Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Raps beat Celtics!

Go down 
+8
King Of NJ
brownie13
Raza
Chris
Fox News
Mo
Abdu
Straight Edge Bluntness
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Apparently, KG trash talked alot during this match up...I bet he wished he put his foot in his mouth since the Raps won in a very close game!

Bargnani had 29 points...big ups to him for stepping up in this match.
He was aggressive and I liked that he did not only settle for outside shots since he is very much capable of scoring inside.

And damn, Weems made a tough shot towards the end of the game that blew my mind...check the highlights on NBA.com...quite entertaining.

and wow, they actually won without Jack who is like their hustle player.
Good win for the Raps...especially since it was against the Celtics.

btw, Allen's three pointers were tripping me out haha.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Lulz Celtics sukk
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Did this trade they made actually benefit them?!
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Who cares?

Gilbert arenas had 19 pts and 16 ast with only 1 to
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:53 am

Rondo didn't play.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:14 am

5 star Baller wrote:
Who cares?

you mean 6 to's?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:00 am

5 star Baller wrote:
Who cares?

Lol @ 1 turnover
He had 6
Was 1-8 from three point land
And lost the game
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:42 am

The Fantastic Five wrote:
Rondo didn't play.

+1

I thought the Celtics are what made Rondo?

Nate Robinson didn't even play poorly. He just wasn't Rondo.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:41 am

I want him to miss this game too to make some conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Raza wrote:
5 star Baller wrote:
Who cares?

Lol @ 1 turnover
He had 6
Was 1-8 from three point land
And lost the game
16 ast 6 to's is an amazing ratio...soo..yeh and he had to take like 5 consecutive 3's in like 2 mins to get us back in the game..only made 1 :/
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:39 pm

I don't care who did or didn't play. The Raptors beat the Celtics enough said. The Raptors won because the played better the Celtics have enough that without Rondo they should be able to beat the Raps.

Raps have been gritty this year despite not having alot of talent. Gotta commend them for playing hard. I thought they'd be the worst team in the NBA this year. They've beaten the Magic on the road, and Celtics at home also pushed the Heat and Lakers on the road to the limit despite not having alot of talent
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:36 pm

King Of NJ wrote:
I don't care who did or didn't play. The Raptors beat the Celtics enough said. The Raptors won because the played better the Celtics have enough that without Rondo they should be able to beat the Raps.

Raps have been gritty this year despite not having alot of talent. Gotta commend them for playing hard. I thought they'd be the worst team in the NBA this year. They've beaten the Magic on the road, and Celtics at home also pushed the Heat and Lakers on the road to the limit despite not having alot of talent

Well said brotha. Raps beat Celtics! 372102
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Yo Adrien! wrote:
The Fantastic Five wrote:
Rondo didn't play.

+1

I thought the Celtics are what made Rondo?

Nate Robinson didn't even play poorly. He just wasn't Rondo.

TRUE THAT.

+1 for Chris +1 for Ryan.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:37 pm

he gets 14.2 assists!! Wow, i cant believe how biased you are you rondo biased-er fan. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 pm

King Of NJ wrote:

I don't think someone discredited Raptors win.

In bold = That's what is concerning me.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 pm

King Of NJ wrote:

+2
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:43 pm

hahaha this is funny. When I first saw this thread, I was just waiting for someone to bring up Rondo. Not surprisingly, it was chris, then ryan and sk came in.

The Celtics lost 1 game without rondo by 1 point. How many games have they lost with him by more than 1 point? It’s just one game, get over yourselves. Last year the Celtics beat a better Raptors team without Rondo.. does that mean Rondo isn’t AS important cuz they won without him? No. So just cuz they lose one game without him doesn’t mean that they can’t function without him.

And Ryan.. don’t you just LOVE the +/- stat?

Let’s look at the game..

Celtics Starting line-up:
KG +15
Ray Allen +3
Paul Pierce +19
Nate Robinson +20
Shaq + 11

Seems to me that the Celtics starting line-up played just fine witout Rondo in there. It was the Celtics bench that struggled. Not the starters.

So why did the Celtics lose the game? Raptors C’s/PF’s had 55 points. Celtics C’s/PF’s? 32 points. Surprisingly, the raptors dominated down low. Even if Rondo played, it’s not like he would have changed that part of the game cuz he doesn’t play C or PF unfortunately. would they have had a better chance at winning the game if Rondo was there? obviously. Every team would have a better chance at winning a game if they were 100% healthy.

@Chris.

