Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What do you think of this trade?

Go down 
+2
cbi
EM:)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

What do you think of this trade? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Indiana gets:

PF. Kenyon Martin - 1yr remaining
SG. J.R. Smith - 1yr remaining

* Indy needs a legit starting PF Hansbrough just doesn't have the body and George may not be ready yet.

Denver receives:

PG. T.J. Ford - 1yr remaining
G/F. Mike Dunleavy - 1yr remaining
SG. Brandon Rush - 1 yr remaining
C. Jeff Foster - 1 yr remaining

* With Billups' place on the team in question when and if Melo leaves the team they could use the scoring out of Dunleavy, Ford, & Rush (since DEN's 2 best players may not be with them for the entire season. Also they can use another PG. Lawson/Ford is def better than Lawson/Carter. And Foster can rebound and hustle for them off the bench if Birdman has another poor showing at it like he did in the playoffs.

INDY:

PG. COLLISON
SG. STEPHENSON
SF. GRANGER
PF. K-MART
C. HIBBERT
6. Smith
7. D. Jones
8. Posey
9. Hansbrough
10. Price
11. George
12. S. Jones

DEN:

PG. ???
SG. ???
SF. ???
PF. ???
C. NENE

Players Returning: Ty Lawson, Arron Afflalo, Birdman, Anthony Carter

Players Added: Al Harrington, Mike Dunleavy, T.J. Ford, Brandon Rush, Jeff Foster, Shelden Williams, and whoever else is added if a couple of trades go down.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:21 pm

all of them with expiring contracts? why would the teams do that? lol
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 pm

cause they fill needs hahahaha at least you can say it's pretty fair
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Bad trade for Denver IMO.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Why would Indy want an oft injured PF and a gunner with no common sense?
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:28 pm

T.J. Ford (when healthy) has shown to be as productive as J.R. Smith prolly more cause he's run an offense before.

Mike Dunleavy (when healthy) scores well add that to Brandon Rush who is an efficient offensive player off the bench, and T.J. Ford as well with Melo and Billups leaving between the 3 of these guys and whomever they get for Melo and Billups along with the rest of the guys on roster they can still be a respectable offensive team.

Foster hustles...

K-MART (when healthy) plays decently but at least he has the body to play PF Hansbrough doesn't.

J.R. Smith (up and down player has his highs/lows but he can produce for Indy)

I think it seems fair
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Eh I dunno.

I just don't like any of those players.

Only Pacers I really really like are collison and Granger.
Only Nuggets player I Like are Billups and Lawson.

Screw the rest.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm

EM: That's Fresh wrote:
T.J. Ford (when healthy) has shown to be as productive as J.R. Smith prolly more cause he's run an offense before. 1

Mike Dunleavy (when healthy) scores well add that to Brandon Rush who is an efficient offensive player off the bench, and T.J. Ford as well with Melo and Billups leaving between the 3 of these guys and whomever they get for Melo and Billups along with the rest of the guys on roster they can still be a respectable offensive team. 2

Foster hustles... 3

K-MART (when healthy) plays decently but at least he has the body to play PF Hansbrough doesn't. 4

J.R. Smith (up and down player has his highs/lows but he can produce for Indy) 5

I think it seems fair 6

1. No he hasn't. He gets traded all the time or loses his starting job because he can't run a team. He has too many shortcomings for a starting point guard (no pun intended).

2. Mike D. was a solid player. He's now tittering in the T-Mac zone. He might never come back to be the player he was from his most recent injury. Indy is the third worse shooting team in the league. How would those guys make the Nuggets a respectable offensive team?

3. True.

4. Tyler is 20 pounds heavier and 6 years younger and not the head case Martin is.

5. He can produce for anyone, but no one wants him.

6. Nah.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Agreed about T.J. Ford he's oft injured and I think sometimes he can't control himself cause he's too fast out there doesn't have good reaction time but he's put up 15/5 before and can do it again. Lawson would be the primary PG. Ford can just come in and do a solid job as backup. Ford or A. Carter?

Did not realize Hansbrough put on 20 lbs of muscle maybe he can work out as a 4 but maybe not it wouldn't hurt to get K-MART unless K-MART would spew off at the mouth again like he's always done. K-MART is all right at best but he would give the 4 a little reassurance. Smith is a gamble but why not try out the gamble for this season alone (he is an expiring contract as is K-MART?)

Mike D has been solid before and it's true he's lost various steps 15 and 9 PPG aren't exactly the 19 PPG he averaged before injuries but they aren't terrible either. If you put him around other good scorers/pickups he could do good and get back from injuries.

And Indy was a poor shooting team last yr I think cause Granger was out for a lot of it as was Dunleavy and even Murphy for a bit I think. Also they started veteran Earl Watson as PG that's a downgrade shooting potency from what they had in Jarrett Jack in 09. Last year they also doghoused T.J. Ford in favor of A.J. Price who didn't do a bad job but being early in his career Price doesn't produce offensively what Ford has done.

In 2008-2009 a little bit more healthy the Pacers were one of the most prolific offenses in the NBA. I think they were something in the top 5. And either the Knicks or them (I can't remember right now) were the highest scoring team in the East. They were also much more effective shooting the ball with Jack and not Watson and the team being a little bit more healthy.

I think if Denver gets Dunleavy, Ford, Rush and combine them with anyone NY, CHI, HOU, NO, LAC are willing to give them in return for Melo. That they could be a respectable offensive team with Billups or without him. They may trade Billups for some decent pieces as well. The Indy players would be in different circumstances hopefully they'll stay healthy for it to be a different circumstance.

As for Indy they stay healthy and they'll be a high-octane offense with better shooting #'s not towards the bottom of the league.

Collison/Granger/Stephenson are going to put up #'s and Hibbert seems like he'll become a quality low-post scorer. His d needs a lot of work though as does his overall rebounding ability he needs to expand on that.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Just sayin...

Hansbrough would be better off playing Center.
He's only 6'9, but that 250 pounds of not-so-pure-athleticism will get him nowhere at PF. Too slow for the 4 position imo and should be strong enough for the 5.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 1:13 am

I think it's complete trash
Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this trade?
Page 1 of 1