Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Tony Parker -> New York Knicks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

Tony Parker -> New York Knicks Empty
PostSubject: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:19 pm

What do you think?

New York receives:
Tony Parker

San Antonio Spurs receives:
Raymond Felton
Wilson Chandler
1st round draft pick (late-Lottery pick)

If this trade happens the New York Knicks will have Tony Parker who will then team up with Amar'e Stoudamire and make a pretty good duo. I predict the Knicks to win 35+ games with this team.

The San Antonio Spurs then will say goodbye to a great era of Basketball, but still have great rebuilding pices (George Hill, Tiago Splitter, DeJuan Balir). I preduct a 50+ win season, but knocked out of the second round.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Well if tony parker goes to new york..im going to tell you right of the bat that there winning more than 35..with park and stoudimire
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Not bad trade.

I don't know hold old Chandler is but he seems young and promising. Felton is a solid PG too. I wonder if the Spurs would trade Parker to somewhere else due to them wanting Hill to be their next PG. With the trade you listed they would have a young core I guess. I think 45 win team though
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:24 pm

john wrote:
Well if tony parker goes to new york..im going to tell you right of the bat that there winning more than 35..with park and stoudimire

Yea. They would probably win more.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Hello wrote:
Not bad trade.

I don't know hold old Chandler is but he seems young and promising. Felton is a solid PG too. I wonder if the Spurs would trade Parker to somewhere else due to them wanting Hill to be their next PG. With the trade you listed they would have a young core I guess. I think 45 win team though

Chandler (If he turns out to be promising) would take Jefferson's role, which would probably cause the Spurs to trade him, and bring in more young players. I put down 50 wins because the Spurs seem to always go beyond our set expectations..
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Wilson Chandler is 23

I wouldn't do that cause it's giving up way too much for someone who is a FA anyways and NY can realistically try to get.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:30 pm

EM: That's Fresh wrote:
Wilson Chandler is 23

I wouldn't do that cause it's giving up way too much for someone who is a FA anyways and NY can realistically try to get.

Very good point. I think the San Antonio Spurs would want to trade Tony Parker before FA though. He's brought great production to the franchise, but I think it's time they parted ways. Wilson Chandler will be a star someday, and if the Spurs get him they'll have a good young core.

I guess I was being a bit too biased.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:31 pm

I would love that trade very much.
Love what Parker has done for us...but it ensures the Spurs not coming empty handed in the next free agency and we would get nice pieces in return. Jefferson has been ticking me off with his play this past season so Chandler replacing him would be awesome. Felton is a good defensive PG which Pop would love in his system. Finally, Spurs seem to luck out often in the drafts so a first round pick could mean another steal for us (e.g. Blair, Parker were steals in the past). With that roster, I don't see how the Spurs could get any less than 50 wins.

Last edited by SRF: Chillin' on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:35 pm

PG: Parker
SG: Buike
SF: Gallinari
PF: Randolph
C: Amar'e

Solid starting line-up with great shooter in Buike and Gallinari and a good driver in Parker along with Amar'e. Randolph is full of potential.

PG: Felton/Hill
SG: Andersen
SF: Chandler
PF: Blair
C: Splitter

Throw in Tim Duncan,Manu Ginobli,and Richard Jefferson And you have a solid young team with great veteran experience not to even mention coach Pop. Also how the Spurs are always getting steals in the draft.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 pm

SRF: Chillin' wrote:
Love what Parker has done for us...but it ensures the Spurs coming empty handed in the next free agency and we would get nice pieces in return. Jefferson has been ticking me off with his play this past season so Chandler replacing him would be awesome. Felton is a good defensive PG which Pop would love in his system. Finally, Spurs seem to luck out often in the drafts so a first round pick could mean another steal for us (e.g. Blair, Parker were steals in the past). With that roster, I don't see how the Spurs could get any less than 50 wins.

That is right bro.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 pm

She's a girl haha
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Hello wrote:
PG: Parker
SG: Buike
SF: Gallinari
PF: Randolph
C: Amar'e

Solid starting line-up with great shooter in Buike and Gallinari and a good driver in Parker along with Amar'e. Randolph is full of potential.

PG: Felton/Hill
SG: Andersen
SF: Chandler
PF: Blair
C: Splitter

Throw in Tim Duncan,Manu Ginobli,and Richard Jefferson And you have a solid young team with great veteran experience not to even mention coach Pop. Also how the Spurs are always getting steals in the draft.

Yea. This would result in the end of the Spurs reign, but it would be the beginning of the Spurs young talent to show the NBA what they're made up.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Love what Parker has done for us...but it ensures the Spurs coming empty handed in the next free agency and we would get nice pieces in return. Jefferson has been ticking me off with his play this past season so Chandler replacing him would be awesome. Felton is a good defensive PG which Pop would love in his system. Finally, Spurs seem to luck out often in the drafts so a first round pick could mean another steal for us (e.g. Blair, Parker were steals in the past). With that roster, I don't see how the Spurs could get any less than 50 wins.

Add in Blair and I would consider me liking it. BTW it's a little too early to be talking TD the bench player isn't it? I mean he did put up 19/10 in the playoffs.

Last edited by EM: That's Fresh on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Add in Blair and I would consider me liking it

How about I add Richard Jefferson? :3
Lol, no I don't think the Spurs would want to add Blair, who will eventually replace Tim Duncan as the starting PF.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Add in Blair and I would consider me liking it

Noooope! 👅
Blair stays in SA; bahaha!
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Hello wrote:
She's a girl haha

LOL.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Derrick Rose wrote:
Wilson Chandler is 23

Very good point. I think the San Antonio Spurs would want to trade Tony Parker before FA though. He's brought great production to the franchise, but I think it's time they parted ways. Wilson Chandler will be a star someday, and if the Spurs get him they'll have a good young core.

I guess I was being a bit too biased.

True but if that is the case who's to say that he still wouldn't leave whatever team he is traded to once his contract is up? I mean Eva Longoria said she wouldn't mind being in NY and Amar'e personally said TP's name in public along with Melo's as 1 of the 2 players he can help reel in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker -> New York Knicks   Tony Parker -> New York Knicks Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Parker -> New York Knicks
Page 1 of 1