up pts for himself. The NBA draft has been filled with great PGs in the last few years and Kyrie is the best one available in this draft.

2. Harrison Barnes- He had a rocky start but he is a great player. Has shown he can be a real efficient scorer. With his jumper he is gonna be a great pro. Still he needs to be more aggressive to the rim. Has the most potential in the draft

3. Kanter- He is a great center prospect. Heavy body, smooth moves, great rebounder. Hard to find big men with all those traints.

4. Sullinger- Undersized version of Kanter?

5. Burks- Underrated as hell. Last two years has been putting up awesome numbers.

I'd take Kyrie and Barnes.....and if Barnes is gone Kyrie and Kanter and if Kyrie is gone Barnes and Kanter

Just please don't take Perry Jones!

I'd take Kyrie and Barnes as well

or maybe Kyrie and Kanter

Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:08 pm

cbi wrote:
New answer: nbadraftnet has the Cavs taking Derrick Williams with the 1st overall pick, Alec Burks with the 8th and Norris Cole with the 31st. THATS a damn good draft.

I like that combo as well

Derrick Williams is getting little bit overlooked as a top prospect, but his numbers are respectable.

Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:04 pm

cbi wrote:

This lol

Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:04 pm

How about Barnes AND Williams?

I think any combination of Williams, Barnes, and Irving would be amazing. Not sure if any of them would fall to the Clippers pick, though.

Watch them draft Sullinger. LOL
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:57 pm

You don't have Norris Cole?

scratch
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:18 am

No. He's the Cleveland State version of Allen Iverson?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:28 am

He's one of the Finalists at the Cousy award!

Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Yo Adrien! wrote:
He's a big time leader, defender, can go OFF on offense, rebounds the ball great for a 6-2 180 guy and is a pretty good passer too. Had a 40 pt, 20 rebound 9 assist game.

So better than AI Cool
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:50 pm

cbi wrote:
Yo Adrien! wrote:
He's a big time leader, defender, can go OFF on offense, rebounds the ball great for a 6-2 180 guy and is a pretty good passer too. Had a 40 pt, 20 rebound 9 assist game.

So better than AI Cool

Don't forget he's in a position to win the Cousy award as well

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo   Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Cavaliers: Best draft duo
Page 1 of 1