Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ Empty
PostSubject: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:36 pm

• This is the week, by all accounts, that San Antonio and Richard Jefferson will complete the restructured deal that we’ve all assumed had to be forthcoming since Jefferson stunningly opted out of a $15 million salary for next season on the eve of free agency. The specifics in terms of years and dollars remain unknown, but I’ve been assured that Jefferson will officially be back with the Spurs quite soon.

• With or without an official deal for Jefferson, Shaquille O’Neal remains by far the biggest available name on the open market … with Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson next in line on reputation. The Mavericks have abandoned the idea of a Shaq signing completely -- “He is out,” according to one team source -- since they have four centers currently on the roster until they can move the very available Alexis Ajinca. Atlanta, then, stands as the only team with a confirmed “live” interest in O’Neal. But Shaq, at last report, still wants assurances of a healthy slice of playing time as well as a salary that starts above the $5.8 million mid-level exception, which can be achieved through a sign-and-trade with Cleveland. No team out there, including Atlanta, is known to be willing to pay Shaq more than $2 million for next season.

• The Clippers do have legit interest in McGrady and are scheduled to work him out Tuesday. As Clips general manager Neil Olshey told ESPNLosAngeles.com’s Ramona Shelburne last week: "Tracy and I have a good relationship. We've known each other for a long time. He and Baron [Davis] have a good relationship [and] we obviously have a need for playmaking and scoring on the wings.” But sources say that news of the workout being made public was also intended to let the Bulls know that McGrady does have other options, since Chicago is where those close to McGrady say he’d love to land.

• Shaq, T-Mac and AI have all expressed interest in joining the most hated team in the league, yet you needn’t expect any of them to land on South Beach. In assembling a supporting cast for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on a severely limited budget, Miami has made it clear that it doesn’t want to add anyone -- no matter how much money he's willing to sacrifice -- who could conceivably challenge the chemistry or threaten to divert focus away from the three SuperFriends. O’Neal, frankly, was never a consideration after his stinging critiques of Miami’s training staff upon arrival in Phoenix and his history of slamming Bosh.

-Marc Stein
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:44 pm

I wouldn't mind having McGrady become a Bull. At a bargain price he'd be a nice pickup I think
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:51 pm

I would. T-mac plays SG and some SF. We have Deng, James Johnson, Korver and Brewer. I don't see where T-mac fits.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:10 pm

James Johnson didn't do much last year. He did pretty well in the Summer League but that is the Summer League

TMac would be a scorer that could help on the perimeter. We are stacked at those positions so I see the point. He's always wanted to play in Chicago though
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Brewer and Korver can play the 3 spot as well though.

if T-mac is okay with like 2 million a year, then fine.. but if he wants like 5-6 then screw it. he's not worth it now
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Bear Down wrote:
Brewer and Korver can play the 3 spot as well though.

if T-mac is okay with like 2 million a year, then fine.. but if he wants like 5-6 then screw it. he's not worth it now

I agree with that. He's not worth anymore than what we gave to Ronnie Brewer. If he gets 3-4mil or less it wouldn't be a bad thing

Clippers may offer him more so he may bite on that
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:46 pm

i honestly don't think T-Mac is a good fit with the clippers either. I just don't want him here. He would want more money then the bulls are willing to offer and he would want decent playing time. The bulls are a young team. We don't need a older guy with injury problems coming in.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Maaaaaan.

I dunno if I want Jefferson back...why Buford why?!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Splitter wrote:
Maaaaaan.

I dunno if I want Jefferson back...why Buford why?!

once RJ opted out, they actually said that's it's possible RJ will return to the spurs. But with teams like LA, MIN having money to spend.. people thought he would end up there... but they went in a diff. direction.

sorry :/

hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 pm

I hope he doesn't get overpaid at least...or I will be pissed!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 pm

well they not gunna pay him 15, lol
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:13 pm

*sigh of relief*

Glad that won't be happening.

Pay him like 1 million a yr?
wishful thinking, I know. drunken
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:15 pm

probably MLE area contract. the biggest bad thing about this is they probably had some sort of talk before he opted out that guaranteed him a decent contract that last 4-5 years. id be surprised if he resigned with the spurs for anything less than 4 years and 25 million
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:15 pm

they're gonna sign him to a long term deal. proably like 4/5years between 20-30 million dollars.. at least that's what I heard.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 pm

and he is being paid for 38.8 million for 4 years.......
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Splitter wrote:
and he is being paid for 38.8 million for 4 years.......

hey.. you and I were both right. A couple of weeks ago we said he will probably get about 9 million.. but from another team Razz

he might learn the system. don't worry

Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:19 am

NBA,

Where Wasted Money Happens.

Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:24 am

Mohammad wrote:
NBA,

Where Wasted Money Happens.

Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ 372102
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:01 pm

mhhmmm...

and he better learn the system...or I will have to rag on him the way I ragged on Mason last season! :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ   Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest on T-mac, AI, Shaq, RJ
Page 1 of 1