Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS! Empty
PostSubject: Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS!   Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS! EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 pm

http://www.wnba.com/mystics/news/mystics_101002.html

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!

The Mystics apparently did not renew the contract of their GM, Angela Taylor, who helped re-construct the moribund team to two straight playoff berths in 2009 and 2010, and the 2010 Eastern Conference Regular Season Championship. She also was key in bringing PG and a former College National POY Lindsey Harding, WNBA legend and former Buckeye great Katie Smith, and the Head Coach, another former Ohio State great in Julie Plank. All we know is that Taylor said on her twitter account that money was not a reason why she's out.

Aside from this blemish, this weekend was a GREAT for Ted Leonsis:

1. The Caps had their Fan Fest yesterday in DC. Was a beast! Sure, I had to pay to get in, since I don't have season tickets, but hey, over 7,000 came to see Ovie, Backstrom, Mike Green and company!

2. The Wizards wrapped up training camp today at George Mason with their own Fan Fest. I went there too. This was free to the public, since after all, the Wizards are coming off the worst season in franchise history. It was also great, since we got to see a scrimmage between Black and White Teams. Yi Jianlian and Nick Young highlighted the black squad. Dray and John Wall highlighted the white team. In short, I thought Jianlian had a hell of a performance, making a couple alley oop dunks and once scored 8 straight points. John made a couple threes and hopefully his shot will continue to develop over the next few years, and got a crazy 360 or 540 degree layup in before the end of the 2nd scrimmage. That got me off my seat!

An international Chinese school brought about 100 students over to the Patriot Center, and they were going wild for Jianlian as he made some plays. After the scrimmage was over, he walked over to them and thanked them for attending.

And the Mystics issue is under the rug? From management?

I know it's the WNBA, but one thing that I like about Ted is that he's vocal and transparent about each of his teams. He also has pledged that he wouldn't treat all three teams equally. He's got to say something about this soon, wonder what his take is... I have three reasons why Angela left the Mystics.

1. She wants to manage another team. New York's GM was let go last week.

2. Rift with ownership's philosophy. I don't know what to think of this. I doubt she'd have a rift with Sheila Johnson's or Leonsis' philosophy, which was build a young team with selected veterans which will play exciting basketball and contend for championships perennially. She may not like the fact that the Mystics and Wizards are essentially now run by the same people now aside from the on court stuff.

Well, I'm not happy with this. I thought the Mystics were finally getting on solid footing. Now, the foundation has been shaken and the team could be a joke before this May....

Aside from the Mystics' latest screw up, I'm excited for the NBA preseason to start as we play against Dallas this Tuesday. And though the Caps lost their last preseason game against the Nashville Predators, I'm really pleased that the team is still firing at 110% scoring goals faster than the Miami Heat can run a fast break!
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS!   Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:12 am

Ted! Replace her with Isiah Thomas! Please, for the love of God! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS!   Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 am

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Ted! Replace her with Isiah Thomas! Please, for the love of God! Very Happy

I'd rather see Gilbert as Mystics GM before Isiah takes any Leonsis run team.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS!   Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:10 am

Still no response from Ted regarding the Mystics situation.... This disturbs me actually.

Either something really bad went on during contract negotiations, or now that Ted owns every major team minus the Snyd - skins and the Nationals, he now can control the press and stop being so transparent.... To Mystics fans, this is their Gungate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS!   Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS! Empty

Back to top Go down

Washington Mystics let go of GM Angela Taylor; Wizards and Caps hold their FAN FESTS!
Page 1 of 1