Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

3rd Quarter Awards

Go down 
+7
Nick C
wallshingtonwizard
Abdu
Tar Heel
Fox News
SO6P [KING]
BNB
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:33 pm

MVP: Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls

Nosh missed 31 games, Boozer has missed 18. The Bulls do not have another guard that can score the ball effectively and consistently., and Keith Bogans is the Bulls starting SG. Luol Deng, the Bulls 3rd option can be wildly inconsistent at times. Other than Korver, the Bulls really have no outside threat. But the Bulls are 2nd in the East, only 2 ½ games behind the Celtics. That’s not even looking at Rose’s stats. 24/8/4 and scores/assists on 45% of the Bulls points which ranks #1 in the league.

HM: Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic. LeBron James, Miami Heat.

DPOY: Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic

He’s just going to win it, no question about it.

HM: Tyson Chandler, Dallas Mavericks. Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee Bucks. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets.

6th Man: Lamar Odom, Los Angeles Lakers

14.5/9/3 off the bench and makes a huge difference in a game when he plays well off the bench. He also plays multiple positions.

HM: Jason Terry, Dallas Mavericks. Jamal Crawford, Atlanta Hawks.

ROY: Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers

Ummmm yeah. Even close?

HM: doesn’t matter.

MIP: I can’t pick!

HM: Kevin love, Nick Young, Russell Westbrook, Dorell Wright, Eric Gordon, etc.

COY: Tom Thibodeau, Chicago Bulls.

Nosh missed 31 games, Boozer has missed 18. The Bulls do not have another guard that can score the ball effectively and consistently, and Keith Bogans is the Bulls starting SG. Luol Deng, the Bulls 3rd option can be wildly inconsistent at times. Other than Korver, the Bulls really have no outside threat. But the Bulls are 2nd in the East, only 2 ½ games behind the Celtics. Also, as or RIGHT now, the Bulls have the best defense in the league thanks to Tom.

HM: Gregg Popovic, San Antonio Spurs. Doug Collins, Philadelphia 76ers. Monty Williams, New Orleans Hornets. McMillian, Blazers.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh god, you're retarded

Dirk Nowitzki is MVP
Dwight Howard is DPOTY
Lamar Odom is 6th Man
Blake Griffin is ROTY
Derrick Rose is MIP
Gregg Popovich is COY
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:43 pm

MVP: dwight howard
DPOY:dwight howard
6thman: lamarcus aldridge
MIP:nick young
COY: pop
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 pm

I rep 301 wrote:
6thman: lamarcus aldridge

too bad he starts.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 pm

..oh.so guess he doesn't count then?
/
Lamar odom
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 pm

and D-Howard as MVP? The magic are 4th in the East, and they're 17-20 against teams above .500.

I think he should be mentioned.. but not as THE mvp.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:00 pm

rose carries the offensive burden's but dwight does more on O and D. imagine that defense without dwight, would they be even close to 3rd ranked in the league? hell no! more like dead last. And imagine that team full of shooters with no dwight in the middle! rose is good but bulls are still easily playoffs without him...magic..not so much.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:00 pm

King wrote:
Oh god, you're retarded

Dirk Nowitzki is MVP
Dwight Howard is DPOTY
Lamar Odom is 6th Man
Blake Griffin is ROTY
Derrick Rose is MIP
Gregg Popovich is COY

I love how you call him retarded but agree with most of his picks.

MVP-Derrick Rose
DPOY-Dwight Howard
6th Man-Lamar Odom (I feel a little guilty about being a homer/since he's started a lot of games for us, but even so...)
ROY-Blake Griffin
MIP-Kevin Love
COY-Toss up between Popovich, Thibodeau and McMillan. Any of them could win it and I'd applaud it.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 pm

I rep 301 wrote:
rose carries the offensive burden's but dwight does more on O and D. imagine that defense without dwight, would they be even close to 3rd ranked in the league? hell no! more like dead last. And imagine that team full of shooters with no dwight in the middle! rose is good but bulls are still easily playoffs without him...magic..not so much.

they're not the 3rd ranked team. They're 4th in the East.

and idk if you missed it... but Rose scores/assists on 45% of the bulls points. Take him away... and the Bulls will struggle finding any O. it even happens when rose is on the bench for 5 minutes at times. The Bulls can't buy a basket.

The magic can live with Howard not scoring because other guys on ORL can put up points in a hurry... just look at what happened against miami... it was the 3 pointers that brought them back. Not Howard.

Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:11 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Oh god, you're retarded

Dirk Nowitzki is MVP
Dwight Howard is DPOTY
Lamar Odom is 6th Man
Blake Griffin is ROTY
Derrick Rose is MIP
Gregg Popovich is COY

MVP-Derrick Rose
DPOY-Dwight Howard
6th Man-Lamar Odom (I feel a little guilty about being a homer/since he's started a lot of games for us, but even so...)
ROY-Blake Griffin
MIP-Kevin Love
COY-Toss up between Popovich, Thibodeau and McMillan. Any of them could win it and I'd applaud it.

Dirk Nowitzki has carried and I mean CARRIED his team to second best in the TOUGH WEST.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
I rep 301 wrote:

and idk if you missed it... but Rose scores/assists on 45% of the bulls points. Take him away... and the Bulls will struggle finding any O. it even happens when rose is on the bench for 5 minutes at times. The Bulls can't buy a basket.

The magic can live with Howard not scoring because other guys on ORL can put up points in a hurry... just look at what happened against miami... it was the 3 pointers that brought them back. Not Howard.

Magic w/o Howard = Playoff team in the weak East.
Mavericks w/o Dirk = Lottery team in the tough West.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:

1. right?!?! hahaha

2. other players have won 6MOY while starting over 20 games. so not a big deal.

3. I agree, COY can go to a few guys.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
I rep 301 wrote:

third ranked defense. and i alreadyadmitted that rose aks there offense move. and no howard means no 3's
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 pm

I rep 301 wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
I rep 301 wrote:

third ranked defense. and i alreadyadmitted that rose aks there offense move. and no howard means no 3's

no howard no 3's? Yesterday Howard didn't play... Orlando went 11-22 from 3. they even outrebounded POR. They just lost cuz of a lot of dumb TO's.

and they're 4th in defense in the East. Milwaukee is 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:39 pm

shut the fuck up king...go pick a hairstyle...homo
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:46 pm

MVP: Dwight Howard
DPOY: Dwight Howard
6th Man: Lamar Odom
ROY: Blake Griffin
MIP: Kevin love
COY: Pop
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Killer Bee ™ wrote:

MVP:
1. LeBron James
2. D-Rose
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Dwight Howard
5. Kobe Bryant

those were your picks for MVP Feb. 12th. Howard jumped to 1st after 8 games?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:00 am

...obviously so...
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 am

I changed my mind about LeBron... so he fell

I don't think Rose will win MVP yet... he stayed

I don't think Dirk should be ahead of Dwight anymore... so Dwight jumps over him... I really only moved him up 1 spot

1. Dwight Howard
2. D-Rose
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. LeBron James
5. Kobe Bryant

Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 am

I REALLY don't see how Howard is MVP.

If the Magic were 2nd in the East, then I'd agree... but they havn't been consistent at all this year and havn't been able to beat good teams consistently.

Not only that, Howard can kill his team with his techs.

Stat wise, Howard is great. His D is great. and the Magic aren't a BAD team.. but he isn't MVP. I'd give it to Kobe before Howard.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:09 am

MVP: Derrick Rose, The Air
Why: He can drive like Mike, he can shoot like Mike, he can pass like Mike, he can dunk like Mike, he can defend like Mike, and he can lead like Mike.

I was gonna say LeBron was the clear runaway MVP until this recent string of losses.

Defensive MVP: Rajon Rondo, Celtics
Why: He leads the league in steals with 2.4 Stocktons a game and he averages less personal fouls a game than his Stock amounts. Most of the other Stockton leaders except for Kidd average more fouls than steals. Also is effective in masking some of Ray's defensive deficiencies too. Third, it's long overdue for a guard to win Defensive MVP. Gotta happen sooner or later.

6th Man of the Year: Jason Terry, Mavs
Why: Averages 16 MJ's, 4.3 John Walls, and two Blatches a game. Note that he's a combo guard with Jason Kidd, one of the best John Wallers out there, and he still manages to get a John Wall:Blatche ratio of better than 2:1.

Rookie of the Year: Blake Griffin, Clippers
Why: He averages 23 MJ's, 12.5 Loves and note that he also dishes 4 John Walls with Baron Davis and now Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Williams in the lineup. Averages over 50% of his shots. His John Wall:Blatche ratio is positive with change at a 1.4, and for most low post men, they have a negative John Wall:Blatche ratio. His performance in his early games quieted the Washington Wizards fanbase about their excitement over John Wall and he's just another rookie now.

Most Improved Player: Kevin Love, Timberwolves
Why: He improved in practically every positive statistical category except steals, and he averages less personal fouls. He is one of the few forwards with a positive John Wall:Blatche ratio. Is a decent 3 point shooter as well and last year he didn't use that shot quite as often. The rebound stats speak for themselves. The emergence of Love should be the link to bring Rubio to Minny next season.

