Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...

Go down 
+2
Fox News
EM:)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... Empty
PostSubject: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:47 am

that Mike D'Antoni might be willing to try out this for size with "size" being the "key word" as the NY Knicks starting line...

PG. FELTON
SG. GALLINARI - 6"10
SF. RANDOLPH - 6"11
PF. AMAR'E - 6"10
C. MOZGOV - 7"1
6. Chandler/Buike - Taking major minutes

Anyways what are your thoughts on this? And for those of you who've seen him more than I have can Anthony Randolph shoot well? I mean can he play SF and score consistently from mid-range? What about on the defensive end I know he has worlds of athleticism and he is long but can he defend, will he transform himself into a solid enough defender? By the looks of it starting Randolph over Chandler and Buike may not be what's best defensively speaking offensively it may or may not be a downgrade I'm fairly certain NY's offense wouldn't be effected starting out in games with this line up. It will create a lot of match-up problems for defenses to try and match up as well
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:55 pm

uhhh...Well on offense..like you said,alot of matchup problems...problem is..can 6'11 gallinari defend somebody like a luol deng?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:12 pm

I'm 100% sure that will not be the lineup for the start of the season....

And I'm not even talking about trades.....
If the roster stays exactly the same....that won't be the lineup..
No way in hell is Gallo playing SG, Randolf playing SF, Mozgov playing C
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:56 pm

WTF!?

fail for the knicks again...
i say let mosgov prove himself first
although im not doubting he will be good
im just saying you dont expect someone of his caliber
to come in and start straight away...

Bill Walker proved he can play last season
so did Toney Douglas
why are the knicks jumping right into a win-now situation
when they obviously dont have the assets to trade around for it
i say build slowly and be patient (i see walsh doing that)

PG - Felton (Agreed) let douglas develop under him and so Ray can run the P&R with Amare
SG - Gallinari (Disagree) hes not agile enough to defend the likes of quicker guards like Roy and Ginobli etc. i say start Buike cause he does have some strength, speed and size on him if your going to start gallinari at least learn from the Orlando Magic who play 6'10 f Rashard lewis at the 4 so it can create match up problems, spread the floor and players along the perimetre and make space for Amares pick and roll
SF - Randolph (DISAGREE) you really expect him to guard the 1st steps of the players like Lebron, Durant, Anthony, Gay etc. he will get bitched on, though he is versatile enough to play that position i dont like the idea, you need to bring a utility player like Randoplh affectively off the bench, like Odom
PF - Stoudamire (Agreed) i dont need to say much lol
C - Mosgov (Wait and See) Whats the problem with starting someone like Randoplh or Turiaf before Mosgov is ready to play an up-tempo nba style of game i dont think he would run the floor to well but dont get me wrong he will be affective with boards, pick and roll alternative etc.

I mean you might aswell develop these young players to their full potential you got Chandler, Douglas, Walker, Randolp, Fields and they just signed Ewing JR
use it...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:13 pm

Hey it's not me I don't really want it this way but Mike D'Antoni is the type of guy that does whatever he wants to do.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:18 pm

So its.

PG
F
F/C
F/C
C
?
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 pm

I find that stupid. Gallinari and Randolph can barely hold their ground against players that play the same position as them. Average D at best for them in their "new" positions. Felton and A'mare are right. I don't know who this Mozgov guy is. Can anyone fill me in on him? With that starting line up you have Walker,Douglas,Chandler,Buike,Barron, all off the bench. Very versatile on offense and ill cause a lot of problems but like always for the Knicks, the defense will likely suck.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:35 pm

Username wrote:
So its.

PG
F
F/C
F/C
C
?

Basically seems pretty farfetched don't it? And Buike won't play for a while he's rehabilitating and Chandler/Buike are our best defenders are both are versatile and can get it done on both sides of the floor. I prefer Chandler as a player over Buoike. But it's either learn how to play alongside one another for Gallo/Chandler or start Buike over Chandler when he gets better and good to go.

Last season on the offensive end Gallo was inserted @ SG and did pretty well. Defensively he would guard a SG but if it was a speedy SG like an Ellis or somebody along that nature Chandler guarded the 2 or Hughes even. Last season NY tried Jeffries @ SG for a bit as well that was overly puzzling.

Chandler played SG the most he's a SF and he was playing a large portion of the season with a broken nose and a leg injuty. he wasn't gonna sit it but NY was out of the playoff race that management told him to sit out the rest of the season the final month or so. He was moved back and forth from SG to SF.

We tried Jeffries @ SG, Gallo @ SG, Hughes @ SG, Walker @ SG, Nate @ SG and Douglas @ PG/SG when he finally got playing time. Not to mention T-MAC who finished the season for us @ SG.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:40 pm

Infinite wrote:
I find that stupid. Gallinari and Randolph can barely hold their ground against players that play the same position as them. Average D at best for them in their "new" positions. Felton and A'mare are right. I don't know who this Mozgov guy is. Can anyone fill me in on him? With that starting line up you have Walker,Douglas,Chandler,Buike,Barron, all off the bench. Very versatile on offense and ill cause a lot of problems but like always for the Knicks, the defense will likely suck.

Gallo isn't a bad defender he's not a great one but he can hold his own defensively. Speedier G/F's are a difficult matchup don't get me wrong but I've seen him contain F's like Melo, Pierce, and Caron Butler well.

And Barron doesn't look like will be a Knick next season he's a FA as is Giddens and Bender. Their rights have yet to be renounced by NY but it doesn't look like any would be kept cause Barron (the only 1 of them that's done enough to be worth keeping) hasn't had any meetings with NY given to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...   Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just in from the MSG Network it reports that if there is no significant change to NY's roster until 2011's offseason...
Page 1 of 1