Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Any predictions for next season?

Go down 
+12
Chris
Snow.
EM:)
cbi
Abdu
wallshingtonwizard
Saeed
Koolish
Raza
Janet
lozan :)
FC
16 posters
AuthorMessage
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

Any predictions for next season? Empty
PostSubject: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:51 pm

And they have to be semi bold, not like lakers will make playoffs

Mine are:

-Al Jefferson will make his first all star and all nba second team. When boozer left everyone thought the jazz were done, even with millsap. I believe he will return to his 2009 form and with a playoff team will get recognition. With Jerry sloan as his coach he will also actually start playing good defense, sloan won't allow him not too. He will be on an all nba team, as a PF or C

- Tracy Mcgrady will average 20ppg. The bulls said that he looked 100% but he does not want a 6th man role. With New York and one game with the rockets he showed some glimpses of his past from. If he starts, I believe he will make a comback

-Paul Millsap will be traded. Of all my predictions this is the one im most sure about. Millsap wasn't happy with his role last year and wants to start. I'm sure the jefferson addition didn't please him. He will be traded.

- The knicks will make the playoffs next year. Everyone is thinking with just stoudamire they wont make it. But the nuggets are considering trading anthony randolph, danilo, and eddy curry for carmelo and ty lawson. This is a rumor someone told me but he has connection and is pretty reliable. Even without carmelo I still think they have a chance at the playoffs

-Dirk will win MVP. The mavs are the second best team in the west, in my mind. While averaging 25/11/3 with 57 wins, he will edge out durant, howard, kobe, and lebron

Yours?
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 am

The Hawks will win the NBA Champtionship!!

Not really but a girl can dream cant she?
lol

And you did say bold Razz lol

Last edited by Lozan <3 (: on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 am

Lakers will win the championship .... after being down 0-3 in the series Razz

=] yeeuh lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:39 am

The Bulls will win the NBA Championship
Danny Granger will return to 25+ PPG and all-star status
Amare Stoudemire's numbers and performance will go down greatly
Shelden Williams will average 5/5 or more
The Celtics won't be above the 6th seed
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:55 am

Kings WILL make the playoffs.

..I think we all know that.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:01 am

The Celtics will be getting worse, although Rondo will become an even bigger Triple-Double Machine, and Kendrick Perkins will become a Top 5 rebounder in the league if he's good off the surgery.

The Thunder will become a championship contender, yet still a 3rd or 4th seed, begin their run for a title for the next few years behind Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. Jeff Green will be somewhere else when the season ends. Once they have to resign KD and Westbrook and Green, they'll only have enough for two if they want a good balanced team. So they might trade for someone on a long contract.

The Spurs will miss the play-offs for the first time since Duncan was introduced to the NBA. Parker is getting moved somewhere else through a trade, Duncan will not become a top player at his position anymore, Ginobli will be the same, and the rest of their team isn't enough to make it happen, especially in the West.

If healthy, the Clippers will be an amazing squad. Griffin is introduced to the NBA, Baron Davis still has it, and is still a good defender, and they still have improving Gordon and Kaman, to go with a good versatile Thornton. They have one of the best starting line-ups, only they still have problems with coaching and management.

The Cavaliers will do OK without James. Williams, Jamison, Varajeo, Hickson, Parker, Sessions, Moon, and Coach Scott. All form a great core and a pretty good starting line-up. Mo and Tawn need to realize they cannot depend on O'Neal or James anymore.

The Rockets will come back to their old team as a tough and smart team with Yao, Brooks, Ariza, Martin, Scola, Battier, Budinger, and Lowry who are all getting better. They also add Brad Miller to which he will be in every minute that Yao's foot problem is in effect.

Top 5 Teams In My Mind:
1. Los Angeles
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Chicago
5. Dallas/Denver/OKC
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:46 pm

1. Heat win the NBA Championship,
2. Wade wins his 1st MVP
3. LeBron leads the NBA in assists.
4. Wizards win 35 games, still blow in the East, win the Draft Lotto for the 2nd straight year.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Heat get raped by Magic in ECF
LA sweeps Magic in finals
OKC will make WCF
Durant will win mvp and become youngest player to ever win it
Andrew Bynum stays healthy and becomes a constant 20/10 threat
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Up There wrote:
The Celtics will be getting worse, although Rondo will become an even bigger Triple-Double Machine, and Kendrick Perkins will become a Top 5 rebounder in the league still be a great reboudning threat if he's good off the surgery.

The Thunder will become a championship contenderconsistent playoff threat, yet still a 3rd or 4th seed, begin their run for a title for the next few years behind Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. Jeff Green will bemight be somewhere else when the season ends. Once they have to resign KD and Westbrook and Green, they'll only have enough for two if they want a good balanced team. So they might trade for someone on a long contract.

