Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question

Go down 
+5
brownie13
Chosen One
wallshingtonwizard
BNB
King Of NJ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question Empty
PostSubject: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:10 pm

If you've been following this may be the worst draft in the past 10 years.

It's also going to be the Draft with a potential lockout looming.

I wonder with the potential of a lockout if that means alot of College Players that usually would declare for the Draft will stay in school instead.

But the next draft is going to be horrendous

and I wonder do you guys think with the lockout looming that more players will elect to stay in the NCAAs than normal due to the risk of a lockout
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:50 pm

well last years draft class was supposed to be amazing.. and so far the rookies this year aren't anything special. still time though. So just because it SEEMS like next years draft is gonna be bad doesn't mean it will be. Just have to wait and see.

but no, I don't think a potential lockout will effect players coming out... maybe the ones who are having average years... but a lot of guys don't wanna risk injury or go back to school and play even worse.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm going to say that a few more players will stay in college an extra year because of the draft, but there's another wild card here that could still bring guys out of school and into the pros. The overseas pro leagues.

It's possible that a number of other players who are in college right now and aren't motivated or have the desire to go to school for another year may sign contracts with European and the Chinese league for the 2011-2012 season. This option is also open anytime for any college player, man or woman for that matter. Some player at Memphis is quitting school after this semester (which probably just ended) to do just that.

However, we haven't seen too many players go this route because they don't necessarily want to be brought into a foreign country and minutes aren't guaranteed either. Look at Brandon Jennings and the kid who dropped out of high school. Neither got much playing time, and with the latter guy, he probably hurt his draft stock. The women's college programs are vulnerable to this too, but with women getting paid less than men and also the foreign issues, players haven't been quitting school to go pro unless they're pushed in a corner. Epiphanny Prince left a year early to play in Europe after three years at Rutgers, and is now in the WNBA after that year passed.

At the end of the day, I say that more players will stay in school for one more year than usual assuming the CBA still looks unpromising during the all star break. Thus the 2011 Draft should have more seniors being drafted in earlier positions than usual, kind of like 2006 was. The 2012 class will look iffy depending on what the eligibility age will be...
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:17 am

The one year Cleveland does bad too :/

Ah well there are still some good looking players coming out of the draft like Sullinger Smile Walker and the 2 Jones (although I doubt either of them have a lot of potential)

I was hoping to see Knight come on as a really good player since he plays for coach cal, but so far his passing game is horrendous!

And it also sucks that Irving, the only real big time player, got injured and might not go for the draft this year (also being part of Duke plays in that too)
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Too early to decide. At some point in every draft, there's the thought that it won't be very good. We won't know until next season.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 pm

I think Sullinger from Ohio State.I think he's the best player from the draft
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Zeller!
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:10 pm

I think a lot more will stay and play for their college team or go to a European league like somebody said up there. The thing is, the college basketball season hasn't really reached its peak. We ended up seeing a lot of guys really take over and do well for there team last year during March Madness. I think that this year will have the worst draft in the past 10 years, but some good talent could come of it. If a lockout is really what is going to happen, then I think a lot more guys will stay in college ball.
Back to top Go down
Quality
College Baller
College Baller
Quality

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Sucks for a lot of them, but this is what it is. The lockout might make some stock drop, if they have a great year this year - but could also be a blessing for guys like Irving and Barnes. I think a lot of freshmen should decide to stay another year and wait and see what happens with the lockout.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question   The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2011 NBA Draft plus an additional question
Page 1 of 1