Coach of the Year: Gregg Popovich, Spurs
Why: Everyone was talking about the LA Kobes winning the West with the OKD Thunder, and the Dirkus Mavericks right behind them. In the East, it's the Boston Celtics, the Miami Heatles, and the return of His Airness. Well, who is the best team in the NBA right now? None of them. It's the Spurs who sped up the offense to save Tim's energy for the Finals where they'll outrun AND outdefend you. Therefore, they're my pick to win the 2011 championship.

Clueless Player of the Year, JaVale McGee, Washington Wizards
Why: Leads the league in goaltends and basket interferences. Jumps after 90% of shots coming his way and either gets into foul trouble or gives up another two points for the other team.....

Most Regressed Player of the Year, Gilbert Arenas, Orlando Magic
Why: Arenas was one of the league's leading three point shooters and playmakers for the Wizards earlier this season. Averaged 17 MJ's, 4 Loves, and 5 John Walls. After he got a ticket to the Magic Kingdom he hasn't left Disney World! The fucker is much more inefficient in basically every category except maybe on ball defense and he's just Mickey Mouse'ing about his lack of PT. Wizards fans lost their delusional-ness after seeing that J.J. Redick outplays Arenas every game, and we now respect Redick's game after one boo just because of the Maryland Terp affiliation when before he got booed constantly.

Last edited by wallshingtonwizard on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 am

wallshingtonwizard wrote:
MVP: Derrick Rose, The Air
Why: He can drive like Mike, he can shoot like Mike, he can pass like Mike, he can dunk like Mike, he can defend like Mike, and he can lead like Mike.

I was gonna say LeBron was the clear runaway MVP until this recent string of losses.

Defensive MVP: Rajon Rondo, Celtics
Why: He leads the league in steals with 2.4 Stocktons a game and he averages less personal fouls a game than his Stock amounts. Most of the other Stockton leaders except for Kidd average more fouls than steals. Also is effective in masking some of Ray's defensive deficiencies too. Third, it's long overdue for a guard to win Defensive MVP. Gotta happen sooner or later.

6th Man of the Year: Jason Terry, Mavs
Why: Averages 16 MJ's, 4.3 John Walls, and two Blatches a game. Note that he's a combo guard with Jason Kidd, one of the best John Wallers out there, and he still manages to get a John Wall:Blatche ratio of better than 2:1.

Rookie of the Year: Blake Griffin, Clippers
Why: He averages 23 MJ's, 12.5 Loves and note that he also dishes 4 John Walls with Baron Davis and now Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Williams in the lineup. Averages over 50% of his shots. His John Wall:Blatche ratio is positive with change at a 1.4, and for most low post men, they have a negative John Wall:Blatche ratio. His performance in his early games quieted the Washington Wizards fanbase about their excitement over John Wall and he's just another rookie now.

Most Improved Player: Kevin Love, Timberwolves
Why: He improved in practically every positive statistical category except steals, and he averages less personal fouls. He is one of the few forwards with a positive John Wall:Blatche ratio. Is a decent 3 point shooter as well and last year he didn't use that shot quite as often. The rebound stats speak for themselves. The emergence of Love should be the link to bring Rubio to Minny next season.

Coach of the Year: Gregg Popovich, Spurs
Why: Everyone was talking about the LA Kobes winning the West with the OKD Thunder, and the Dirkus Mavericks right behind them. In the East, it's the Boston Celtics, the Miami Heatles, and the return of His Airness. Well, who is the best team in the NBA right now? None of them. It's the Spurs who sped up the offense to save Tim's energy for the Finals where they'll outrun AND outdefend you. Therefore, they're my pick to win the 2011 championship.

Oh god, you are retarded

Rondo's defense is overrated
Dwight Howard's impact defensively on the Magic is HUGE!!!

Rondo isn't even the best defender on his TEAM, let alone the league retard
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 am

...do not feed the troll
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 am

3rd Quarter Awards Fugly_wax01
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:24 am

King wrote:

Oh god, you are retarded

Rondo's defense is overrated
Dwight Howard's impact defensively on the Magic is HUGE!!!

Rondo isn't even the best defender on his TEAM, let alone the league retard

I'm voting for a guard to win the Defensive MVP award every year. I hate seeing a center or a power forward winning it every year because blocks and boards favor them. Every time a guard gets a shooter to miss a shot, that never counts as a stat for the defender.

So yeah, I was thrilled to see Ron Artest win it a few years back. And Dwight Howard can't guard guards unless they try to dunk on him or attempt a lay up, and Rondo can't guard Centers since he's too light, but at least with stats that we can use for a guard, Rondo has a case, though I'll concede that Dwight will win it again.

Killer Bee ™ wrote:
3rd Quarter Awards Fugly_wax01

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

3rd Quarter Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter Awards   3rd Quarter Awards Empty

Back to top Go down

3rd Quarter Awards
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next