If healthy, the Clippers will be an amazinggood squad. Griffin is introduced to the NBA, Baron Davis still has it, and is still a good defender, and they still have improving Gordon and Kaman, to go with a good versatile Thornton. to go with teh sharpshooting butler. They have one of the best starting line-ups, only they still have problems with coaching and management.

The Cavaliers will do OK without James. Williams, Jamison, Varajeo, Hickson, Parker, Sessions, Moon, and Coach Scott. All form a great core and a pretty good starting line-up. Mo and Tawn need to realize they cannot depend on O'Neal or James anymore.

The Rockets will come back to their old team as a tough and smart team with Yao, Brooks, Ariza, Martin, Scola, Battier, Budinger, and Lowry who are all getting better. They also add Brad Miller to which he will be in every minute that Yao's foot problem is in effect.

Top 5 Teams In My Mind:
1. Los Angeles
2. Orlando Miami
3. Boston Orlando
4. Chicago Boston
5. Dallas/Denver/OKC
mostly agree with what you said. changed what i had to change
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:39 pm

There will be a epic occurence due to sheer boredom, Toney Douglas stops doing what Toney Douglas do for exactly 40 seconds. A small meteor shower hits New York City. And Toney Douglas goes back doing what Toney Douglas Do. Cause he is in fact Toney Douglas.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:55 am

cbi wrote:
Up There wrote:
The Celtics will be getting worse, although Rondo will become an even bigger Triple-Double Machine, and Kendrick Perkins will become a Top 5 rebounder in the league still be a great reboudning threat if he's good off the surgery.

The Thunder will become a championship contenderconsistent playoff threat, yet still a 3rd or 4th seed, begin their run for a title for the next few years behind Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. Jeff Green will bemight be somewhere else when the season ends. Once they have to resign KD and Westbrook and Green, they'll only have enough for two if they want a good balanced team. So they might trade for someone on a long contract.

If healthy, the Clippers will be an amazinggood squad. Griffin is introduced to the NBA, Baron Davis still has it, and is still a good defender, and they still have improving Gordon and Kaman, to go with a good versatile Thornton. to go with teh sharpshooting butler. They have one of the best starting line-ups, only they still have problems with coaching and management.

Top 5 Teams In My Mind:
1. Los Angeles
2. Orlando Miami
3. Boston Orlando
4. Chicago Boston
5. Dallas/Denver/OKC
mostly agree with what you said. changed what i had to change

Looking back I agree with everything you said really. Except the Top 5 teams.

1. Lakers no doubt.
2a. Orlando
2b. Boston
4. Chicago
5. whoever.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:57 am

lol SK...

the heat are going to be a top 5 time for sure!

Lebron destroyed the league with a weak ass time look who he got on his team now!
i not its hard to admit but they are going to be the top team
we just dont know how they will peform in the post-season

1. Lakers
2. Heat
3. Orlando
4. Chicago
5. Boston
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:19 am

Rondo will win MIP
KG will win DPOY
Pierce will win MVP
Bradley will win ROY
O'Neal will win 6th Man
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Rondo doesnt have much to improve except shooting lol
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Lakers win the championship vs the magic in 6
kevin durant or kobe will be mvp
kvin durant will be the scoring leader
boston will not be as good as last season
shaq will be worse than last season
david stern will get shot.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Where the FUCK did the last one come from? Any predictions for next season? 900593
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm

dirk will not get more total rebounds than KD.

Ill leave RBT if he does.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Ahem the NY Knicks will make the playoffs!!!! I'll leave RBT if they don't. Taking a page out of Koolish & Dwayne's book.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:00 pm

They probably will as like a 6-8 seed...if all the new Warrior players they got stay healthy.

PG - Felton
SG - Chandler? Kelenna?
SF - Gallo
PF - Anthony Randolph? I always liked this guy and can't think of any other NY big men...besides:
C - Amare
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Well,here are some of my predictions

-Greg Oden averages a double-double and plays 65 regular season games

-LeBron wins 3rd MVP award

-Miami Heat or Los Angeles Lakers will be the 2010-11 champions.

-If the Heat,win the title in 2010-11 post season,LeBron and Wade will be Co-Finals MVP
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:45 pm

- Thunder and Jazz make top seeds in the WEST
- Rudy Gay or Monta Ellis makes it to All-Star games
- New York Knicks make 8th seed and beat the heat in a thriller of a game 7 series
(LOL i wish)

bold one but can happen
- Memphis Grizz make the playoffs and make a "thunder run"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any predictions for next season?   Any predictions for next season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any predictions for next season?
Page 1 of 1