Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)

Go down 
+8
No Longer DEAD
cbi
Fox News
wallshingtonwizard
Abdu
Darko
Teh Big O'reilly
John14
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Opinions and reasons-not needed but aprricieated

Oscar robertson
or
Micheal Jordan

First to 8,unless its a blowout
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
is everyone who answered oscar robertson being serious?!?! wtf?

I'm wondering the same thing.It's not like the Big O has big case

He has one scoring title,6-7 seasons with at least 30 points,is 10th in total points (NBA only,12 otherwise in NBA/ABA),9th in scoring average (8th overall) and he did it on an impressive 48% from field.The positive is he shot well from field in a fast paced era,which on the hand helped him to score lots of points. He had arguably the best post game ever for a guard,but still,it's not even close.Jordan wins this so easily

The highest scoring average from the Big O was 31.8 doing that twice in the playoffs.Jordan went for 40.8 points in a finals series against the Suns,if i am not wrong.Robertson was great,but Michael was just on another level.It's not even close,when you throw the things that favor MJ
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Jim Bob wrote:
yeah. Lebron plays to his strength against his opponent. He doesn't post up that much because he's faster than 98% of the league and stronger then pretty much everyone. but the occasional guy who can keep up with him on the perimeter like caron butler,he abolished in the post instead.

Lebron is still not good enough from the post,but will be
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
well 1, MJ was a great defender. It wouldn't be easy to score on him..

2. I've seen PG's get stuck guarding LBJ due to defensive confusion, and he missed the shot when he posted them up.

he's just not very good in the post... I doubt he would "put MJ in the post all day"
1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 168114 Even the best post players only convert 68% in the post. so you saw him miss some shots..big deal. Ive seen lebron take the ball into the post and just muscle guys,especially in the clutch. and I see him back down on the high right block,spin right and fade off the glass. that's become somewhat routine,now.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:33 pm

then you're one of the very few that believes he has a post game.

this year he's working on it more... but it's still not very good.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:43 pm

dwight didn't have much of a post "game" but dominated on the block. he's just strong like that..what do you want him to do? learn the sky hook? No..its not necessary..but he still is able to score effectively from the post.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Jim Bob wrote:
dwight didn't have much of a post "game" but dominated on the block. he's just strong like that..what do you want him to do? learn the sky hook? No..its not necessary..but he still is able to score effectively from the post.

If you want to win in the playoffs,it certainly is

Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:

Its certainly not.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Jim Bob wrote:

you know how I know i'm right?

we're talking about LBJ's post game and how I don't think he has one... and you bring up dwight howard being dominant down low.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:

you know how I know i'm right?

we're talking about LBJ's post game and how I don't think he has one... and you bring up dwight howard being dominant down low.
He was my example of how you could not have post moves and be effective on the block..
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Dwight howard is a 6'11 C who is freakishly athletic for his size.

you can't compare the 2.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:

Its certainly not.

Dwight Howard couldn't do nothing about the Lakers in the Finals,because he had no post game..I wanted to bring that,but i'm on an unseen stroke of naming stupid things.One bullshit after another :\

Last edited by Darko on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:01 pm

cbi wrote:

:\
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:

you can't compare the 2.
oh my god..nvm..it wasnt a comparison...
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:

Its certainly not.

Dwight Howard couldn't do nothing about the Lakers in the Finals,because he had no post game..I wanted to bring that,but i'm on an unseen stroke of naming stupid things.One bullshit after another :\
straying away from the topic. Lebron is a pg/sf..he doesnt need to post up. but when needed he can do so effectively which is why 1 on 1 lebron would take it to MJ.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:

Its certainly not.

straying away from the topic. Lebron is a pg/sf..he doesnt need to post up. but when needed he can do so effectively which is why 1 on 1 lebron would take it to MJ.

He should be

6'8 player with the tools to be great in the post:size,speed,strength,athleticism and it will really help his team as well

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:

Its certainly not.

He should be

6'8 player with the tools to be great in the post:size,speed,strength,athleticism and it will really help his team as well

yeah but he's plenty good right now...so its not really needed.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

you can't compare the 2.

then why even bring it up?

bringing up Howards post game when I'm saying LBJ doesn't really have one is pointless then.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

you can't compare the 2.

bringing up Howards post game when I'm saying LBJ doesn't really have one is pointless then.

He was trying to say that,even without a post game (Howard,until this season),he (LeBron) based on his athleticism,strength,speed will still be effective in there
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Darko wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:

Its certainly not.

He should be

yeah but he's plenty good right now...so its not really needed.

It's needed and for the Heat,it will be good call if LeBron went in the post,since they have Wade on the perimeter and from mid range,Bosh to do the work..
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Darko wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

you can't compare the 2.

He was trying to say that,even without a post game (Howard,until this season),he (LeBron) based on his athleticism,strength,speed will still be effective in there

still pointless.

Cuz I never said LBJ wasn't dominant cuz he doesn't have a post game. He's very dominant. Everything was about LBJ not having a post game..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Darko wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

you can't compare the 2.

still pointless.

Cuz I never said LBJ wasn't dominant cuz he doesn't have a post game. He's very dominant. Everything was about LBJ not having a post game..
I feel like ryan right now..your totally taking what im saying and over-thinking it to the point that it says something that it doesn't. all I said was Dwight didn't have any post moves and was still effective on the block,lebron doesn't have post moves and is still effective on the block.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Darko wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

you can't compare the 2.

still pointless.

I don't know what to say more,i give up

Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Darko wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

you can't compare the 2.

still pointless.

I feel like ryan right now..your totally taking what im saying and over-thinking it to the point that it says something that it doesn't. all I said was Dwight didn't have any post moves and was still effective on the block,lebron doesn't have post moves and is still effective on the block.

So you WERE comparing LBJ and Dwight

Comparing: to examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities or differences.

isn't that what you're doing? Saying that both of them have no post moves but are still effective?

like I said.. you can't compare the two. 6'11 C vs. 6'8 SF. who's gonna be more effective down low?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Darko wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

you can't compare the 2.

still pointless.

So you WERE comparing LBJ and Dwight

Comparing: to examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities or differences.

isn't that what you're doing? Saying that both of them have no post moves but are still effective?

like I said.. you can't compare the two. 6'11 C vs. 6'8 SF. who's gonna be more effective down low?
Im not comparing them against each other though..so whats your point about there height? lebron isnt posting up guys 6'11.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)   1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

1.Micheal Jordan vs 8.Oscar Rebertson (Johns Playoff Game)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next