“I want him to miss this game too to make some conclusions”

are you serious? Rondo misses one game and the Celtics lose by one and you want him to miss another game and you want the Celtics to struggle so you can prove that Rondo is VERY important to the team? If you are a true fan of any team, you should never want them to struggle.. if anything, you should want them to play amazing to prove that they can win even when they’re not 100% healthy. Like Dewan is doing with the Thunder. He’s happy that they’re winning without Durant and Green. I doubt he would be satisfied if they were struggling just so he can prove to people how important Durant is to the team.

-----

You know.. I actually do hope Boston loses tonight. I really wanna see you guys come in here and be like “Celtics are 0-2 without Rondo!! That means Rondo is the MVP cuz they need him to win!! MVP MVP MVP!!

Last year the Celtics were 10-11 when either Paul pierce or KG missed a game. Rondo played in 20 of those games. The one he, PP and KG missed, the celtics won. Why couldn’t Rondo keep the Celtics above .500 when they were out?

All this is saying is that everyone on this Celtics is equally important to that team.. So get the fuck off Rondo’s nuts and stop acting like he is God playing PG. Especially after 1 GAME. If he misses the rest of the season and the Celtics miss the playoffs while everyone else is healthy, then I could see why people would say they NEED rondo. But it’s one fuckin game and they lost by 1 point.

Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
hahaha this is funny. When I first saw this thread, I was just waiting for someone to bring up Rondo. Not surprisingly, it was chris, then ryan and sk came in.

The Celtics lost 1 game without rondo by 1 point. How many games have they lost with him by more than 1 point? It’s just one game, get over yourselves. Last year the Celtics beat a better Raptors team without Rondo.. does that mean Rondo isn’t AS important cuz they won without him? No. So just cuz they lose one game without him doesn’t mean that they can’t function without him.

And Ryan.. don’t you just LOVE the +/- stat?

Let’s look at the game..

Celtics Starting line-up:
KG +15
Ray Allen +3
Paul Pierce +19
Nate Robinson +20
Shaq + 11

Seems to me that the Celtics starting line-up played just fine witout Rondo in there. It was the Celtics bench that struggled. Not the starters.

So why did the Celtics lose the game? Raptors C’s/PF’s had 55 points. Celtics C’s/PF’s? 32 points. Surprisingly, the raptors dominated down low. Even if Rondo played, it’s not like he would have changed that part of the game cuz he doesn’t play C or PF unfortunately. would they have had a better chance at winning the game if Rondo was there? obviously. Every team would have a better chance at winning a game if they were 100% healthy.

@Chris.

“I want him to miss this game too to make some conclusions”

are you serious? Rondo misses one game and the Celtics lose by one and you want him to miss another game and you want the Celtics to struggle so you can prove that Rondo is VERY important to the team? If you are a true fan of any team, you should never want them to struggle.. if anything, you should want them to play amazing to prove that they can win even when they’re not 100% healthy. Like Dewan is doing with the Thunder. He’s happy that they’re winning without Durant and Green. I doubt he would be satisfied if they were struggling just so he can prove to people how important Durant is to the team.

-----

You know.. I actually do hope Boston loses tonight. I really wanna see you guys come in here and be like “Celtics are 0-2 without Rondo!! That means Rondo is the MVP cuz they need him to win!! MVP MVP MVP!!

Last year the Celtics were 10-11 when either Paul pierce or KG missed a game. Rondo played in 20 of those games. The one he, PP and KG missed, the celtics won. Why couldn’t Rondo keep the Celtics above .500 when they were out?

All this is saying is that everyone on this Celtics is equally important to that team.. So get the fuck off Rondo’s nuts and stop acting like he is God playing PG. Especially after 1 GAME. If he misses the rest of the season and the Celtics miss the playoffs while everyone else is healthy, then I could see why people would say they NEED rondo. But it’s one fuckin game and they lost by 1 point.

Summary: I <3 Rose and if somebody talks about Rondo's importance I'm going to write a story about how a loss to Toronto without Rondo means nothing :/

I didn't even really say what the Celtics issue was for last night's game other than missing Rondo. I wasn't specific. But just in case:

Don't you know that Rondo plays 40 minutes a game? Don't you know that means he's out there with the second unit a lot? Don't you see that the ENTIRE second unit had a big long bad stretch? The starting line-up did play well (they really should, it's Toronto), but clearly, the bench was lost.

