Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

All Star Squad Predictions

Go down 
+4
Straight Edge Bluntness
EM:)
No Longer DEAD
J
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Does Brandon Jenning get your All-Star vote?
Yes, he has played at an All-Star level
All Star Squad Predictions Vote_lcap33%All Star Squad Predictions Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
No, he belongs in the Rookie-Sophomore game
All Star Squad Predictions Vote_lcap67%All Star Squad Predictions Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

All Star Squad Predictions Empty
PostSubject: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 pm

It may be too early to start talking about this, but as you know, my hometown Dallas (well, Arlington, but same thing) will be hosting the All Star game this season at the world class venue owned by my favortite NFL team, the indestructable Dallas Cowboys.

If you had to vote right now, what would you All-Star team look like?
Here's Mine

Western Conference:

C Tim Duncan
PF Dirk Nowitzki
SF Carmelo Anthony
SG Kobe Bryant
PG Steve Nash
Brandon Roy
Amare Stoudemire
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum
Richard Jefferson
Chris Paul
Pau Gasol
Jason Terry
LaMarcus Aldridge

Eastern Conference: Much easier.
C Dwight Howard
PF Chris Bosh
SF LeBron James
SG Dwyane Wade
PG Gilbert Arenas
Danny Granger
Brandon Jennings
Derrick Rose
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Shaquille O'Neal
Rashard Lewis
Joe Johnson
Allen Iverson
Josh Smith
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Where's Monta?

And Richard Jefferson, Aldridge, Jennings, Shaq, maybe Josh Smith, and Arenas all don't deserve to be there.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:02 am

Why Shaq why not Lee?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:21 am

I agree with Khai's omissions (except for RJ; sue me).

Otherwise, I don't have much disagreements with your formulated list for the all-star game. The reality is, not every deserving player can make the game due to limited roster spots but those are fair choices J IMO.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:23 am

I kind of based on more what I think will happen.

Shaq will definitely get more votes than Lee. He has a huge fan base. It may not be fair if you look at the stats, but Shaq will make All-Star teams until the season he retires.
Monta Ellis doesn't win games. And I agree Aldridge was a stretch but there just arent that many good centers in the West, and many people say Al Jefferson but I really can't see him making an All-Star team.

I think Brandon Jennings has played like an All-Star, and Gilbert Arenas is like a given when it comes to the All-Star game. People will vote for him.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:25 am

Richard Jefferson was a stretch as well, but in the West It's hard to find SF's and Centers.

I wanted to add Shawn Marion, that I felt like there was some Maverick bias there, and as for centers, none of them really stand out.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 am

You know who's underrated Marvin Williams. I heard so much shit from so many people about him over the years talking about how the Hawks fucked up not drafting Williams or Paul and going after him. News flash at this stage of their careers I'd rather have Bibby who transformed this raggamuffin team into a playoff one in his time period in the ATL than both Williams and Paul . He is one of the clutchest guards in the playoffs currently in the NBA. Plus, look at the body of work Marvin Williams has done he seems to get better every year. People should relax he is so underated and ATL made a solid pick with him seeing something in him and having confidence in him as well.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 am

Yup. I definitely agree on Marvin Williams. It just took him a while to develop. He was very good in college. To be honset I was one of those people who counted him out.

He reminds me of the big brother from Smart Guy.

As for Bibby over Paul or Williams, i don't know about that.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:52 am

Bibby at his stage of his career is more proven he may not be more talented, but he is still one of the top 10 PG's in the NBA and like I said more proven. I'd take Billups over Paul/Williams in not only being more proven, but more talented on both sides of the floor as well. He is the resident best PG in the NBA IMO.

Back to the Bibby over Williams/Paul I do not put stats in this. Bibby is a better leader than both of these guys right now. It's like Jason Kidd v. Devin Harris. Even though Kidd is on the ropes of retiring in the next couple of years and Harris's stat line looks more impressive. Overall I'd take Kidd in a heart beat over him cause he knows how to win and can actually carry a team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:04 am

I agree about that unfortunately J-Kidd won't make it to all star team again, well yeah not because he isn't all star worthy but because of guys like CP3, D-Will (I hope he makes it this season) Billups and Nash are playing very well.

As for the East, I think PG's llike Rose, Arenas, Rondo or even Jennings will make it.

Players like Mo, Nelson and Harris WON'T make it.

Btw Anthony go to YM!
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:40 am

I don't see it much like Kidd vs. Harris. Harris was a budding star. CP3 is an Olympian. A recognized franchise player, and an All NBA First Teamer. An equally aged Kidd is better than Bibby and Paul is better than Harris.

I feel you on Billups. I think CP3 is the best in the league but Ican totally see where Billups would come from.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:19 am

It's too soon to predict, and Brandon Jennings is playing on and off.. One day got 55 Pts.. The next 8.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:15 am

I preety much would say that your predectin J are nice
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:14 am

Maybe Rondo over Rose.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:37 am

Arenas is 2nd in Eastern gaurd voting All Star Squad Predictions 322551
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:38 am

I think antwn jamison over josh smith.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:50 am

I forgot about Jamison. I agree. If either were to make it he should be there over Josh Smith.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Zach randolph over lamarcus aldridge. He's the Z-bo we all loved in portland. He's getting 20,10, 2, EFF + 21, Not taking bad shots, Hasnt attempted a 3 this season,Is shooting 50% from the field,80 % from the toy store, 2nd best offensive rebounder in the NBA behind brendan haywood,has a 16.4 TRB%,54.4 TSP and he's doing all of this in 34 mpg. Zach is really fixing his rep! And don't forget..he's only 28!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:38 pm

I don't think he would be picked as a reserve.
Other players will most likely be chosen instead of Zach.
It doesn't help that he is playing for the Grizzles as well.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:44 pm

And it doesn't help that Chris Bosh is playing for the Raptors, either.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 pm

If not a starter he is DEFINETLY a reserve. His numbers are 2 good. He's putting up these numbers on a team with 2 shot jackers,mayo and rudy.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Bosh will still make all-star game because he is just that awesome. Razz
Plus, he has been playing really well so far - so fans will recognize that and he has a huge fan base in Toronto...so there! All Star Squad Predictions 207638

Visa; I just don't see him being chosen as a reserve even.
Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but I am just saying...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Seriously I think David Lee over Shaq and Lewis. Lewis can stay, but yeah Shaq shouldn't be an All-star. Ray Allen over Jennings. Jennings has been on/off and is not yet solidified as a top player yet IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:57 pm

David lee isn't an allstar,His team is to bad.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:00 pm

The Knicks have an easy as hell scheduule coming up being near .500 by All-star break like last year (which they were) isn't farfetched at all. Lee is better this year than what he was last year. Shaq last year out West deserved the All-star appearance. This year no he hasn't and Lee has. Antawn Jamison over Josh Smith as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Star Squad Predictions   All Star Squad Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

All Star Squad Predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next