Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

3rd Quarter Awards

Go down 
+7
Nick C
wallshingtonwizard
Abdu
Tar Heel
Fox News
SO6P [KING]
BNB
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

MVP: Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls

Nosh missed 31 games, Boozer has missed 18. The Bulls do not have another guard that can score the ball effectively and consistently., and Keith Bogans is the Bulls starting SG. Luol Deng, the Bulls 3rd option can be wildly inconsistent at times. Other than Korver, the Bulls really have no outside threat. But the Bulls are 2nd in the East, only 2 ½ games behind the Celtics. That’s not even looking at Rose’s stats. 24/8/4 and scores/assists on 45% of the Bulls points which ranks #1 in the league.

HM: Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic. LeBron James, Miami Heat.

DPOY: Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic

He’s just going to win it, no question about it.

HM: Tyson Chandler, Dallas Mavericks. Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee Bucks. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets.

6th Man: Lamar Odom, Los Angeles Lakers

14.5/9/3 off the bench and makes a huge difference in a game when he plays well off the bench. He also plays multiple positions.

HM: Jason Terry, Dallas Mavericks. Jamal Crawford, Atlanta Hawks.

ROY: Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers

Ummmm yeah. Even close?

HM: doesn’t matter.

MIP: I can’t pick!

HM: Kevin love, Nick Young, Russell Westbrook, Dorell Wright, Eric Gordon, etc.

COY: Tom Thibodeau, Chicago Bulls.

Nosh missed 31 games, Boozer has missed 18. The Bulls do not have another guard that can score the ball effectively and consistently, and Keith Bogans is the Bulls starting SG. Luol Deng, the Bulls 3rd option can be wildly inconsistent at times. Other than Korver, the Bulls really have no outside threat. But the Bulls are 2nd in the East, only 2 ½ games behind the Celtics. Also, as or RIGHT now, the Bulls have the best defense in the league thanks to Tom.

HM: Gregg Popovic, San Antonio Spurs. Doug Collins, Philadelphia 76ers. Monty Williams, New Orleans Hornets. McMillian, Blazers.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 am

wallshingtonwizard wrote:
King wrote:

Oh god, you are retarded

Rondo's defense is overrated
Dwight Howard's impact defensively on the Magic is HUGE!!!

Rondo isn't even the best defender on his TEAM, let alone the league retard

I'm voting for a guard to win the Defensive MVP award every year. I hate seeing a center or a power forward winning it every year because blocks and boards favor them. Every time a guard gets a shooter to miss a shot, that never counts as a stat for the defender.

So yeah, I was thrilled to see Ron Artest win it a few years back. And Dwight Howard can't guard guards unless they try to dunk on him or attempt a lay up, and Rondo can't guard Centers since he's too light, but at least with stats that we can use for a guard, Rondo has a case, though I'll concede that Dwight will win it again.

Killer Bee ™ wrote:
3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 Fugly_wax01

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?

How is Rondo gonna win or should win when he isn't even the best defender on his team? Member last time he faced Rose w/ Garnett out bro? OWNED.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:28 am

Why: He can drive like Mike, he can shoot like Mike, he can pass like Mike, he can dunk like Mike, he can defend like Mike, and he can lead like Mike.

I wish all that was true hahaha
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 am

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Why: He can drive like Mike, he can shoot like Mike, he can pass like Mike, he can dunk like Mike, he can defend like Mike, and he can lead like Mike.

I wish all that was true hahaha

I was exaggerating a little. Sorry for being snarky.

GLOSSARY:
gay/dumb term = real term

MJ = point
Love = rebound
John Wall = assist
Blatche = turnover
Stock/Stockton = steal
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:42 am

MVP: Rose. The dude is just doing so much for that team. He's made more three this year than his first two seasons combined and is getting the line more often.

DPOY... I hate just throwing in Howard. I mean he does deserve it... I like Bogut too... but he's just in and out with injures. I'll go with Howard. Rondo is a good choice too Wiz. I wish guards would get more recognition too.

6th man: Odom Odom Odom!!!! The human swiss knife. And he's been more consistent this year than the past two seasons. There is no drop-off when he comes in to sub and keeps the starters clicking and leads the second unit.

ROY: Devin Ebanks. Dude is a beast.

MIP: Eric Gordon... before his injuries Eric was just killing it every night.

COY: Coach Pop. Great job turning the Spurs into a faster paced team and integrating his players into such an unselfish team. I don't think thats something easy to pull off.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:48 am

Nick C wrote:
MVP: Rose. The dude is just doing so much for that team. He's made more three this year than his first two seasons combined and is getting the line more often.

DPOY... I hate just throwing in Howard. I mean he does deserve it... I like Bogut too... but he's just in and out with injures. I'll go with Howard. Rondo is a good choice too Wiz. I wish guards would get more recognition too.

6th man: Odom Odom Odom!!!! The human swiss knife. And he's been more consistent this year than the past two seasons. There is no drop-off when he comes in to sub and keeps the starters clicking and leads the second unit.

ROY: Devin Ebanks. Dude is a beast.

MIP: Eric Gordon... before his injuries Eric was just killing it every night.

COY: Coach Pop. Great job turning the Spurs into a faster paced team and integrating his players into such an unselfish team. I don't think thats something easy to pull off.

How the hell is Dirk not MVP? Look at his team compared to Rose.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:53 am

Dallas:

Two time Finals PG Kidd. All-Star Shawn Marion. 6th man of the year multiple time Jason Terry. Tyson Chandler in the middle. They have outside shooters, Peja, Terry, Kidd, Stevenson, J.J. Barea. And a great coach and former COY in Rick Carlisle.

