Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?

Go down 
+7
VP
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
No Longer DEAD
Justin
cbi
YS
11 posters
AuthorMessage
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? Empty
PostSubject: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Since many people think Timmy Duncan is the best PF ever right now (even I do...btw)
I was wondering how your rating would change if Malone won a ring....
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Ehh.. probably if Malone got a ring.. or two.

I mean.. I don't think you can be the best at anythuing in basketball without a ring.
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Malone and even without the ring I actually still say Malone
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Yeah I would choose him as the best PF of All-Time, but I already do call him that so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:41 pm

He's already #2 on my list of the all-time best PF's. A ring would probably lift his status in my eyes, but Tim Duncan would retain the top spot. Malone was incredible, but Duncan has the better all around game. He is a better rebounder and defender than Malone, and he has better moves around the basket. Malone had a great short J and could finish the break with the best of them, but Duncan is tops.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:10 pm

It would help his case a bit but I still would choose Tim Duncan as the best PF nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:14 pm

Pshh. Because you're a Spurs fan Razz.

But seriously, I'd take 31 and 11 (Karl Malone) over 25 and 12 (Tim Duncan) any day, any time.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Hahaha, I still choose Duncan though - he is a much more complete player; sometimes scoring is overrated. Iverson has won multiple scoring titles but that is it...he isn't considered one of the greatest NBA players ever. Duncan can maintain consistent stats throughout his tenure in the NBA and he has had a greater impact on his team. The Spurs went from one of the worst teams in the league to a dynasty under Duncan's leadership.

Yes, I will admit that there is a bit of Spurs bias in my answer but I gonna go with my boy Timmy D as the best PF of all time. Razz
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Karl Malone averaged at least 20 PPG every year in his career except his first and last year (which is 16 seasons btw) and his career averages are 25 and 10, just two rpg below Tim Duncan's best year (which was 25 and 12 in 01-02).

At least next time you make your answer biased, don't make it so obvious lol... *cough* your name *cough* Razz.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:30 pm

He would be number two. His numbers are great, but he isn't as good a rebounder or as consistent. Duncan floor presence while not loud and obvious like Kevin Garnett's is one of the reasons for the 4 championships that he has. While Malone would probably have two if it weren't for Michael Jordan and the Bulls, there were other seasons they could have made the Finals and won. Spurs got there 4 times in 9 years, very impressive to keep that kind of consistency over that period.
Back to top Go down
VP
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
VP

Male Posts : 517

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 am

It's still Duncan. More rings, and much more skilled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:34 am

Honestly No. Even though he was a great player, he played beside one of the greatest PGs to ever play the game, so that raised his statistics by more than a lot. And Stockton was one of the best passers in the history of the NBA.

Some People will argue well Timmy D has Manu and Tony, but could any of them ever dish the ball like Stockton?? I think not. Duncan is the most fundamentally sound in the history of the NBA, and Duncans overall skill level is much higher.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:57 am

Like Rob said, he had John Stockton.

Who would get more credit for the rings, Stockton or Malone?

Tim Duncan would still be the best
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:38 am

No,Duncan would still be the best PF.He's more complete,is more skilled,has better fundamentalls,is better rebounder,shot blocker and defender.Plus his resume would be better

Malone would still to a verge of #5/#6 spot in my list.He played with one of the greatest passers and PG's in the league's history Stotckhon,what did he acomplished without him?Nothing

Timmy is the greatest PF of all time
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:27 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Honestly No. Even though he was a great player, he played beside one of the greatest PGs to ever play the game, so that raised his statistics by more than a lot. And Stockton was one of the best passers in the history of the NBA.

Some People will argue well Timmy D has Manu and Tony, but could any of them ever dish the ball like Stockton?? I think not. Duncan is the most fundamentally sound in the history of the NBA, and Duncans overall skill level is much higher.

Very great point Ron.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Eh...I'd still go with Tim Duncan, even if Malone had gotten a ring. I cosign with what Ron Burgundy said; in many ways, Malone was great because of Stockton.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:31 pm

TD had David Robinson to mentor him most of his career.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:44 pm

No cause duncan is more of a complete player,better leader/teammate and stockton had a really great pg in stockton to make him beter
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:29 pm

No doubt it's Timmy

He's followed by guys like

#2 KG
#3 Petit,Hayes
#4 Barkley
#5 Nowitzki
#6 Malone
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Darko, if you get all your facts based on YouTube mixes then I don't know how accurate your list is...
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Darko wrote:
No doubt it's Timmy

#2 KG
#3 Petit,Hayes
#4 Barkley
#5 Nowitzki
#6 Malone

I still think malone should be number 2....
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:40 pm

The Chosen One wrote:
Darko wrote:
No doubt it's Timmy

#2 KG
#3 Petit,Hayes
#4 Barkley
#5 Nowitzki
#6 Malone

I still think malone should be number 2....

Malone had a great PG to make him look good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?   If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever? Empty

Back to top Go down

If Karl Malone won a ring......who would you choose as the best PF ever?
Page 1 of 1