Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Which Player would you choose?

Go down 
+10
Darko
Saeed
Straight Edge Bluntness
No Longer DEAD
Justin
brownie13
cbi
Fox News
BNB
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which player would you choose?
Player 1
Which Player would you choose? Vote_lcap53%Which Player would you choose? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Player 2
Which Player would you choose? Vote_lcap47%Which Player would you choose? Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Which Player would you choose? Empty
PostSubject: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:16 pm

Pretend neither player has rings and neither have ever played in the playoffs.

Player 1 career stats- 25 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 3.6 APG, .8 BPG, 1.4 SPG, .516% shooting.

OR

Player 2 career stats-21.4 PPG, 11.7 RPG, 3.2 APG, 2.7 BPG, .8 SPG, .501% shooting.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:17 pm

player 1.

OFFENSE> DEFENSE

You can easily TEACH a great offensive player defense. It's VERY difficult to teach a defensie player offense

Last edited by THE BOSS OF DC-VISA187 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:18 pm

player two is a bit more productive wit his blocks and rebounds, and assuming these are both big men(they are judging from stats) I take player two.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:21 pm

player 2 assuming both are F/C. He rebounds better and blocks more shots. he probably saves more than those 4 points in the course of a game.
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:33 pm

I would take Player 1 because i'd rather him score more points and assists because those are more important than blocks
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Justin wrote:
I would take Player 1 because i'd rather him score more points and assists because those are more important than blocks
assists with a big man are more important than blocks and rebounds?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Duncan over Malone any day.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Player 1 is Karl Malone, Player 2 is Tim Duncan. Yes I figured that out Razz.

Since I know who both players are now, I choose player 1 (Karl Malone) because since neither has a ring, Player 1 is better judging by his stats.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:36 pm

West Coast Bias wrote:
Duncan over Malone any day.
I KNEW it was two players...

I just couldn't figure it out..
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Sweet, I voted for player two (I am not lying; admins can even check and confirm if they like Razz) so my Spurs bias did not play a factor in my opinion. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:40 pm

how do we know you didn't vote until AFTER WCB came out with the players?

Hmm?

lol jk
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:43 pm

Cavs Browns Indians wrote:
how do we know you didn't vote until AFTER WCB came out with the players?

Hmm?

lol jk

Haha, that could very well be true but I honestly did vote before WCB spilled the beans about the players' identities. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:30 pm

THE BOSS OF DC-VISA187 wrote:
player 1.

OFFENSE> DEFENSE

You can easily TEACH a great offensive player defense. It's VERY difficult to teach a defensie player offense

"Defense wins championships".........Great offensive players rarely play good defense.
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:55 pm

I didn't see he comments before I voted, but If it was Karl Malone, man he is crazy good. I didn't see him play though Sad
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:18 pm

player 1.

OFFENSE> DEFENSE

If you have bad defense (whether or not the offense is good), the opposing team will score on you over 90% of the time. If you have good defense and work on your offense, you will have balanced, and win. Yet like Blazers Dolphins Oilers says, "are you just going to let the other team get abucket to get the ball back?"
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Defense>Offense,Duncan's defense is rated as one of the greatest that the league ahs ever seen and yet he's underrated

I take Duncan because of his defense and plus smart shot selection
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Jordan (considerably the GOAT, dont mess with this AW Razz) had amazing defense (alhough Pippen was better at it Razz). He still had amazing defense. Magic, had great defense (not DPOY great or anything, but he had great defense), same with Robertson. And then you have Chamberlain, Duncan, Jabbar, Russell, Olajuwon, Bryant, O'Neal, Baylor, Bird, West, and all these greats who were great defensive players. Which is better, Tim Duncan and KG or Dirk? TD or KG would win, they are all around greatness
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Oh snap! That's duncan over malone!!!! I would choose Malone than... Because he gets more points. Like the first guy said OFFENSE > DEFENSE
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Defense>Offense

Sorry to say that but Russell,the best defender in the NBA had good offense,Hakeem was great defender and he had good offense,MJ,Magic,Kareem,Roberston,Duncan,Shaq....yes all of them
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:35 pm

I would choose player 2 cause the blocked shots stat stands out

Still in reality when comparing duncan and malone stats are kinda useless and dont really give us a feel for both of them.

Its hard to know tht duncan has better post defence,malone is a better pick&roll player,duncan is a better post player,etc.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Duncan's defense is by far better,he's a lot better at rebounding,shot blocking and post scoring.Malone had a good PG to make him look great,Timmy made all around him better.He's a winner in his DNA

I take defense>offense so Duncan
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:42 pm

In all honesty duncan is one of the best defenders of all time,better leader/teammate and one of the greatest post scorers.

Malone is one of the best scorers,pick and roll player,athletic player.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 am

Malone is a pick n'rolll player who can;t be good without a dominating PG in his team
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Darko wrote:
Malone is a pick n'rolll player who can;t be good without a dominating PG in his team

HAHA...Is this a joke? Malone would be no good without a dominating PG? No way. He had great post moves and high bball IQ. He would do just fine wihout dominating PG
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Darko wrote:

HAHA...Is this a joke? Malone would be no good without a dominating PG? No way. He had great post moves and high bball IQ. He would do just fine wihout dominating PG

I think Malone was a terrific player and scorer. He was a master and getting space to hit his signature 16 foot fall away jumper. The guy was 6-9, and a deadly mid-range shooter. But if a guy committed to his jumper he could easily blow by them or back them down into the paint for 2.

Malone is a great player, one of the best PFs ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Player would you choose?   Which Player would you choose? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Player would you choose?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next