Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? Empty
PostSubject: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:25 pm

First i didnt plan on writing this cause by peoples belive jordan is never wrong.
second JORDAN DOES DESERVE CREDIT,but not that much..i heard ppl saying jordan was the good player on his team.

other good player

scottie pippen:(dude gets no credit)..he everaged up to 22 shots per game,pulled down up too 8 rebounds and could ave. up to 7 assist per game, (22/8/7)<--- that is good,and he was clutch so when jprdan wasnt there he could prevail in cllutch moments,so this pler didnt suck.

horace grant:The dude could get you up to 15 points per game,and he got up two 11 rebounds per game,ave. a double double.yet he gets no credit at all (15/11) how does that sound

dennis rodman:not the bes offence but eve. up to 11 points one year,averaged up to 18.7 rebound per fkin game!...with great fg % and he was the best defender on the team lockdown defender and a uy like this scared off the best of players

they had ppl good for everything
------------------------------------
one guy ave. 1000% freethrow
one guy with a double doube
one guy gets you 18 rebounds
one guy is a lock down defender
one guy gets (22/8/7)
(jordan not mentioned)

JORDAN WAS THE BEST PLAYER AND HE DID MOST OF THE WORK AND HE WAS GREAT AND ALL but it isnt like the rest of his team was shit and he didnt do all of the work,(i hear ppl say blank could win without blank,and jordan won without anybody at all.

Last edited by john (i heart sam) on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 pm

No one ever called the rest of the team shit...

Well, atleast not on here.

You'd have to be stupid to realize Jordan had help. You don't win 6 rings without a good supporting cast. He had one of the most storied coaches ever in Phil Jackson. One of the best "sidekicks" ever in Pippen who became a great all-around player and played lockdown defense. The Bulls enver had a real go to big man in the post bu Rodman and Grant were sufficient enough for them to win 6 rings if not more had Jordan not gone on his failed baseball experiment. I dubt any user here on RBT thinks Jordan's team waa bad.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:46 pm

well true but i was in a arguement with ma bud and i decided to disscusss it on here.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:51 pm

This isn't Y!A.

Everyone here understands how much his teammates did. Most of your facts look glanced over. So this isn't a strong argument if that's what you're trying to achieve.

Star players get star treatment. Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, Russell are/were all surrounded by players that were some of the best at their respective positions.

The leader of the team gets face time with the camera, media, commercials, endorsements, love, respect, and most of all... the blame...

This isn't anything new.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Nick C wrote:
This isn't Y!A.

Everyone here understands how much his teammates did. Most of your facts look glanced over. So this isn't a strong argument if that's what you're trying to achieve.

Star players get star treatment. Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, Russell are/were all surrounded by players that were some of the best at their respective positions.

The leader of the team gets face time with the camera, media, commercials, endorsements, love, respect, and most of all... the blame...

This isn't anything new.
true..i just thought of putting this out there,

but jordan never got the blame,never.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:03 pm

john (i heart sam) wrote:
Nick C wrote:
This isn't Y!A.

This isn't anything new.

Before Jordan won his first three titles, he was blamed. Blamed for caring more about endorsements. Blamed for being a selfish scorer and a ball hog. Blamed not being able to elevate his team past the Celtics and Pistons. Blamed for not making his teammates better.

After his three titles and then retirement and then coming back to the Bulls mid season he was embraced, but there were plenty of loud voices that felt Jordan disrupted the team with his return. Also that season it was Jordan that got the ball ripped from him by Nick Anderson in the playoffs that sealed the season for Chicago. A lot of people were saying that Jordan should play second fiddle to Scottie who was a season removed and a bad call by Hue Hollins from playing the NBA Finals w/o Jordan.

So yeah... Jordan got shitted on too.

But like any great player, they overcome it.

Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Nick C wrote:
john (i heart sam) wrote:
Nick C wrote:
This isn't Y!A.

This isn't anything new.

Before Jordan won his first three titles, he was blamed. Blamed for caring more about endorsements. Blamed for being a selfish scorer and a ball hog. Blamed not being able to elevate his team past the Celtics and Pistons. Blamed for not making his teammates better.

After his three titles and then retirement and then coming back to the Bulls mid season he was embraced, but there were plenty of loud voices that felt Jordan disrupted the team with his return. Also that season it was Jordan that got the ball ripped from him by Nick Anderson in the playoffs that sealed the season for Chicago. A lot of people were saying that Jordan should play second fiddle to Scottie who was a season removed and a bad call by Hue Hollins from playing the NBA Finals w/o Jordan.

So yeah... Jordan got shitted on too.

But like any great player, they overcome it.

wow you have alot of knowledge,i thought he was always made good by the media and they always try to make him got but i was wrong
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 pm

I know some ball.

But better than that, I got to watch it firsthand. I was living in Chicago when the Bulls drafted Jordan. The fans were excited, but not at the level you'd expect from one of the best in the game. No one knew Jordan would be what Jordan became.

I remember when Rod Thorn selected Michael Jordan and said, (paraphrasing) "We think we got ourselves a good defensive small forward, who can chip in some scoring from time to time."

He went on to score 28 points a game his rookie year in a fashion I'd never seen before.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Nick C wrote:
I know some ball.

But better than that, I got to watch it firsthand. I was living in Chicago when the Bulls drafted Jordan. The fans were excited, but not at the level you'd expect from one of the best in the game. No one knew Jordan would be what Jordan became.

I remember when Rod Thorn selected Michael Jordan and said, (paraphrasing) "We think we got ourselves a good defensive small forward, who can chip in some scoring from time to time."

He went on to score 28 points a game his rookie year in a fashion I'd never seen before.

dam,nice,the only games i went to was, lakers vs warriors (i live 30 mins away) and two lakers games in la...luckly i watched kobe make a buzzer veater and everyone just went nuts in the,people were goin crazy.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Nick C wrote:
I know some ball.

YOU KNEW MICHAEL JORDAN!!!

KEWL!!
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Infinite wrote:
Nick C wrote:
I know some ball.

KEWL!!

Haha... Yeah... Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Years. Cheap ass never brought food, presents or party hats. Rolling Eyes

I did see him in practice get killed by Pippen, lose his shit, then destroy Pippen. That's the closest I'd ever been near him.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Nick C wrote:
Infinite wrote:
Nick C wrote:
I know some ball.

KEWL!!

Haha... Yeah... Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Years. Cheap ass never brought food, presents or party hats. Rolling Eyes

I did see him in practice get killed by Pippen, lose his shit, then destroy Pippen. That's the closest I'd ever been near him.

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..hella lucky
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Um..we know.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Yeah but to win a championship you need to be a good team.Sometimes 2 star players aren't enough,sometimes it is.The only one who have managed to win titles without any notable and historical names in the game of basketball are Rick Barry and Hakeem Olajuwon but as usual they get dissed out of any argument,well Barry does,Hakeem not to often

He got credit,he got blame but championships are the only thing that will make people forget.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?   Does micheal Jordan get to much credit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does micheal Jordan get to much credit?
Page 1 of 1