@ Chris, I haven't looked yet, but you want him to miss another game?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:57 pm

"I <3 Rose and if somebody talks about Rondo's importance I'm going to write a story about how a loss to Toronto without Rondo means nothing :/
" :LMFAO:
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:05 pm

hahahaha!! ur a fuckin idiot, Ryan. SERIOUSLY.

and talk about writing stories... you'll write a fuckin novel on what you think is write when it fact it's just bullshit.

How many times have you tried using the players I like against me? Has it ever worked? no... Like when you told me the only reason I was "hating" on jennings was because everyone was "fawning over Jennings while Rose was playing shitty." But wasn't I also the one was talking shit about Rose at the time while "fawning over Jennings?" yes. So.... fail on your part there.. and here to. I care about the Bulls more than any player on the Bulls. I just want them to win with or without Rose. If rose wasn't even in the TOP 10 PG's and we were winning, I wouldn't care. That's all I'm about.. winning. I also happen to think Rondo is a great PG. I just don't overrate him like you do. Sorry.

you are all about nut hugging and jumping on bandwagons...along with your biased bullshit. So just shut the fuck up.. please.

and I'm surprised you actually have a little fight in you. Has Jade finally allowed you to speak? Laughing

Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
hahahaha!! ur a fuckin idiot, Ryan. SERIOUSLY.

and talk about writing stories... you'll write a fuckin novel on what you think is write when it fact it's just bullshit.

How many times have you tried using the players I like against me? Has it ever worked? no... Like when you told me the only reason I was "hating" on jennings was because everyone was "fawning over Jennings while Rose was playing shitty." But wasn't I also the one was talking shit about Rose at the time while "fawning over Jennings?" yes. So.... fail on your part there.. and here to. I care about the Bulls more than any player on the Bulls. I just want them to win with or without Rose. If rose wasn't even in the TOP 10 PG's and we were winning, I wouldn't care. That's all I'm about.. winning. I also happen to think Rondo is a great PG. I just don't overrate him like you do. Sorry.

you are all about nut hugging and jumping on bandwagons...along with your biased bullshit. So just shut the fuck up.. please.

and I'm surprised you actually have a little fight in you. Has Jade finally allowed you to speak? Laughing

wah wah wah

YAWN

its been a year, and idk the last time jade was here.

but lets get personal
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:13 pm

she seems to always pop up on the guest list.. so she kinda IS here.

Glad to see that you aren't denying the fact that you're fuckin pathetic though. Unless you don't think you are and you're in denial?

Come on, Ryan... you can do much better. I believe in you. Talk some shit and make it good. Unless you don't want to.. because you'll be doing what I want you to do... but you're pretty good at doing things people want you to do, right? so this should be no problem for you.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
she seems to always pop up on the guest list.. so she kinda IS here.

Glad to see that you aren't denying the fact that you're fuckin pathetic though. Unless you don't think you are and you're in denial?

Come on, Ryan... you can do much better. I believe in you. Talk some shit and make it good. Unless you don't want to.. because you'll be doing what I want you to do... but you're pretty good at doing things people want you to do, right? so this should be no problem for you.

last i knew...when users aren't signed in, you have to check the IP to know who it is...stalker much?

why do you always bring up her name? it was a crush, and you need to get over it.

when im arguing with you, im tryna talk basketball. not so much the case with you though, obviously. everytime, it comes to this, huh? whatever. if you want to argue basketball, leave jade and personal things out of it. like i already said, when's the last time jade was here?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:27 pm

no. when a guest visits, it shows right? every time I'm on, I always check the map to see who the guests are. Funny how she's a guest most of the time your on though. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

You are pathetic. you can't seem to decide things for yourself. you seem to be a follower... trying to do things just to make other's happy..trying to be part of the "in" crowd online cuz maybe you aren't in person? [idk]. I seem to like picking on people like you...

Part of what makes you pathetic is the fact that you ARE IN LOVE with someone online. So why not bring that up? I'm sure someone would use it against me and I wouldn't blame them.. unles sI was in denial about it.

I already said it.. I was pretty fuckin dumb for having an online crush.. IDK what the fuck I was thinking. Not ashamed to admit it though.

You seem to just take it. Do you like it when people shit all over you and you just sit there and take it? Do you have ANY pride?

I sure hope you do.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:34 pm

It's not rocket science to figure out that the Celts pass the ball better with Rondo.

The C's had 17 assists total vs Raptors.

Only 3 more than what Rondo averages by himself.

And not by much, but the Celtics shot below their average FG%.
And same, not by much, but with 3pt%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raps beat Celtics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raps beat Celtics!   Raps beat Celtics! Empty

Back to top Go down

Raps beat Celtics!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next