Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

2011 All-Star Starters

Go down 
+8
Darko
Chris
Snow.
wallshingtonwizard
BNB
Abdu
Raza
SO6P [KING]
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

2011 All-Star Starters  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 2011 All-Star Starters    2011 All-Star Starters  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

East
C-Dwight Howard
PF-Amar'e Stoudemire
SF-LeBron James
SG-Dwyane Wade
PG-Derrick Rose

West
C-Yao Ming
PF-Kevin Durant
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Kobe Bryant
PG-Chris Paul
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: 2011 All-Star Starters    2011 All-Star Starters  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Khalifa wrote:
Mo-Money wrote:
I think we're forgetting that it's fans choice of who goes to the All-Star game. Yao Ming has one of the largest populations worldwide so no doubt about it that he gets voted even if he is injured (he shouldn't have made it on the ballot though, I don't think people would be smart enough to write him in).

I think the East makes sense, and showcases the East's true talent. I think Rose has been playing amazing and with Rondo coming off the bench, thats pretty unstoppable.

West makes no sense to me overall, I know that Carmelo has such a high voting percentage since he has such a large fan base, but to me he should be coming off the bench. Chris Paul has been playing well this year, but I don't think hes outplayed D-Will, Westbrook, or Monta Ellis at his time at PG.

To me it should look a little something like this, as if it were a depth chart:

PG: Deron Williams/Russell Westbrook/Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant/Monta Ellis/Manu Ginobili
SF: Kevin Durant/Carmelo Anthony
PF: Blake Griffin/Kevin Love/Dirk Nowtizki (He was injured for a while this season)
C: NeNe (You can't expect Carmelo to do everything/Pau Gasol/Tim Duncan/

It'd be an odd team chemistry-wise, but I think it'd be a pretty sweet line up and showcases the most talented in the West without the fan vote.

Why would Nene start over Gasol/Duncan? :/
Because he's playying better...duh
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: 2011 All-Star Starters    2011 All-Star Starters  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:48 am

scratch
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: 2011 All-Star Starters    2011 All-Star Starters  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 3:39 am

@Khalifa, Nene has been playing well and is a dominant center only guy so it'd be fitting to him. Both Gasol/Duncan play a lot of PF as well, so I just thought that Nene would be a better start.

@Bulls N' Bears, well I do see him leaving, but the Nuggets [like you said] are asking way to much for him and I think that'll factor into him leaving. I have a feeling it'll be a pretty late deadline trade, could see it going into the last day where a trade is finally made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 All-Star Starters    2011 All-Star Starters  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 All-Star Starters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2