What exactly do you want me to look at?

Dirk has the best team he's ever had.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:13 am

Nick C wrote:
Dallas:

Two time Finals PG Kidd. All-Star Shawn Marion. 6th man of the year multiple time Jason Terry. Tyson Chandler in the middle. They have outside shooters, Peja, Terry, Kidd, Stevenson, J.J. Barea. And a great coach and former COY in Rick Carlisle.

All of them out of their prime.
Derp.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:11 am

King wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Dallas:

Derp.

I have Dirk as my Western conference MVP. Rose as my Eastern MVP.

Overall Rose is more valuable for his team than Dirk.

Who does Rose have? Deng can be inconsistent. Noah scores because of Rose and from offensive rebounds... He can't create his own shot. Boozer gets open looks because of Rose... after that... who does Rose have? Korver? C.J. Watson?

A starting two guard that avg 3.9pts a game in Bogans.

Dallas has 9 players that avg over 8 points a game.

The Bulls have 5.

Dallas has 8 players that shoot 36% and up from 3.

Bulls have 3... and only one player that shoots better than 40% from three.

Dirk is averaging his lowest point output in 6 seasons. His worst rebounding numbers in 11 seasons. His lowest steals, and blocks since his rookie year. All the while it his best shooting percentage in his career, because he's taking the least shot attempts in ten seasons.

To me it's not because he's declining or anything... he just doesn't have to do as much because of the surrounding parts of his team.

Dirk is the engine that makes the Mavericks go because he has a great crew running other parts of the train.

Derrick Rose is the whole fucking train.

Derp.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:21 am

MVP:D-Rose
DPOY:Dwight Howard
COY:Nate McMilan
6th Man:Odom
MIP:Eric Gordon
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:06 am

Agree with everything. Most Improved I'd have to say Dorrell Wright though
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Nick C wrote:

I wish guards would get more recognition too.

I'm voting for a guard to win the Defensive MVP award every year. I hate seeing a center or a power forward winning it every year because blocks and boards favor them. Every time a guard gets a shooter to miss a shot, that never counts as a stat for the defender.

I'm with you guys.

I never really even gave it thought... but Guards almost NEVER win DPOY. last one was Gary payton, and that was 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Nick C wrote:
King wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Dallas:

Derp.

Who does Rose have? Deng can be inconsistent. Noah scores because of Rose and from offensive rebounds... He can't create his own shot. Boozer gets open looks because of Rose... after that... who does Rose have? Korver? C.J. Watson?

The Bulls have 5.

Dirk is averaging his lowest point output in 6 seasons. His worst rebounding numbers in 11 seasons. His lowest steals, and blocks since his rookie year. All the while it his best shooting percentage in his career, because he's taking the least shot attempts in ten seasons.

To me it's not because he's declining or anything... he just doesn't have to do as much because of the surrounding parts of his team.

Dirk is the engine that makes the Mavericks go because he has a great crew running other parts of the train.

Derp.
We have a winner.

P.s. Its nick.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:02 pm

How anyone finds rose more valuable to a team then dwight is beyond me...bulls would trade rose for dwight in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:04 pm

I rep 301 wrote:
How anyone finds rose more valuable to a team then dwight is beyond me...bulls would trade rose for dwight in a heartbeat.

I knew you would say something funny eventually.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Nick C wrote:
King wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Dallas:

Derp.

The Bulls have 5.

Derp.
If rose is the train then Dwight must be the government funding that paid for all that shit...
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:04 pm

I rep 301 wrote:
Nick C wrote:
King wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Dallas:

Derp.

The Bulls have 5.

Derp.
If rose is the train then Dwight must be the government funding that paid for all that shit...

Well he'll get his MVP award... it'll just say Defensive Player of the Year on the plaque instead.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:00 pm

How about Kris Humphries being mentioned for MIP?

he's playing 26.5 Minutes per game and is averaging 9.4/9.7.

that's pretty good.

He also got with Kim Kardashian..

Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:06 pm

I have to agree with you except COY. I'd give Dug Collins the edge even tho i hated him earlier this season.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Chris wrote:
I have to agree with you except COY. I'd give Dug Collins the edge even tho i hated him earlier this season.

hahaha why'd you hate him?
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Cuz he benched Iggy a lot Razz
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am

Nick C wrote:
King wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Dallas:

Derp.

The Bulls have 5.

Derp.

Check out Dirk's stats bro.
50+% shooting while averaging how many points?
Look at his team's record, which is identical w/ Bulls' record.
Which conference is tougher?
Enough said, derp.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:32 am

Chris wrote:

Iggy doesn't wanna stay in Philly Razz
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:37 am

King wrote:
Nick C wrote:
King wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Dallas:

Derp.

The Bulls have 5.

Derp.

Check out Dirk's stats bro.
50+% shooting while averaging how many points?
Look at his team's record, which is identical w/ Bulls' record.
Which conference is tougher?
Enough said, derp.

The Bulls swept your Mavericks. You basically didn't look at the facts.

Enough said.

Derp No-Winzki.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:47 am

Hahahha
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:19 pm

King wrote:
Chris wrote:

Iggy doesn't wanna stay in Philly Razz

he didn't want to when they were 3-13.. but they started winning so he's fine now.

Also, i don't thik chris cares if Iggy stays in philly or not.. since he's a celtics fan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

3rd Quarter Awards
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next