Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  Empty
PostSubject: Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?    Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Explain why you agree or why you disagree with it... I'm doing something for History class, I need opinions.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?    Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Personally, I agree. The atomic bombs killed, depending on whose estimates you use, anywhere from a little over 100,000 to 250,000 people. But by dropping those bombs, Japan surrendered. Had we not dropped the bombs and the war continued, the invasion of Japan (look up Operation Olympic and Operation Coronet) was expected to cost as many as 1 million American and 5 million Japanese lives. Also, while many civilians were killed, both cities were legitimate military targets; Hiroshima was home to the command in charge of the defense of southern Japan, while Nagasaki was either the largest or second-largest (not quite sure) port/shipyard/fleet staging area in Japan.

I'm a big history buff for the Pacific theater of WWII (I made this for National History Day: http://jetfxtech.com/ushijima/index.html), so I can also argue against their use pretty well too. Feel free to PM me if you want more info or anything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?    Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Agree with pretty much everything CAGuy said
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?    Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:40 pm

I wanted to be the first to bring up the invasion that could've killed more had we not dropped the bomb Mad

but at the same time, we shouldnt of dropped it so i would of never had to read a book on it for school. most confusing book ive ever read
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?    Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Who wouldnt agree?
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?    Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Gimme dat money! wrote:
Who wouldnt agree?

Almost half my class doesn't agree lol... IDK why... more people would've died without the use of teh bomb. Anyways thanks for the input guys.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?    Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:32 pm

fucktarded hippies...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?    Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you agree or disagree with the dropping of the atomic bomb in WW2?
Page 1 of 1