Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What do you think about this trade

Go down 
+5
Raza
EM:)
brownie13
cbi
Derrick Rose
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

What do you think about this trade Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Chicago Bulls receive:
SF Marvin Williams
SF Austin Daye
2nd round pick from Hawks

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
SF Luol Deng
PG Rodney Stuckey (Replacement for Bibby)

Detroit Pistons Receive:
PG Mike Bibby
SF James Johnson
PG Jeff Teagues
1st round draft pick from Atlanta Hawks

What do you think about this?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 pm

I would be unhappy if i was the pistons or bulls. marvindaye or bibbyteague arent very good replacements for deng and stuckey
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 pm

LOL the 2 best players in that trade go to the Hawks...
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Chekwa, Chimdi: pro G wrote:
I would be unhappy if i was the pistons or bulls. marvindaye or bibbyteague arent very good replacements for deng and stuckey

The Chicago Bulls' mission is to get rid of Luol Deng's overpaid contract, and Marvin Williams will be a FA next year I think, so it's a good situation to test out if Williams work or is a bust. For the Pistons it's about rebuilding bro. The Pistons aren't going to win, so getting draft picks and building around Greg Monroe should be their primary objective. The Hawks need a replacement for Bibby and they have one in Stuckey. They also get a great perimeter shooter in Deng.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:24 pm

Dub C wrote:

On paper maybe, but the Bulls want to get rid of Deng's contract, The Hawks need a replacement Point, and The Pistons are looking to start over.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:29 pm

Derrick Rose wrote:
Dub C wrote:

On paper maybe, but the Bulls want to get rid of Deng's contract, The Hawks need a replacement Point, and The Pistons are looking to start over.

No they don't What do you think about this trade 5529 They only want to do it if they can improve their SF.

They dumped Hinrich like they wanted to, so they're fine with having Deng. The only reason he's still in trade rumors is because Carmelo is available.

The Hawks would gladly take that trade, but Stuckey is one of the cheaper and younger players the Pistons have. He's not going anywhere and neither is Daye who is part of that rebuilding future they're looking forward to.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Dub C wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:
Dub C wrote:

No they don't What do you think about this trade 5529 They only want to do it if they can improve their SF.

They dumped Hinrich like they wanted to, so they're fine with having Deng. The only reason he's still in trade rumors is because Carmelo is available.

The Hawks would gladly take that trade, but Stuckey is one of the cheaper and younger players the Pistons have. He's not going anywhere and neither is Daye who is part of that rebuilding future they're looking forward to.

What do you think about this trade 5529 Marvin Williams is a good Small Forward, believe it or not, and he's an expiring contract. Luol Deng has like 4+ years left in his contract. Carmelo Anthony isn't going to fit in with the Bulls anyways.

For two 1st rounders (2011/2012) I would take that anyday over Rodney Stuckey and Austin Daye.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Derrick Rose wrote:
What do you think about this trade 5529 Marvin Williams is a good Small Forward, believe it or not, and he's an expiring contract. Luol Deng has like 4+ years left in his contract. Carmelo Anthony isn't going to fit in with the Bulls anyways.

For two 1st rounders (2011/2012) I would take that anyday over Rodney Stuckey and Austin Daye.

Deng > Williams. That's a simple fact I think even Hawks fans who like Marv will attest to. There's no guarantee that the Bulls will be able to get a better small forward in the off-season, so why give up the solid one they have when they already have pretty much the team they want? They wouldn't.

In addition, the Pistons were only getting back 1 first round pick, not 2 (at least according to your trade), and it would be from the new and improved Hawks (likely to win 50+ games with those two added on). A late 1st round pick for their two youngest players? smh.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Derrick Rose wrote:
Dub C wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:
Dub C wrote:

Marvin Williams in 2009 agreed with a 5 year contract extension worth nearly $40 million, so he's no expiring contract in fact he's locked up until 2014.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Dub C wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:

Deng > Williams. That's a simple fact I think even Hawks fans who like Marv will attest to. There's no guarantee that the Bulls will be able to get a better small forward in the off-season, so why give up the solid one they have when they already have pretty much the team they want? They wouldn't.

In addition, the Pistons were only getting back 1 first round pick, not 2 (at least according to your trade), and it would be from the new and improved Hawks (likely to win 50+ games with those two added on). A late 1st round pick for their two youngest players? smh.

We haven't seen Marvin William's full potential yet, as he was only a role player for the Atlanta Hawks and still put up good numbers. Like I said, Williams' contract will expire and the Bulls then will have more options. Luol Deng is young, but I doubt he'll have another stellar year like back in '07.

I meant to put two 1st round draft picks. I think the Pistons need to start over, that is why I'm suggesting they get rid of everyone ~Saracasm
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 pm

EM: That's Fresh wrote:
Marvin Williams in 2009 agreed with a 5 year contract extension worth nearly $40 million, so he's no expiring contract in fact he's locked up until 2014.

There you go. Now the trade is not just a FAIL...but an EPIC FAIL.

Aren't the EPIC kind so much more fun? Smile
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Dub C wrote:

You're a rude person. I didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 pm

I believe Bibby is under contract for 3 yrs after 09 as well I believe cause in the 09' offseason the Knicks were after Nash, Andre Miller, Kidd, & Bibby to serve as our PG's, but all of them signed with their respective teams that they are on now cause NY couldn't offer the money they wanted initially since the Knicks had their sights set on 2010. I remember Bibby signed for 3 yrs or something like that. Bibby for 3, marvin for 5, and JJ for 6 yrs for 120+. Not to mention Al Horford is in fact a FA this season. No wonder JC can't get paid.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 pm

I believe Bibby is under contract for 3 yrs after 09 as well I believe cause in the 09' offseason the Knicks were after Nash, Andre Miller, Kidd, & Bibby to serve as our PG's, but all of them signed with their respective teams that they are on now cause NY couldn't offer the money they wanted initially since the Knicks had their sights set on 2010. I remember Bibby signed for 3 yrs or something like that. Bibby for 3, marvin for 5, and JJ for 6 yrs for 120+. Not to mention Al Horford is in fact a FA this season. No wonder JC can't get paid.

Alright. I'll get my sources from more than one next time.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Derrick Rose wrote:

Everybody on here is, except for like 3 or 4 people

Get used to it if you wanna stick around. We'll all probably get along with you...unless you show that you're dumb as hell.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Derrick Rose wrote:
Dub C wrote:

No I'm not. Just look up your stuff before you argue something. Then we're cool.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Raza wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:

Get used to it if you wanna stick around. We'll all probably get along with you...unless you show that you're dumb as hell.

Shut the fuck up Raza. God, you're a dumbass.

What were we talking about, then?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Raza wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:

Shut the fuck up Raza. God, you're a dumbass.

What were we talking about, then?
What do you think about this trade 579559
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Raza wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:

Am I nice? Or am I an in betweener?
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Raza wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:

Alrighty.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Dub C wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:
Dub C wrote:

No I'm not. Just look up your stuff before you argue something. Then we're cool.

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Derrick Rose
College Baller
College Baller
Derrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Raza wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:

Am I nice? Or am I an in betweener?

In between. You tell people what's really what without coming off as rude.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Tony, you're nice Razz
I've never really seen you get angry or crack jokes at people
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Raza wrote:
Tony, you're nice Razz
I've never really seen you get angry or crack jokes at people
What do you think about this trade 401713
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 pm

im awsomely nice..i think..

wait am i nice or mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this trade   What do you think about this trade Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think about this trade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next