Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball

Go down 
+3
Saeed
Fox News
wallshingtonwizard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball Empty
PostSubject: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 pm

http://www.thirdage.com/news/kye-allums-become-1st-transgender-athlete-play-ncaa-basketball_11-3-2010

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=5758450

On the other side of the White House in Wallshington, DC, a junior on the women's basketball team has identified herself to be a man (from now on she'll be referred to as a he). Kye Allums, a starting forward for the Colonials has announced that he is a man, and would like to live as one and intends on going through hormone therapy, etc. According to one report, Allums thought about joining the men's basketball team. For competitive purposes however, since Allums is biologically a woman, he agreed with the NCAA and the university not to undergo such therapy until after his senior season.

I respect Kye's decision and at least in the open, GW has been supportive. This could also be fodder on women's sports too, but most women, even if they're gay do not want to be men.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:07 pm

unfare
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:10 pm

That tall-ass girl with like 349334023489 blocks per game from Baylor, I think it was, looks to me as a man.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:58 pm

That is pretty awesome.
And I thought someone who is an FTM or MTF was called "transsexual" rather than "transgendered" but anyway...

Also, I wonder if he was pressured or asked nicely to hold off on the surgery until later on? The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball 67163

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 pm

how in any way is that awesome? please...lemme hear it...

and there both wierd as fuck..dont matter what u call it Neutral

Last edited by Cornelius J. Summers on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:13 pm

I'm confused, this person still have a penis?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Cornelius J. Summers wrote:

It's history in the making and paving the way for future transgendered/transexuals to play in the NCAA and potentially the NBA in the future as well.

I think its great that someone is so open about their sexual orientation and not afraid to let the public know. I gotta give him props for that.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Soy Milk wrote:

It's history in the making and paving the way for future transgendered/transexuals to play in the NCAA and potentially the NBA in the future as well.

I think its great that someone is so open about their sexual orientation and not afraid to let the public know. I gotta give him props for that.
If she wants to be a man shouldshould have to play with men...thats what i think...and trans gendered people just want attention and its not right...at all. :SMH:
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Soy Milk wrote:

If she wants to be a man shouldshould have to play with men...thats what i think...and trans gendered people just want attention and its not right...at all. :SMH:

wants attention? elaborate on that.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 pm

cbi wrote:

No, the player is a woman, born as a woman, raised as a woman, but the woman identifies herself as a man and then I changed to referring the woman as a man. Transgendered means someone who biologically is one sex but chooses to live as a member of the opposite sex and identifies as such.

Transsexual is someone who actually changes his/her parts to the opposite sex
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Soy Milk wrote:
Soy Milk wrote:

whats to eleborate?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:34 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
cbi wrote:

No, the player is a woman, born as a woman, raised as a woman, but the woman identifies herself as a man and then I changed to referring the woman as a man. Transgendered means someone who biologically is one sex but chooses to live as a member of the opposite sex and identifies as such.

Oooh. So its just a girl who believes they are a guy? Thats fine I guess.
I dont think itd be fair if they were born a dude.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Soy Milk wrote:
Soy Milk wrote:

whats to eleborate?

Elaborating is giving more information..

For ex:
Can you elobarate means can you tell me moew

:study: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball 304685
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:36 pm

thanx john..she uses the biggest of words The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball 902265
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:38 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
cbi wrote:

True that.
Thanks for the clarification.

and Visa, there must be a reason as to why you assume transgendered/transexual persons are looking for attention. So elaborate on that please.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Its no coincidence Most dikes are ugly....they change there sex cuz they cant get a dude so they figure there chances are better of getting a lesbian becaus elesbians like women(ofcourse) but manly women..all that " im a man at heart" stuff is dirt...all dikes and tranny should be forked with a giant fork! nobody has morals anymore.... we live in a world where "everything is ok" and thats bullshit...cuz this aint...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Its no coincidence Most dikes are ugly....they change there sex cuz they cant get a dude so they figure there chances are better of getting a lesbian becaus elesbians like women(ofcourse) but manly women..all that " im a man at heart" stuff is dirt...all dikes and tranny should be forked with a giant fork! nobody has morals anymore.... we live in a world where "everything is ok" and thats bullshit...cuz this aint...

Unfortunate that someone who is different (with regards to race) is making comments like that. The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball 853558
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:04 pm

skin color

sex change

bigggg difference. Racism has turned black people ignorant...always standing up for people when you KNOW deep i n your heart this isnt what you stand for...no offense.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 pm

You stand up for people because you feel like there in a similiar situation black people once were (slavery..being told what to do and what not to do)..kinda like why you vote democrat...cuz ur black.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm

cbi wrote:
thewiz06 wrote:
cbi wrote:

Oooh. So its just a girl who believes they are a guy? Thats fine I guess.
I dont think itd be fair if they were born a dude.

Yeah, his intention to go through hormone therapy (and I assume surgery) would likely be an NCAA violation, so good call by GW and Allums by making this clear. There aren't many transsexuals who are of college age since you need money to change parts and all, but likely more transgendered people, so this sets a precedent for other students who play sports but identify themselves of the opposite sex. So other women biologically who identify themselves as men probably can't do hormone therapy and men who identify themselves as women also have the same requirement.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:34 pm

You stand up for people because you feel like there in a similiar situation black people once were (slavery..being told what to do and what not to do)..kinda like why you vote democrat...cuz ur black.

Exactly.

Black people and transgendered/transexual experience oppression based on them being different (which is a no-no in Western society) therefore; even though black and transgendered/sexual persons experience completely different forms of oppression; they are still members of the marginalized group. Hence why I say its important to support other oppressed groups since some of us who may be marginalized due to whatever differences could somehow relate with one another and work together to end oppression of all forms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball   The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball Empty

Back to top Go down

The George Washington University to have the first transgendered player in NCAA women's basketball
Page 1 of 1