Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? Empty
PostSubject: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 am

What success could come about if the Knicks give the max FA contract to Chris Bosh in the 2010 off-season. Makes sense he is the pefect big to a Mike D styled team and the Knicks haven't had a premier big man, since the legendary Patrick Ewing.

Then the Knicks can sign Michael Redd on a minimum level cause he must be sick and tired of losing all these years and will have a chance to join forces with a All-star in CB4 and other promising All-star capable players that will serve as our core: Wilson Chandler, Al Harrington (vet), Ramon Sessions, Danilo Gallinari, Chris Duhon, Jordan Hill, and Toney Douglas with Redd serving as NY's 2nd offensive threat being that he is a perfect fit for a Mike D team too.

With the FA market including really big name FA's and David Lee being the underrated player that he is his name may be overlooked and with the expiring contracts we once had now gone along with only spending big bucks for Bosh and getting Redd on the cheap the Knicks can do the right thing and sign Lee for the long term. Lee will be a perfect sidekick for CB4 because he himself is an All-star calibur front court player and he gets better and better every year. He is the King of the Double-Double.

PG. RAMON SESSIONS
SG. MICHAEL REDD
SF. WILSON CHANDLER
PF. DAVID LEE
C. CHRIS BOSH
6. Chris Duhon
7. Danilo Gallinari/Al Harrington
8. Danilo Gallinari/Al Harrington
9. Jordan Hill
10. Toney Douglas
11. Darko Milicic
12. A FA, Draft pick, or some serviceable bench player acquired through trade.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 am

That does sound very good; especially for you Knicks fans.
I am still hoping though that Bosh remains a Raptor.
But that all depends on how well the Raptors do this season and if management can finally get their shizzle together this year.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 am

Thats not a bad move fore the Knicks... but I dont like Bosh at Center.

he needs to play PF
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:36 am

Bosh's primary position is PF
but the Knicks can become a playoff contender again if this happens
a couple of more good pieces and then they become championship caliber
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile

PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 am

Yeah David Lee can play C too it all depends on what Mike D sees though. Good luck in getting him RO too, hopefully he goes to NY. I have no problems with Toronto actually like them only team I can say that about in the Atlantic division and will continue to respect them even if we get Bosh from them or not. I wouldn't even mind Bosh going to Dallas cause I like them too. Only team I will have a big problem with him leaving Toronto for is Miami I will get so mad at that I can't even keep a straight face typing Bosh and Miami in the same sentence. All in all though I prefer he come to NY lol
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 am

How pissed would you be if NY didnt get anyone in 2010?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:51 am

I would be beyond pissed because without one big name FA the best the Knicks can be in 2010-2011 is what they are right now a 7-10th seed at best. Not to mention the Knicks have under Walsh have done all they can to rid themselves of the mess created by Layden and made worse by Thomas and have done a great job of it years before analysts thought it could be done, so to get no one out of it would totally suck.

Nonetheless, there are so many names so we are bound to get some.

I think that: James, Wade, Dirk, Melo, Bryant, Pierce/Allen, RJ, and JO all stay put.

Amar'e, Johnson, Redd, Bosh, J.Howard, McGrady, Boozer, and Gay are all toss ups and likely gone.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 am

Gay would be a great pick-up for the Knicks in 2010; they can certainly pay him more than Memphis and with the potential he has I think he'll be a perennial All-Star soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:02 am

Agreed Gay is a great player who can only get better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?   Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Forget LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, or any other big name superstar that are linked to the Knicks?
Page 1 of 1